Hanna-barbera Label

Guest Lady Maverick

Guest Lady Maverick

I am just curious...were there any soul acts on this label? On another forum, someone mentioned (after I mentioned about Barbera's passing earlier this month) there was a record label. Any help is MUCH appreciated. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Now that's what I call a "proper" label discography! :thumbup: Lovely. :thumbsup:

Agree 100% . Well worth the time to read .

I am intrigued by the ' review ' of " Cradle Of Love " by Ronnie & Robyn ( HBR 489 )

Anyone with a sound clip ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

No but, it is rubbish!

Hi Tony ..... and thanks .

The " review " on / for the disc stated it was a ' swinging soul duet ' ..... without a sound clip , I might have sought it out .

Malc Burton

Social source share

I am interested in hearing some of those Jean King sides. Looks like this label was mostly pop?

They are good mid-tempo beat ballad sides

Hi Tony ..... and thanks .

The " review " on / for the disc stated it was a ' swinging soul duet ' ..... without a sound clip , I might have sought it out .

Malc Burton

Hi Malc,

Both sides are pop.

Social source share

Golly Zonk - scatman crothers - hbr

13031 refosoul

The voice of mild mannered janitor & No. 1 Super Guy private eye Hong Kong Fuey, apparently....

Edited by Rowly
Social source share

Golly Zonk - scatman crothers - hbr

13031 refosoul

The voice of mild mannered janitor & No. 1 Super Guy privite eye Hong Kong Fuey, apparently....

As well as being the voice of HKF , Scatman was also the voice of Penrod " Penry " Pooch in HKF, and the voice of Jazz in The Transformers .

One of his best film roles was as the chef of The Overlook Hotel - Halloran - in Stanley Kubrick's " The Shining "

Malc Burton

post-5097-1167585657.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

anyone know of a hbr lp listing had a quick look but nought ?

Mike - I have the Jean King LP and I'm pretty sure there is an Earl Gains LP - sure there must be others with a soul/rnb content.

Best

John

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Did, Josey and Pussycats.go out on this lable?

Kev.

No, the Josie and the Pussycats records were on Capitol - HBR had folded their record label by the time that the J & the P's cartoon was first screened. The LP is a hunderd dollars plus item - at least, it is everytime I don't win it on eBay!

TONE :)

Social source share

No, the Josie and the Pussycats records were on Capitol - HBR had folded their record label by the time that the J & the P's cartoon was first screened. The LP is a hunderd dollars plus item - at least, it is everytime I don't win it on eBay!

TONE :)

Thanks,Tone for the info.

Happy New Year.

Kev.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Dont say goodbye - jean king - hanna barbera

13010 refosoul

That is a good one! I will add this to my must haves! :lol:

Also I seem to remember him on some episodes of "CHICO AND THE MAN"...very talented actor!

Tone...someone told me that it is a rare album...gonna keep a look out for it. :)

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

That is a good one! I will add this to my must haves! :thumbsup:

I HAVE A JEAN KING ........SOMETHING HAPPENS TO ME ....FOR SALE £20

Also I seem to remember him on some episodes of "CHICO AND THE MAN"...very talented actor!

Tone...someone told me that it is a rare album...gonna keep a look out for it. :wicked:

Social source share

Billy Storm - 'Please Don't Mention Her Name' has to be worth a mention, still sounds good to me at least.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

BILLY STORM.........ITS THE BEST TRACK I KNOW ON THAT LABEL.............................Jean King i liked in the 80s but its just another good midtempo tune for me these days...................I wanna dance ALLNIGHT again!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrs norman maine

Its Worth Anything - earl gaines - hanna barbera 481

13479 refosoul

Was this ever played out anywhere? I've always thought of it as a 'tape' sound & don't recall hearing it out, but I may be wrong. unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Was this ever played out anywhere? I've always thought of it as a 'tape' sound & don't recall hearing it out, but I may be wrong.

Anyone ???? :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert