• Replies 51
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

can't upload files keep getting error message

Failed to find flength file

/var/www/vhosts/soul-source.co.uk/httpdocs/tempx213/e2a7480b97d826959333414f7535fa10

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

If You Let Me - eddie kendricks - tamla

11813 refosoul

Not sure who was first, but here's Eddie version from the PEOPLE...HOLD ON LP

Social source share

Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - jenny and the jewels - hit

11823 refosoul

Nowhere near as good as Val Palmer but not a terrible effort.Both tracks are from budget cover version US label 45's.

Social source share

I was just going to say before Simon put those up, by 'Motown Covers' we mean Motown songs by non Motown artists don't we ?

You know, I can't actually remember what was intended, even though I put the list together for this week, but I think that's what it meant laugh.gif

Doesn't matter really... Motown songs by non-Motown artists, Motown artists covering other songs, Motown artists covering other Motown artists, SS members recording themselves singing Motown (hmmm, no that may be taking things too far whistling.gif )....

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

You know, I can't actually remember what was intended, even though I put the list together for this week, but I think that's what it meant laugh.gif

Doesn't matter really... Motown songs by non-Motown artists, Motown artists covering other songs, Motown artists covering other Motown artists, SS members recording themselves singing Motown (hmmm, no that may be taking things too far whistling.gif )....

blush.gif:yes:

I did read it as MOTOWN COVERS, so I understood it as ANYONE doing a Motown cover, I just happen to have mostly Motown! :lol::D

Social source share

:lol::lol:

I did read it as MOTOWN COVERS, so I understood it as ANYONE doing a Motown cover, I just happen to have mostly Motown! :lol::yes:

:lol: Just started to doubt myself & wondered if it meant non Motown songs by Motown artists.

We don't care either way do we :shhh:

Social source share

Dancin' In The Street - jackie lee - sparton (canadian mirwood)

11826 refosoul

From the Duck album

Nice one Bogue...was thinking of this one myself...didn't know it was on Canadian .

I reckon there are enough so we could have a thread of just 'Dancing In the Street' and 'Uptight' covers !

DON'T TURN AWAY - tony diamond - blue rock

11827 refosoul

Never knew this was a cover...whos the original? Great track.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Nice one Bogue...was thinking of this one myself...didn't know it was on Canadian .

I reckon there are enough so we could have a thread of just 'Dancing In the Street' and 'Uptight' covers !

Just PLEASE don't post Mick Jagger and David Bowie's version of DANCING IN THE STREET! :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Silly Wasn't I - sharon forrester - trojan

11829 refosoul

From LOVERS Box Set

I know not a soul song, but it is a good cover! :shhh:

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

Never knew this was a cover...whos the original? Great track.

Don't Turn Away was on a Four Tops LP, think it's their first without having a look.

Social source share

Nice one Ken ! 'Walk In My Shoes' is my favourite Motown track of all time. This has to be the best of the covers of the song....Magnicent Men, Garry Glenn...

I heard the Bruce Cloud one the other day for the first time. :shhh:

Social source share

Just Walk In My Shoes - magnificent men - capitol

11831 refosoul

Just Walk In My Shoes's turn now then :shhh:

Don't think I'll bother putting the Gary Glenn version up though :lol:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Silly Wasn't I - sharon forrester - trojan

11829 refosoul

From LOVERS Box Set

I know not a soul song, but it is a good cover! :shhh:

Great record. Came out in the UK on an Ashanti 45 1975?. Drop this alot as it fits in with the two step stuff I play.

Obviously not as soulful as Val Simpson but does have a bit of charm.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Great record. Came out in the UK on an Ashanti 45 1975?. Drop this alot as it fits in with the two step stuff I play.

Obviously not as soulful as Val Simpson but does have a bit of charm.

Regards Alan

Yes I agree! :shhh:

Social source share

I'm gonna make you love me - willie tee - tuff city cd

11833 refosoul

Tucked away on the Gaturs "Wasted" CD

Certainly a different version that Blake, I think it works nice though :shhh:

Social source share

I'm a big Benny Gordon fan... there's a local label version of this, exactly the same but for steel pedal guitar over the intro !

Used to have this,the steel guitar is in the middle,sold it for £30, awefull!! :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Nice one! got Jimmy Ruffin's version, on flip of his "Farewell Is A Lonely Sound"

steve

One of my favorites from Eddie! I have always wanted to know where Jimmy's version was...thanks! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert