Tuesday - Soulful House

Cunnie

Why Can't We Live Together - hunter hayes - produce

Alternate Blaze mix on UK Produce promo - cheers Ivor......

THANKS Girth........great voice, what happened to him ??
Social source share

• Replies 118
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Galaxy Remix - war - white label

Nice Funky re-mix of a classic.

Hi Martin.

Do you still have the Gun, Paracetemol, Valium , Polonium 246, Wednesday Supporters Club membership, Brandy and Car exhaust to drivers window kit handy ? shades.gif

(Only kidding, some nice stuff there, (seriously ) and I can't do myself in because Errol still has 3665 payments on that Lynn Varnado boot I sold him 2 years ago ) wicked.gif
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Introduce Me To Love - absolute - ?

Feel First Records. shades.gif Great track. wicked.gif Got my copy of this on the 'Garage City' various artist c.d. Well worth getting. Artists include:- Sounds Of Blackness "The presssure", Absolute "Introduce me to love", Ultra Nate "Rejoicing", Jody Watley "I'm the one you need" World Series Of Life "Spread love".

Martin
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

I normally can't get my head round this Soulful House but I really liked this ... the Alexander O'neal was pretty good too.

I must be ill ... need beer.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks :wicked: Mass order sound just as good, beer or no beer! :shades:

Martin

Social source share

Interesting selections and proof that Disco hasn't died, it's just become even more formula bound. And the 'Soulful Garage' genre hasn't moved on for over fifteen years. As someone said at The Rocket about five years ago 'When a record is more 'House' than Soul' I'm not interested'.

The problem with a lot of this stuff is my mind that the 'good' stuff is only good in context..i.e. if nine records in a row are poor and the tenth one is better that poor, then the tenth one is immeadiately labelled 'classic'. It's what has happened on the Northern scene too.

But I believe the cream will always rise to the top eventually but when the emphesis is on beats and whether you can mix it easily rather than Soul I aint that interested.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

A Deeper Love - aretha franklin - arista

The Queen of Soul on he version a true classic from 12 years ago. The Morales radio mix of the tune. No messing around, just a song and performance that stands the test of time and happens to fall into the right catagory! Thanks to Jo Wallace from reminding me how great this was!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Free / Sail on (out club mix) - chante moore - m.c.a. silas records mcstd 2042

Free House style version of the old Deniece Williams classic. Did I mention a beer outlet?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert