• Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

IT'S BAD - ike noble - alley

11960 refosoul

Not heard this before. (She says, like she's heard all the others :thumbsup: )

Very nice, in a quiet, unassuming way. Reminds me of Bobby Bland.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

GUESS I'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND - fletcher walker iii - paramount

11977 refosoul

AKA RONNIE WALKER JUST LOVE THIS TUNE OLD CANAL TAVERN EARLY DOORS SOUND.

....and this is lovely too.

One of the many regrets in my life is that I never made it up to the Tavern.....

Social source share

Guest biggray1

IT' S ALL OVER (AND OUR LOVE IS A FADED DREAM) - johnny moore - jadan

11975 refosoul

Big hero of mine,RIP JOHNNY

What a great song...i must admit i have shed many a tear listening to Johnny..what a sad loss and a vastley underated singer songwriter and producer etc....anyone who hasnt earholed is Cd must..a fantastic piece of soul. :lol:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

SO LONG - james brown - polydor lp

11979 refosoul

TIME TO GO AND LISTEN TO SOME OTHER STUFF, ENJOY THIS TUNE, THANKS TO MARK HOUGHTON FOR THIS ONE

James makes some awesome soul cutts,ie People wake up and live etc but must admit to not knowing this :lol: whats the Lp please Drew.

Social source share

James makes some awesome soul cutts,ie People wake up and live etc but must admit to not knowing this :lol: whats the Lp please Drew.

The album is HOT shouln't be to hard to find but what do i know? as for the al christian tune late 60's early 70's i guess, Rod dearlove did a excellent article on chant in one of voices so the answer would be in there somewhere, hope this is of some help and glad you enjoyed the records.

Andy :lol:

Social source share

drew, the master of beautiful soul, you are a legend mate, your tunes are superb

cheers

jason

Cheers Jason ( the chqs in the post ) but really just have a good ear and lucky enough to have some good infulences, and been lucky enough to know some great collectors and djs etc who just love the music, and are willing to share it, and that,s what i enjoy most, sharing wonderful music made by talented artists, cause without them there is nothing.

Right sermon over enjoy :lol:

Andy

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

you tell him Rach...

how do you change wmv doodahs to mp3s.

yes those are groups, read the post wrong doh.....

but just tried to upload some toons and it would'nt let me, told me i had to rename my EXTENSION.....

how very dare you...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Brilliant - always loved this - Try flipping over your Oscar Perry "Peritone" tunes - some quality hiding there also.

Agree! just love flip to his "I Got What You Need" the sublime "Come On Home To Me"... in fact might ratch it out, record it and send it up, if it aint already there! think it's on the flip ov another of his 45's I got too!

steve

Social source share

Elvis Presley must have been Roy's love child :yes:

He was a big influence on him apparently :P

you tell him Rach...

how do you change wmv doodahs to mp3s.

yes those are groups, read the post wrong doh.....

but just tried to upload some toons and it would'nt let me, told me i had to rename my EXTENSION.....

how very dare you...... :thumbsup:

You can upload files other than mp3s but you have to rename the file with ".mp3" at the end.. that should work.

Some brilliant stuff on here :lol:

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

ok excuse my ignorance here, but

clicked new clip, browsed to the right soundclip from my desktop, then replaced the end with .mp3 filled in the artist info and clicked upload....

which worked fine....but where does it upload to :thumbsup:

Social source share

ok excuse my ignorance here, but

clicked new clip, browsed to the right soundclip from my desktop, then replaced the end with .mp3 filled in the artist info and clicked upload....

which worked fine....but where does it upload to :thumbsup:

Umm... should upload onto the thread... you maybe need to rename the file on your desktop before you upload?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest biggray1

Love Invented Misery - mel britt - fip

12007 refosoul

Flip to "Shell Come Running Back".... worth a listen?...Steve

This recording in my humble opinion is the best song in the world. :thumbsup::shades: class soul @ its best..... i must admit to having listened to Mr Britts 45 100s of times and i never tire of it. :):wub::wub::thumbsup:

Social source share

you dont know what you got untill you lose it - kenny gamble -

11984 refosoul

Boy o boy - don't you just love soul music! thumbsup.gif

What a superb thread - WHAT TUNES !!!!!!!

Only trouble is - now i find my life is incomplete without a copy of the above, Kenny Gamble at his very, very best! Superb choice Mik

So if any of you kind people have had any recent sitings of this little beauty would you please let me know.

Most kind :rolleyes:

Martin.

ps keep up the good work.

Social source share

Just realised there wasn't a single Chuck Jackson song mentioned ! (although i may of missed it)

If i could just give a quick but somewhat belated name-check to a couple of absolute gut-wrenching stormers from Chuck namely....................

What's with this loneliness

Look over your shoulder

and just remembered..................

I'm your man

Just how good was this fella - BLOODY AWESOME - i reckon yes.gif

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!