Nasty Goings On With Those Bootlegs

Pete S

I'm sure Kev would want his non-involvement made known

A STATEMENT FROM GOLDSOUL;

In a recent e-mail exchange between David Jones and Henry Storch at Unique Records, Germany, Jones alleges he bought a single titled 'Hip Teens'-Frank Popp from me personally.

Neither myself or our company Goldsoul has ever had involvement with either Jones or Amnesia Records.

I will be pursuing both Jones and Amnesia personally within the next few days.

Kev Roberts

1)

>> Message Received: Dec 04 2006, 01:53 PM

>> From: "henry storch"

>> To: davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net

>> Cc:

>> Subject: !!!!!

>>

>> you have offered this frank popp 7" to other dealers!!!

>>

>> this is also illegal!

>>

>> henry

2)

> Thank you for getting in touch.

>

> I have been assured that this record was properly licensed.

>

> If you would like to contact me, please phone 07847 358994

>

> Cheers

>

> David Jones

3)

Message Received: Dec 05 2006, 03:57 PM

To: davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net

Cc:

Subject: Re: !!!!!

no_it´s not licenced!!!!!

i own unique records and universal uk owns the rights for the uk!!!!!!!

you sell this copy on ebay which is not legal!!

and you can´t tell where you bought this records!!

but you offered these 7" allready to other dealers and they sent your

offer to universal and me!

Also Ace records contacted me today and the artist himself (Frank Popp)

was in touch with you via ebay!

"Hip Teens" sold in germany 65.000 times and was nr.3 in the german

radio charts!

you can imagine that universal/UK , Frank Popp and Unique Records are

will find out , who manufatured these copies and who sells them!

don´t be stupid, and tell us the real story!!!!

4)

Von: david jones <davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net>

Datum: 5. Dezember 2006 21:34:08 MEZ

An: henry storch <henry@unique-rec.com>

Betreff: Re: !!!!!

Antwort an: davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net

HI THERE

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE THESE RECORDS CAME FROM ITALY VIA A NORTHERN SOUL DISTRIBUTOR CALLED KEV ROBERTS.

I PURCHASED 200 COPIES OF WHAT I WAS TOLD WAS A LIMITED RE-ISSUE OF 500.

I HAVE DISPOSED OF THE COPIES I HAD AND WILL NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE, ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE NOW ALL BEEN SOLD.

IF I CAN BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE PLEEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME

REGARDS

DAVID

5)

To; David Jones t/as Amnesia Records, 11A, Bakers Way, Bryncethin, Bridgend, CF32 9RJ

Dear Sir,

We are in receipt of a serious allegation you have made about me personally. As I have never heard or had any dealings with you before you will be hearing from us very, very shortly. Kev Roberts, Managing Director, Goldsoul

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Hands up if you've not been sued by Kev Roberts. Thought so. Six people in the entire country. His legal bdget must be HUGE.

Memo to self, must be nicer to Kev, our litigation department could do with some extra work. I've never been sued by Kev, I suspect that those who have are the scurrillous types who accuse him of being involved in bootlegging, racketeering, gangsterism and running poorly organised soul nights. Which is very naughty, especially if it isn't true. innocent.gif

Social source share

Summin doesn't ring true here :wicked:

1. How did Kev find out about these 'emails'

2. How come your posting them up Pete unsure.gif

3. Why does Kev always throw about legal threats, mostely when he's been cornered i think and a way to put people off the scent of his own wrong doings...............

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Crowed_hands_up.jpg

Caption:

"Stop pushing at the back of the queue, we're full, only those with tickets can get in, hands up if any of you have an official wristband."

Social source share

Summin doesn't ring true here :wicked:

1. How did Kev find out about these 'emails'

2. How come your posting them up Pete unsure.gif

3. Why does Kev always throw about legal threats, mostely when he's been cornered i think and a way to put people off the scent of his own wrong doings...............

Why did I post it up? because it came to me as an announcement from Goldsoul and I thought you and other might be interested in it seeing as there is a 3 page debate going on elsewhere on the site about it. However, if you think I have an alterior motive you know what you can do.

If it's of no interest I'll just delete the post shall I?

look more like one of those, er, rallies you probably don't attend pete. can you put me back on ignore, please?

No

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Summin doesn't ring true here shades.gif

I think thats a terrible thing to say. What kind of person would do a thing like that? He's hardly Robert "Gordon Brown" Maxwell (doh!) or George "The Cat" Galloway is he?

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

no.gif This is exactly the sort of thing that should be posted up, thanks Pete. I think Baz is one of those silly conspiracy theorists, just tell him that you were asked to do it by someone with an American accent down the Freemasonic lodge. :wicked:

Social source share

Why did I post it up? because it came to me as an announcement from Goldsoul and I thought you and other might be interested in it seeing as there is a 3 page debate going on elsewhere on the site about it. However, if you think I have an alterior motive you know what you can do.

laugh.gif

Clam down Pete, i was just interested to know how you got hold of the emails and statement from roberts.

Please dont sue me :wicked:

Social source share

The postman is busy enough at this time of the year without having to drop anymore letters through your door Dan..The bootlegg world is a strange creature..Oh sorry i mean pressing/issue :wicked:whistling.gif ..Oh i aint sure what i mean..I am will speak to Frank and see what he knows...I bet you won't find this tune going for £300 on ebay anymore then! or does it not matter to some if the pressing plant is working overtime for xmas...Lets see what comes of this????

A bootlegger is not just for xmas,they are for life....

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

No

You get announcements from GoldSoul too? I didn't check my email to see this one!

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

A lot of people who sell records or dvd's whatever get the Gold Soul mail outs...

Oh ok...I just get what's new (CD's, shows...)

Social source share

Dear Sir,

We are in receipt of a serious allegation you have made about me personally. As I have never heard or had any dealings with you before you will be hearing from us very, very shortly. Kev Roberts, Managing Director, Goldsoul

=============

If Kev wants something known, why doesn't he post it on SS himself. If he's banned (don't think he is?) then I withdraw the question.

Winnie;-)

Social source share

=============

If Kev wants something known, why doesn't he post it on SS himself. If he's banned (don't think he is?) then I withdraw the question.

Winnie;-)

He didn't ask for it to be posted on Soul Source. I decided to do it because I thought people would find it interesting. It didn't say it was to be shown anywhere.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I found it interesting.

but I'm a bit thick. Is Henry or David under the threat of being sued?

Can you be sued forsaying what you believe to be true?

Can Kev sue me for asking these questions?

If I am sued and have absolutely no money, can he claim the milk in my fridge?

Social source share

He didn't ask for it to be posted on Soul Source. I decided to do it because I thought people would find it interesting. It didn't say it was to be shown anywhere.

============

You did say you thought Kev would want it to be known he wasn't involved, still maintain that if that was the case he should have posted it himself. Just my opinion, think him posting it, would have shown a lot of respect to SS, someone else posting it, well, to me it doesn't show that.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

============

You did say you thought Kev would want it to be known he wasn't involved, still maintain that if that was the case he should have posted it himself. Just my opinion, think him posting it, would have shown a lot of respect to SS, someone else posting it, well, to me it doesn't show that.

kev roberts show respect ??? he doesnt know the meaning of the word

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I found it interesting.

but I'm a bit thick. Is Henry or David under the threat of being sued?

Can you be sued forsaying what you believe to be true?

Can Kev sue me for asking these questions?

If I am sued and have absolutely no money, can he claim the milk in my fridge?

You can be sued for saying anything that tends to lower the esteem of another person in the eyes of others if it isn't true, even if you believe it to be true, unless it constitutes fair comment or you have some kind of position of privelege in making the allegation (for instance, a lawyer who is prosecuting someone who is found not guilty cannot be sued because he called the defendant a crook). I doubt whether Kev could sue you for asking these questions. If you are sued the money awarded becomes your debt and like all debts may be enforced against you up to and including bankrupting you. I think that the bailiffs would be more interested in the fridge than the milk. And an attachment against your earnings to take the money above what you need to live before you can spend it all on mangol wurzels, subscriptions to Tractor Collector Monthly, Chicken Fancier magazine and back issues of the Sheep Worriers' Gazette.

Social source share

============

Would have been a good way of showing that he does though don't you think? Businessmen are generally more successful if they're more about building bridges than being bloody minded IMO.

totally agree with you, but when has mister roberts ever built bridges ? he's just an arrogant man who's only interest is making money off the back of the scene

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

totally agree with you, but when has mister roberts ever built bridges ? he's just an arrogant man who's only interest is making money off the back of the scene

:thumbsup:

Social source share

============

I'm sure he cares a lot about what you think Win, as do I of course :thumbsup:

Social source share

And an attachment against your earnings to take the money

Hmm. A garnishment? :thumbsup:

See I know all this legal stuff.. :( I've seen Fletch! :thumbsup:

Lawyer:"We're going to have to call the paper Fletch, garnishee your wages". Fletch: "I can't have my wages garnisheed"! :)

Social source share

===================

I'm sure he or you don't care, whereas I hang on both your every words ...... :thumbsup:

Still not sure why you thought he'd want you to put it up.......... unless of course he really does care??

Win..for f*cks sake..I received an email this morning, I didn't see who else it was C.C.'d to. I thought ti was interesting. I posted it up. I have not spoken to Kev Roberts for over a year.

Social source share

I would imagine Mr. Storch [a light aircraft used by the Germans in W.W 2 by the way] has vays of making him talk.

"Achtung Dai". And there my subscription to "Commando" comic ran out so I never pursued my childhood passion for the German language and culture.

Could it be a wind-up.

ROD

Donner und blitzen! Hande hoch!!

Social source share

I think I'm close to Mikey's opinion on this one......confused.

Situation doesn't look good for Kev Roberts, so why would he issue these details?

It sort of defies logic.

Col.

Mikey its not your milk they are after, its the fridge magnets.

I recently sold an owl shaped 'Northern Noise" magnet for £200.

Social source share

I think I'm close to Mikey's opinion on this one......confused.

Situation doesn't look good for Kev Roberts, so why would he issue these details?

It sort of defies logic.

Col.

Mikey its not your milk they are after, its the fridge magnets.

I recently sold an owl shaped 'Northern Noise" magnet for £200.

slightly off topic, but I read the other day that they can be life threatening, particularly to those with pacemakers fitted.

Social source share

slightly off topic, but I read the other day that they can be life threatening, particularly to those with pacemakers fitted.

i THINK GANGSTERS ON THE SCENE WHO HAVE OBVIOUSLY NO REGARD TOWARD COPYWRIT AND ROYALTYS SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED........I MEAN.WHERE WOULD WE GET OUR DRUGS FROM OTHERWISE! :thumbsup: STOP MOANING AND START SNIFFING :thumbsup: ...........I WAS ZHAVING THE SAME CONVERSATION WITH EDDIE PARKER THE OTHER ------------DAY-----BRUV............HONEST...............I...WAS

Social source share

as an aside, how come people have been paying the amount of money they have for this 45 if it sold 65,000 legitimate copies in Germany alone!?!

NORTHERN SOUL FOLKLORE IN THE MAKING................. 65 K CDs ME THINK.......................THANKS TO THE STUDENT MOD QUAZI f*** UP THAT WAS BLOW UP! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE ARE THE MODS!

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Social source share

IF YOU PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR YOUR VINYL ............YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY BOUT NOTHING DUDE! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

OR DO YOU?????????????????????????????

How many original BLACK US artists have been deprived of their dues in history due to Gangster people like Simon Soussan.etc.ect.........the real boys got nothing......At least Frank POPP will get a Slice of the extra moneys if he can PROVE his case! BOOTLEGGERS FOREVER...................GOT A SALVARDORS BOOTLEG FOR SALE....................ANYONE INTRESTED?

PART OF OUR HISTORY!

Social source share

I'll bet this will be sorted out between themselves and there will be no annoucements about who's in the right (or wrong). If what Mr Jones says is true, I hope he's kept his receipt for the 500 records that he purchased. Although I somehow doubt it. :thumbsup:

ITS IN DEMAND - ITS A GREAT TUNE - ITS PART OF OUR MODERN NORTHERN SOUL FOLKLORE - I HOPE FUTURE SOUL FANS WILL BE SCRUTINIZING ISSUES OF THIS LIKE THE LADS IN THE 70S WERE EXAMINING COPYS OF MAJOR LANCE OR SANDI SHELDON...........ITS ALREADY A LEGEND!

BUT ITS NOT AS GOD AS DEON JACKSONS - SOMEDAY THE SUN WILL SHINE IS IT?

Social source share

A STATEMENT FROM GOLDSOUL;

In a recent e-mail exchange between David Jones and Henry Storch at Unique Records, Germany, Jones alleges he bought a single titled 'Hip Teens'-Frank Popp from me personally.

Neither myself or our company Goldsoul has ever had involvement with either Jones or Amnesia Records.

Don't you find it uncanny he can't remember Amnesia records now there's a get out clause if ever i heard one !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert