News: Is This Spam

FrankM

• Replies 11
  • Views 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My thoughts exactly Mr Munk. I was just going to ask him if he was some kind of BBC news spambot.

Godz

its a test of autopost rss news feeds

picks up new headlines form soul related websites as they are pulished and posts them in that forum

the "breakfast news feed" in this forum picks up 7 or so uk news items from bbc and posts them daily

I meant to post something about it after setting up but didnt :unsure:

it is a test/trial - and looking at it

thinking is

soul feeds - a way of passing on news headlines from some of the worthwhile soul sites/blogs that have rss feeds

can look at the headline - if interest - click it - read intro of article and follow the link

news in freebasing - similar but a limited amount , idea being latest news headlines may be of interest and may get some discussion going if wanted

as said it is a test/trial and as such any feedback is apprerciated

ta

mike

Social source share

I think it's out of place on here to be honest. Are the topics getting any views? It's just that many people must have a link to BBC news or similar already (I do). And there's too many of these postings. Hey but if everyone else likes them - no problem.

cheers Pete

yep agree the amount (7-ish) does seem a bit over the top espically as they all show up around the same time

maybe a sort of summary daily sort of one would work better ?

Social source share

cheers Pete

yep agree the amount (7-ish) does seem a bit over the top espically as they all show up around the same time

maybe a sort of summary daily sort of one would work better ?

Think that might work better Mike, notice some of them are coming up with same story a couple of times, just slightly different titles.

Social source share

Is it? Looking at putting summary news thread in as alternative. May work better. Yesterday's West Ham takeover and today's school's thread seem to have been worthwhile.

Not a bad idea in theory, but its the lack of input on the original post that makes it annoying.

Some of the topics are already well discussed elsewhere...

Social source share

Not a bad idea in theory, but its the lack of input on the original post that makes it annoying.

Some of the topics are already well discussed elsewhere...

Fair point. Though thread title does give a clue ..

As said summary approach may work better. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert