Edwin Johnson -Ain't that enough to make a man cry - Post

Can anybody tell me how to identify an original Edwin Johnson -Ain't that enough to make a man cry - Post records  I know its been booted along the way wondered if you have any info to determine the original from the boot  I have a feeling on the boot the label is a light blue rather than a royal blue on the original any other info would be appreciated ie matrix details etc.

Gaz Lees

Social source share

just dug out my copy which I’ve had for a good few years and it came from the states.

Run out info on the a side is scratched in . It reads P-1-A , 3-26-71 and NOLA SOUND.

Didn’t think that this had been booted.

Hope this helps

Ed

D66E8BBE-AA1A-4FF1-AEA8-D8CDE0F39719.jpeg

Edited by Edwin S Wales
Spelling
Social source share

I had at least 10 copies several years ago and remember that every label had silver inkspots on them (like Edwins image above), and not one played through without a little bit of audible feedback due to lower quality  pressing plant, and I can't recollect anyone talking about boots! Lee

Social source share

Just found my copy print definition is sharp & label colour looks darker than record above  & no white spots on the label 

Just to state same run out matrix marks as previous post 

P-1-A , 3-26-71 and NOLA SOUND.

Just played record sounds fine to my ears 

P1010296.JPG

P1010297.JPG

Edited by Kev John
Just played record & sounds fine to my ears
Social source share

Yes mine plays fine & no marks silver or otherwise on label.

Like Speedlimit wouldn't of thought it would appeal to the masses (unless Butch started playing it 😀)

Played it a few times early doors at Solid Hit to little if any real interest.

Just had a look & surprisingly doesn't appear to be on youtube. Have to dig it out & give it a spin later, I think it's great 🕺👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

45 minutes ago, SHSDave said:

Yes mine plays fine & no marks silver or otherwise on label.

Like Speedlimit wouldn't of thought it would appeal to the masses (unless Butch started playing it 😀)

Played it a few times early doors at Solid Hit to little if any real interest.

Just had a look & surprisingly doesn't appear to be on youtube. Have to dig it out & give it a spin later, I think it's great 🕺👍

Oh yes it is Dave & i must agree with you its a great tune  :wink: 

Here ya go 

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!