D L Richardson

Ezzie Brown

have a donald lee richardson / the palm of your hand / soulville on red blue and white paper label, its the b side to ive learned my lesson, its got" produced by soulsounds for soulville productions in small type on right hand red segment of label, label is matt paper,with adress on bottom of label, ENOUGH DETAIL I THINK!!! some says this is a boot, i have only seen white label boots, and had had this 30 years, but would like to know if its pucker or not,cause i looked a prick when i tried to sell it as a good one, however ive been shafted before by people saying" thats a boot ill give you a tenner before! and want to know . YOURS VEIWS OR INFO PLEASE >THANKS EZZIE

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Ez didn´t that copy come off me?if so it must be a proper one got rid of the issue as i got a demo from Froggy Taylor ,always thought Jake(brother) had a white demo.

Steve

Can't ever recall seeing a white demo Steve! The multi-colored ones are legal, Soulville and Jay-Walking were related companies, which is why JW appears in the dead wax.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ez didn´t that copy come off me?if so it must be a proper one got rid of the issue as i got a demo from Froggy Taylor ,always thought Jake(brother) had a white demo.

Steve

Now air your views about towns with Soul mate,must be hundreds from Gloucestershire on SS now!!

hi steve just found this after all this time, always thought it was real,[the record!] i will put you on my favourites thing now so we can lie to each other a bit more often!!say hello to your good lady for me old mate. as for soul towns i keep telling all the northerners how many great collectors there are around here, they dont realise as they all know one or two people from gloucs but not all of us!!lowton on friday, selling some lps to a lad from carlisle!! ye ha, $$$$$$ for 45s cu EZZIE

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Boots dont have the JW006 in the run out grooves. They have S-3661 lightly scratched in and are white demo's with the same flip.

Hiya folks-reviving this thread again from a few years back. Have checked as much as I can--- Manships Guide etc and tried to check on Soulville matrix numbers but to no availangry.gif

Its says dj copy not for sale,white label ,same flip, and 101-A on one side and 101-B on t'other. it has in brackets (S-3661) written underneath.

I am aware of different variations of label design for differing reasons etc --but was this one example or is it 100% a boot. ph34r.gif

Any help greatly appreciated as always

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert