Chalky

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

Another Star if someone can oblige :thumbsup: Is there an instrumental to this as well? If so that as well please :lol:

have you been sneaking into the modern rooms to catch terry jones' sets chalky? :D

i'm glad you asked this though cos i'd like to know how many different versions there are

- is the LP version the same as the 7", and what 12" remixes are there?

Social source share

have you been sneaking into the modern rooms to catch terry jones' sets chalky? :thumbsup:

i'm glad you asked this though cos i'd like to know how many different versions there are

- is the LP version the same as the 7", and what 12" remixes are there?

Actually known about this for some time. I heard Pete Haigh play an instrumental at Blackpool last year but didn't know what it was. Anyway I was listening to radio two this morning and Ken Bruce played Another Star and I'm sure the backing sounded like the instrumental that Pete Haigh played.

So anyone got an MP3...of all the versions :D

Social source share

Actually known about this for some time. I heard Pete Haigh play an instrumental at Blackpool last year but didn't know what it was. Anyway I was listening to radio two this morning and Ken Bruce played Another Star and I'm sure the backing sounded like the instrumental that Pete Haigh played.

So anyone got an MP3...of all the versions :thumbsup:

Version Pete plays is by Laso on MCA

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

call youself soul fans yet do not own a copy of 'songs in the key of life'????? :wicked::shades::yes:

:D

:lol: good point!

anyway.......i still wanna know about 12" mixes please (stevie that is)

Social source share

:thumbsup: good point!

anyway.......i still wanna know about 12" mixes please (stevie that is)

there was no 12" released at the time, there has been a boot/reissue of it since. not aware of an instrumental version but as it's over 8 mins long on the lp it wouldn't be hard to play an instrumental section from half way through, or re-edit it as an instrumental. but if you;re going to chase an official instrumental 12", i don't think it exists.

cheers Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert