Ain't No Soul

Guest tonytone

Guest tonytone

:thumbsup: I'm looking for the artist who recorded AIN'T NO SOUL, he had a high voice like Little Antony, someone said RAY PAGE?

can anyone help? vinyl or cd album I might find it on, or can anyone send me it?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:D I'm looking for the artist who recorded AIN'T NO SOUL, he had a high voice like Little Antony, someone said RAY PAGE?

can anyone help? vinyl or cd album I might find it on, or can anyone send me it?

BJThomas,or the Major...........take your pikc :thumbsup: not expencive either.Oh and ray page.

Edited by ken
Social source share

:D I'm looking for the artist who recorded AIN'T NO SOUL, he had a high voice like Little Antony, someone said RAY PAGE?

Probs is Ray, tho it aint "Page" it's "Paige" there's a sound file up in Sounds section if ya wanna check it out. :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Ray Paige's version from the vaults of R.C.A. Victor, and not available on 'Northern Soul Floorshakers' c.d. (R.C.A. stuff)!! Best version in my opinion . . . but hey, that's only my opinion. :secret:

Martin

Aint No Soul Left In These Old Shoes - Ray Paige -

7010 refosoul

Social source share

:thumbsup: I'm looking for the artist who recorded AIN'T NO SOUL, he had a high voice like Little Antony, someone said RAY PAGE?

Ray Paige's version from the vaults of R.C.A. Victor, and not available on 'Northern Soul Floorshakers' c.d. (R.C.A. stuff)!! Best version in my opinion . . . but hey, that's only my opinion. :secret:

Martin

Aint No Soul Left In These Old Shoes - Ray Paige -

7010 refosoul

Hi

Many Artists have sung this, I think the one you are after is the Ray Paige Version

These are the Versions on 45 that I have, there are others.

It all comes down to personal taste.

Scepter_SCE_12161_A_DJ.jpgRCA_Victor_47-9047b_DJ.jpg

Okeh_4-7266a_DJ.jpgOkeh_4-7266a.jpg

Columbia_4-43861b_DJ.jpgCompass_CO-7002a_DJ.jpg

I Hope that this helps

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Hi

Many Artists have sung this, I think the one you are after is the Ray Paige Version

These are the Versions on 45 that I have, there are others.

It all comes down to personal taste.

Scepter_SCE_12161_A_DJ.jpgRCA_Victor_47-9047b_DJ.jpg

Okeh_4-7266a_DJ.jpgOkeh_4-7266a.jpg

Columbia_4-43861b_DJ.jpgCompass_CO-7002a_DJ.jpg

I Hope that this helps

Does this mean you have the same taste as me??

Martin

P.s. I've just muted my volume somehow . . . so It said!!

Social source share

Does this mean you have the same taste as me??

Martin

P.s. I've just muted my volume somehow . . . so It said!!

Hi Martin

I love the Ray Paige version,

However when I used to play them years ago, It was more Major Lance vs Ronnie Milsap

as these were the only versions we knew.

I tended to prefer the Major Lance in those days and tried, without success to obtain a copy on UK Columbia.

As you can see I turned my attention to Imports.

I must say though, any version when I used to DJ in the 70's would fill the floor.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Hi Martin

I love the Ray Paige version,

However when I used to play them years ago, It was more Major Lance vs Ronnie Milsap

as these were the only versions we knew.

I tended to prefer the Major Lance in those days and tried, without success to obtain a copy on UK Columbia.

As you can see I turned my attention to Imports.

I must say though, any version when I used to DJ in the 70's would fill the floor.

A great version by Major Lance (who did the first version?), but Ray Paige . . . nar the best in my eyes!! And who the heck was Ray Paige?? Any info on him???

Martin

Social source share

A great version by Major Lance (who did the first version?), but Ray Paige . . . nar the best in my eyes!! And who the heck was Ray Paige?? Any info on him???

Martin

Hi Martin

I'm not sure who Ray Paige was, however;

There is an Article on the way which may have some Information on Ray Paige;

Look out for the article on "The Wiz" - Jimmy Wisner in "There's That Beat!" - Issue #3

Either way It will make Interesting reading.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Martin

I'm not sure who Ray Paige was, however;

There is an Article on the way which may have some Information on Ray Paige;

Look out for the article on "The Wiz" - Jimmy Wisner in "There's That Beat!" - Issue #3

Either way It will make Interesting reading.

Also...people may wanna flip Ray Paige's version of ANSLITOS for a wonderful beat ballad of the highest order. Top notch, perfect example of the slower style of "Northern Soul" that more and more folks are appreciating nowadays. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

:unsure: I'm looking for the artist who recorded AIN'T NO SOUL, he had a high voice like Little Antony, someone said RAY PAGE?

Hi Tony, think it is Ray Paige your on about, ive gotta demo copy in me box, dont want to sell it , but i will give it a spin at the next Diamonds Do, for ya on the 29th Dec. if your there mate...if it is the one you want i can always burn it to a cd for you....Jem ..ps. my favourite version as well!

Edited by jemco
Social source share

Guest tonytone

:PYES, thats the one, someone sent it to me on an mp3 file, Rick I think his name was? thanks to him, and if he goes to our clubs in the northants? make you're self known to me and say hi,

yes Jemco I might see you on the 29th! :lol: should be a good one.

Hi Tony, think it is Ray Paige your on about, ive gotta demo copy in me box, dont want to sell it , but i will give it a spin at the next Diamonds Do, for ya on the 29th Dec. if your there mate...if it is the one you want i can always burn it to a cd for you....Jem ..ps. my favourite version as well!
Social source share

Guest trickbag

biggrin.gifYES, thats the one, someone sent it to me on an mp3 file, Rick I think his name was? thanks to him, and if he goes to our clubs in the northants? make you're self known to me and say hi,

well i would tony,but being a belfast boy i

dont often get across the irish sea,but a lovely

thought anyway, thanks.

ricky.

sock it to em shorty.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!