Dickie Wonder

Nick Hackett

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS. 2 different mixes one with girls backing(cameo parkway sound of soul) and the other mix without.Anybody know what was the first mix/release,sound of soul/golden triangle& dates,info & prices?

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..SOUND OF SOUL 50024 (Cameo Parkway).

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..SOUND OF SOUL 217671

DICKIE (sweet sugar) WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..GOLDEN TRIANGLE 101

also came out on FREE ANGELA DAVIS LP on GOLDEN TRIANGLE.

cheers nick :wicked:

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS. 2 different mixes one with girls backing(cameo parkway sound of soul) and the other mix without.Anybody know what was the first mix/release,sound of soul/golden triangle& dates,info & prices?

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..SOUND OF SOUL 50024 (Cameo Parkway).

DICKIE WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..SOUND OF SOUL 217671

DICKIE (sweet sugar) WONDER..NOBODY KNOWS..GOLDEN TRIANGLE 101

also came out on FREE ANGELA DAVIS LP on GOLDEN TRIANGLE.

cheers nick :wicked:

All I've got for Dickie Wonder;-

Sound of Soul 5002 1966

Sound of Soul 101 August 1965

Alas no dates for Golden Triangle or Sound of Soul 217671 / 2

Martin

Social source share

Ive always prefered the mix without the girls,ive got the cameo parkway sound of soul with the girls and the free angela lp without the girls,was talking to kit (scottish) at middleton,hes just bought a golden triangle issue and saw the same issue on pete frenchs site, described as just as hard as sound of soul label,just got me thinking which was first label etc. Thanks for the help everybody.Any more info on 'sweet sugar dickie wonder' be great :wicked: nick

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Yes, I believe so, not done in the '70's for the NS market as far as I'm aware, but don't know the exact details.

Hippo.

* Golden Triangle is a bit later I think. Have it in box at home can have a look later if any date on it if someone else don´t get before me. think also SOS are styrene whilst GT is vinyl . not sure though :wicked: its been up for debate before I think. My memory is of goldfish standard sadly

Social source share

Yes, I believe so, not done in the '70's for the NS market as far as I'm aware, but don't know the exact details.

Hippo.

* Golden Triangle is a bit later I think. Have it in box at home can have a look later if any date on it if someone else don´t get before me. think also SOS are styrene whilst GT is vinyl . not sure though :wicked: its been up for debate before I think. My memory is of goldfish standard sadly

Goldern Triangle deffinately Vinyl, Like nick have always prefered the one with out girl backing had chance to buy both, so got it with out girl backing, gives it more balls IMO :shades:

Social source share

Have to say that for 1965, it sounds well ahead of its time!

* anyone has an mp3 or soundfile on the one with backing girls pls ?? didn´t realise it was such a gap b-ween SoS and GT release . are there any other golden triangles (recordrelated ones I mean :thumbsup: ) out there or just this and the lp ??

Social source share

All I've got for Dickie Wonder;-

Sound of Soul 5002 1966

Sound of Soul 101 August 1965

I'm confused? Is Sound of Soul 101 not a different Dickie Wonder 45 - No stronger Love?

So out of the two Sound of Soul Nobody Knows 45's, 5002 and 217671, which was the first release? 5002 in 1966? :thumbsup: Anyone know?

Social source share

I thought the same sound of soul 101..no stronger love. I was told the sound of soul 217671 was the local release then the girls were added for the cameo parkway distributed sound of soul 50024,if this were the case and the cameo dist were intended for a wider/larger distribution why have i only seen demos? Help,girls,no girls,demos,different numbers then a different label getting abit confusing! NOBODY KNOWS :thumbsup:

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert