• Replies 35
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've got this on Action (Promo)

Which just prompts me to mention that strangely enough, this was the 'B' side in the USA whereas on the UK release - it was the 'A' side.

UK demos are same both sides but the US demo has both sides of the record.

...That's just in case anyone's interested... :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

Is this the same track as on the bunky lp 'get on up and get away? Just saw 1972 on the hotline label.

Nick, same song i think written by Gilbert Moorer, Arranged by Tom Tom, Gilbert Moorer was Betty Moorer's brother of 'Speed Up' fame.Fantastic album one i've kept.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I've got this on Action (Promo)

Which just prompts me to mention that strangely enough, this was the 'B' side in the USA whereas on the UK release - it was the 'A' side.

UK demos are same both sides but the US demo has both sides of the record.

...That's just in case anyone's interested... :thumbsup::yes:

Hi

I too have the UK Action Grey / Blue Double Sided DEMO didn't realise It was a B Side in the States.

Action_ACT_4618a_DJ.jpg

I've got this Album too - post-1475-1165018651_thumb.jpg - Brilliant.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Sorry... have I got it slightly wrong?

US demos are double sided of the A side (Henry Ralph) and not having the B side?

Not having a US copy I was only going from memory :D:shhh:

I thought I'd seen a demo with both sides on it - ah well...

I stand corrected then :unsure:

Cheers Joe :lol:

Wot? A memory problem John? :thumbsup:

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Another Saturday in at home and i took the chance tonight to refresh myself with The Esquires Bunky album and i'm glad i did, i reckon this is very shortly gonna be on a few wants lists, quality LP from start to finish, awesome group and a few of the tracks are so right for now on the scene or on Solar Radio at least......fantastic.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Another Saturday in at home and i took the chance tonight to refresh myself with The Esquires Bunky album and i'm glad i did, i reckon this is very shortly gonna be on a few wants lists, quality LP from start to finish, awesome group and a few of the tracks are so right for now on the scene or on Solar Radio at least......fantastic.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

I mainly collect 45's, but this is one of those albums that I had to buy.

Definitely keeping It in the collection - It's Brilliant

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

in my all time Top ten.......... :thumbsup: ....is the "when i'm ready " the same recording as Mill Evans on Tou -sea.....(presumably leased down South from Chicago...)......

Hi

I've just had a look on Manship's.

£300 for Mill Evans When I'm Ready - Tou -sea DEMO

£20 for Get on Up & Get Away Album - (Bargain)

Social source share

Another track from the LP which I always rated - "How could it be"

Released on a 45 on Bunky 7756 - another great cheapie from them :lol:

Must get a copy of the LP sometime - I always though all the good tracks were on 45s - obviously I was wrong on that also :lol::yes:

What's "When I'm ready" like then?...

Social source share

Released on a 45 on Bunky 7756 - another great cheapie from them :lol:

Must get a copy of the LP sometime - I always though all the good tracks were on 45s - obviously I was wrong on that also :lol::yes:

What's "When I'm ready" like then?...

Hi John,

As you know, the LP was always knocking around and 'two a penny'.

I've had 2 or 3 over the years. All good tracks.

Agree on "How Could it Be" as well mate.

Top little choon.

Sean

Social source share

Just thought it would be nice to add the Bunky LP track listing.

Get On Up And Get Away - The Esquires - Bunky BS 300.

Side A.

AND GET AWAY

LISTEN TO ME

HOW WAS I TO KNOW

GROOVIN

EVERYBODY'S LAUGHING

HOW COULD IT BE

Side B.

GET ON UP

MY SWEET BABY

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

WOMAN

WHEN I'M READY

THINGS WILL BE THE SAME

Also well worth checking out if it's still available is the 1998 Westside CD - Get On Up...And Get Away With The Esquires - Classic Chicago Soul 1966 - 1969 - WESA 803, Compiled by Soul Source regular Mr Tony Rounce, which includes the above tracks from the Bunky album and 11 others which are -

YOU GOT THE POWER

YOU SAY

I KNOW I CAN

I DON'T KNOW

PART ANGEL

STATE FAIR

THE FEELING'S GONE

WHY CAN'T I STOP

(THAT) AIN'T NO REASON

REACH OUT

AIN'T GONNA GIVE IT UP (BABA-DABA-DOP)

A fantastic MUST HAVE cd, superb sound quality, great sleeve notes from Tony, awesome stuff from an awesome group.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Just thought it would be nice to add the Bunky LP track listing.

Get On Up And Get Away - The Esquires - Bunky BS 300.

Side A.

AND GET AWAY

LISTEN TO ME

HOW WAS I TO KNOW

GROOVIN

EVERYBODY'S LAUGHING

HOW COULD IT BE

Side B.

GET ON UP

MY SWEET BABY

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

WOMAN

WHEN I'M READY

THINGS WILL BE THE SAME

Also well worth checking out if it's still available is the 1998 Westside CD - Get On Up...And Get Away With The Esquires - Classic Chicago Soul 1966 - 1969 - WESA 803, Compiled by Soul Source regular Mr Tony Rounce, which includes the above tracks from the Bunky album and 11 others which are -

YOU GOT THE POWER

YOU SAY

I KNOW I CAN

I DON'T KNOW

PART ANGEL

STATE FAIR

THE FEELING'S GONE

WHY CAN'T I STOP

(THAT) AIN'T NO REASON

REACH OUT

AIN'T GONNA GIVE IT UP (BABA-DABA-DOP)

A fantastic MUST HAVE cd, superb sound quality, great sleeve notes from Tony, awesome stuff from an awesome group.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of the CD

Social source share

Released on a 45 on Bunky 7756 - another great cheapie from them :D

Must get a copy of the LP sometime - I always though all the good tracks were on 45s - obviously I was wrong on that also :P:D

Hi All

Sorry bit late on this one!

I had 'My sweet baby' on Hotline AND 'How could it be' on Bunky on my site (www.soulmusic.co.uk)

Both sold now :(

I do however have some copies of the BRILL LP in at the moment (not on the site!!!)

Two, possibly three copies i think (will have to check)

£25 incl postage if anyone wants one :lol:

PM me if you're interested

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi All

Sorry bit late on this one!

I had 'My sweet baby' on Hotline AND 'How could it be' on Bunky on my site (www.soulmusic.co.uk)

Both sold now :P

I do however have some copies of the BRILL LP in at the moment (not on the site!!!)

Two, possibly three copies i think (will have to check)

£25 incl postage if anyone wants one :lol:

PM me if you're interested

Cheers

Steve

Bet you won't have them for long now Steve......lol classy album mate, this thread has inspired me to play a few Esquires tracks on the show www.solarradio.com so listen out on Sunday December 17th i might just play the tasty ones....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...How great a record is "You Say", by the way? You'd hear it all the time and everywhere if it was worth £850.00, rather than the eightpence ha'penny or thereabouts that it's always gone for. Top B-side too (in spite of an unpromising title), "State Fair"...

Always been near the top of my "acts I wish I'd seen" list, The Esquires. And thanks, Mark B, for the nice 'big-up' - it's always nice to know that my efforts are enjoyed by the kind of people who I hope will like 'em...

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Bet you won't have them for long now Steve......lol classy album mate, this thread has inspired me to play a few Esquires tracks on the show www.solarradio.com so listen out on Sunday December 17th i might just play the tasty ones....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

TRY GEMM OR MUSICSTACK, THERE'S A FEW COPIES OF THE LP ON THERE FOR A LOT LESS THAN £25 .THANKS TO YOU GUYS AND ME BEING OFF WORK I GOT ONE THIS MORNING FOR £8 :P

NEV :lol:

Social source share

TRY GEMM OR MUSICSTACK, THERE'S A FEW COPIES OF THE LP ON THERE FOR A LOT LESS THAN £25 .THANKS TO YOU GUYS AND ME BEING OFF WORK I GOT ONE THIS MORNING FOR £8 :P

Got a spare for £10 inc postage (UK add £2 for international). Grades as VG+(seams taped)/M- name stamp on cover and label. PM me if you want it.

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Fantastic Nev, what it's all about mate, sharing information and all that, you picked up a quality LP mate no question.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

this is a wierd CD.......theres only two Esquires tracks on it....(unless the live ones are)....you get two live tracks.....two jazz instumentals.....you also get both sides of the Glen Watts Bunky 45 (super)..and both sides of the Skip and Ernest Bunky 45.(great version of B.butlers "Sweet darling"..)..and the Sheppards "island of love" (Apex/Bunky).....Bunky Sheppard twiddling his thumbs in LA in the 90ts i guess..

Social source share

...How great a record is "You Say", by the way? You'd hear it all the time and everywhere if it was worth £850.00, rather than the eightpence ha'penny or thereabouts that it's always gone for. Top B-side too (in spite of an unpromising title), "State Fair"...

Always been near the top of my "acts I wish I'd seen" list, The Esquires. And thanks, Mark B, for the nice 'big-up' - it's always nice to know that my efforts are enjoyed by the kind of people who I hope will like 'em...

TONE :lol:

Agree with you tony 'you say' is just a class tune,saw 2 mint copys in notting hill gate last week for a fiver each!!! :lol:
Social source share

Source Advert