Most active in this topic

Thanks Jaco, just need to make my mind up which one to keep...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Around the £50 mark for an issue.

Nice tune :lol:

Simon

Social source share

Solid £75 - both sides are fantasti.

I can't actually remember ever having a "black" copy though. Has anyone got one?

Interesting, my mate Mya has one for sale for £50, better tell her to add on £25, she'll be well chuffed!

I was thinking about buying it off her, tis a nice tune but a tad slow for me, can't really see it setting the dancefloor alight.

Simon

Social source share

Anyone know what link the record has with Groovesville ?, If i remember it says Groovesville music on the label.....

Think it was recorded at Solid Hitbound, used all the musicians and was composed by the staff writers

Interesting, my mate Mya has one for sale for £50, better tell her to add on £25, she'll be well chuffed!

I was thinking about buying it off her, tis a nice tune but a tad slow for me, can't really see it setting the dancefloor alight.

Simon

£50 is the right price

Social source share

Think it was recorded at Solid Hitbound, used all the musicians and was composed by the staff writers

£50 is the right price

Shit! Just sold Ian Clark a mint copy for £75.... you'd think between us we'd know better..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

John,it's written and produced by George McGregor who co-wrote "Hit and Run" which was "Groovesville Music" and under the supervision[ I think George was under an ASBO at the time] of Taylor and Davis who I think were the 70/80's's snooker stars Dennis and Steve, who's "Our balls are in the pocket" is the better if slightly more risque version.

Lebaron Taylor and Don Davis may have been involved but I think that view is only endorsed by sad anoraks with low sperm counts who want to impress members of the opposite sex.

I really just wanted to sound more knowledgable than Pete.

ROD

Social source share

John,it's written and produced by George McGregor who co-wrote "Hit and Run" which was "Groovesville Music" and under the supervision[ I think George was under an ASBO at the time] of Taylor and Davis who I think were the 70/80's's snooker stars Dennis and Steve, who's "Our balls are in the pocket" is the better if slightly more risque version.

Lebaron Taylor and Don Davis may have been involved but I think that view is only endorsed by sad anoraks with low sperm counts who want to impress members of the opposite sex.

ROD

you could have said nothing and sounded more knowledgable than Pete.

Rod,

2 things:

1st. I asked if anyone had seen a Black label Terri Bryant, have you? I can't remember having a copy..?

2nd. just found a copy in the states of that wonderful 45 Bobby Sanders on Pick A Hit..thanks for turning me on to it!

Social source share

I have a stock/issue and a demo of Terri Bryant - Geni - is there much in the current asking price for this fantastic record, i have an idea of price but would be interested in any comments or feedback.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

hi mark., GENI is an ATTIC SPIN at the moment,but you already know that.

Picked up my copy not too long ago for £2,but sorry can't tell you where from shades.gif ,,see you soon ,,Kev

Social source share

ROD

Thanks for that Rod, I'd prefer to beleive that Dennis and Steve were involved.......wouldn't that be great :shhh:

Social source share

No John I've never seen a black "Geni" but then I blame ex-Coronation St. actors monopolising the pantomime circuit.

That's great news about Bobby Sanders and I look forward to it being worth thousands. Im really pleased for you.

WHAT A FACKIN' LIBERTY!!

Actually I find Pete very refreshing, down to earth and a [hard to read Pete's writing here] reliable commentator on what's going on. I would trust him with my wife. I can have her down there ,Pete in a couple of hours. No rush to bring her back.

ROD

Social source share

Wasn't there another version of (Genie) this found amongst the Solid Hitbound stuff Martin Koppell sifted in the 90s? Can't remember the details now...Altzheimers playing up again, but seem to have some recollection it?

Regards ,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

There was Dave, by Pat Lewis. And they put the backing track out too (it's brilliant as an inst)

Social source share

REMEMBER BUYIN 2 BLUE COPYS OF THIS FROM PETE WIDISON(GROOVE) FOR £4 EACH LATE 80S & THINGS LIKE A C REED/ MY BABYS BEEN CHEATIN @ THE SAME PRICE.HE COULDNT GET RID OF THEM,THEN.WASNT AS MANY PEOPLE BUYING THEN.HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED :thumbsup:

Edited by sepia
Social source share

well if its a black copy pm me and will buy

Sorry, it was deffo Blue, i didn't even realise a black copy existed that's why i piped up that the issue was blue originally.

Simon

Social source share

I have a stock/issue and a demo of Terri Bryant - Geni - is there much in the current asking price for this fantastic record, i have an idea of price but would be interested in any comments or feedback.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cheers for all the feedback and comments on this one, will put one or the other up in 'Sales Section' with some other stuff in the next few days at a reasonable price....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert