Discography For Ambush/shagg/dade And Yew

Baz Atkinson

DUG A FEW OUT LAST NIGHT COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW SOULFUL THE INTRIQUES TRACKS ON YEW ARE,HAS ANYONE GOT A DISCOGRAPHY FOR THIS LOGO.ALSO THE SHAGG LABEL GOT THE BARONS WAS INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT OTHER RELEASES ARE ON THIS LOGO [NOT THE OBVIOUS ONES].SAME GOES FOR THE SOUL PUSHERS LABEL AMBUSH ,WAS THIS A SMALL INDIE LABEL OUT OF VIRGINIA? FINALLY THE DADE LABEL,GREAT LOGO ANY DISOGRAPHY WOULD HELP.

HEALTHY DISCUSSION ON ALL THESE LOGOS APPRECIATED.

CHEERS BAZ A.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DUG A FEW OUT LAST NIGHT COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW SOULFUL THE INTRIQUES TRACKS ON YEW ARE,HAS ANYONE GOT A DISCOGRAPHY FOR THIS LOGO.ALSO THE SHAGG LABEL GOT THE BARONS WAS INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT OTHER RELEASES ARE ON THIS LOGO [NOT THE OBVIOUS ONES].SAME GOES FOR THE SOUL PUSHERS LABEL AMBUSH ,WAS THIS A SMALL INDIE LABEL OUT OF VIRGINIA? FINALLY THE DADE LABEL,GREAT LOGO ANY DISOGRAPHY WOULD HELP.

HEALTHY DISCUSSION ON ALL THESE LOGOS APPRECIATED.

CHEERS BAZ A.

Hi Baz,

Ambush is definitely from Richmond, Virginia. The Soul Pushers is the only release I'm aware of.

Dade was one of Henry Stone's first labels, based in Florida there were 63 releases between 1959 and 1967

Shagg was owned by, I think, Senator Jones. apart from The Barons, i can only find one other release which is Guitar Eay - Ypu're Gonna Wreck My Life / I'm Never Gonna Break His Rules Again - Shagg 711

Yew released possibly 14 records. The numbering sequence ran from 1000 to 1013, but I haven't got anywhere near a complete listing.

Social source share

Hi Baz,

Ambush is definitely from Richmond, Virginia. The Soul Pushers is the only release I'm aware of.

Dade was one of Henry Stone's first labels, based in Florida there were 63 releases between 1959 and 1967

Shagg was owned by, I think, Senator Jones. apart from The Barons, i can only find one other release which is Guitar Eay - Ypu're Gonna Wreck My Life / I'm Never Gonna Break His Rules Again - Shagg 711

Yew released possibly 14 records. The numbering sequence ran from 1000 to 1013, but I haven't got anywhere near a complete listing.

THANKS DAVE,

ALWAYS HELPFUL ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE SHAGG LABEL? KNOW IT WAS NEW ORLEANS BUT THOUGHT THERE WAS MORE THAN 2 RELEASES,CAN ANY ONE CONFIRM?

THE YEW LOGO SEEMS HARD TO TRACE IF THE OTHER RELEASES MATCH THE QUALITY OF THE INTRIQUES THEN ITS WORTH TRACKING.

THOUGHT THE SOUL PUSHERS WAS OUT OF RICHMOND VIRGINIA,THAT TRACK IS A BRILL DOUBLE SIDER.

CHEERS BAZ A.

Social source share

Hi Baz

This is what I have for Yew. Obviously The Intrigues were the main stays of the label (Was there an LP??). The Florence De Vore ' Money Bags ' I've not seen for a long time but Anglo have one for £25. good tune! - JM has clips of most of the Intrigues and the Phyllis Smith.

Yew Records

1000 - Florence DeVore - He Doesn't Love You b/w He's Got The Money Bags

1001 - The Intrigues - In A Moment b/w Scotchman Rock

1002 - The Intrigues - I Gotta Find Out For Myself b/w I'm Gonna Love You

1003 - Phyllis Smith - The Feeling Is Gone b/w I Need Somebody To Love

1004 - The Radars - Finger Lickin Chicken b/w Soul Serenade

1005 - Tommy McCook & The Supersonics - Liquidator b/w Tribute to Don

1006 - Ed Woods & Afro 70 - Mockingbird Hill b/w Cuguzza Zambezi

1007 - The Intrigues - Just A Little Bit More b/w Let's Dance

1008 - Onyx - Something You're Trying To Hide b/w You Never Fail To Amaze Me

1009 - Florence DeVore - He Doesn't Love You b/w He's Got The Money Bags

1010 - The Intrigues - Tuck A Little Love Away b/w I Know There's Love

1011 - Florence De Vore - It Takes A Lot Of Love To Love Me b/w Look Out

1012 - The Intrigues - I Got Love b/w The Language Of Love

1013 - The Intrigues - Mojo Hannah b/w To Make A World

Cheers. Rich

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

Hi Baz

This is what I have for Yew. Obviously The Intrigues were the main stays of the label (Was there an LP??). The Florence De Vore ' Money Bags ' I've not seen for a long time but Anglo have one for £25. good tune! - JM has clips of most of the Intrigues and the Phyllis Smith.

Yew Records

1000 - Florence DeVore - He Doesn't Love You b/w He's Got The Money Bags

1001 - The Intrigues - In A Moment b/w Scotchman Rock

1002 - The Intrigues - I Gotta Find Out For Myself b/w I'm Gonna Love You

1003 - Phyllis Smith - The Feeling Is Gone b/w I Need Somebody To Love

1004 - The Radars - Finger Lickin Chicken b/w Soul Serenade

1005 - Tommy McCook & The Supersonics - Liquidator b/w Tribute to Don

1006 - Ed Woods & Afro 70 - Mockingbird Hill b/w Cuguzza Zambezi

1007 - The Intrigues - Just A Little Bit More b/w Let's Dance

1008 - Onyx - Something You're Trying To Hide b/w You Never Fail To Amaze Me

1009 - Florence DeVore - He Doesn't Love You b/w He's Got The Money Bags

1010 - The Intrigues - Tuck A Little Love Away b/w I Know There's Love

1011 - Florence De Vore - It Takes A Lot Of Love To Love Me b/w Look Out

1012 - The Intrigues - I Got Love b/w The Language Of Love

1013 - The Intrigues - Mojo Hannah b/w To Make A World

Cheers. Rich

HELLO RICH ,

HELPFUL AS USUAL USED TO PLAY THE ONYX TRACK AT THE SOUL ON SWALE DOS IN THE MID NINETIES ITS A GREAT TRACK.

THANKS MATE.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Baz

Senator Jones - The Fat Man - Shagg 801

Barons - As Sure As Your Born - Shagg ???

Vickie Labatt - Got To Keep Hanging On - Shagg 712.

I think the Guitar Ray is #711, I may be wrong. Not too sure of the number / sequence either. Cannot find any other releases so far. I know its obvious but I bl***** well love Guitar Ray!

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Ambush also put this out...decent funky soul effort

HELLO JASON,

HOPE YOUR WELL MATE IS THIS THE SAME LOGO? NOT A BAD LITTLE NUMBER MUST BE MORE THAN ONE THEN?

CHEERS BAZ A.

PS IVE GOT SOME LOVELY FUNK STUFF LIKE THE UNITED 8 ETC I PICKEDUP IN WASHINGTON [DC] NOT TYNE AND WEAR :shades: ABOUT 20 OR SO FANCY A BIT TRADING IF SO ILL PM YOU A LIST.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert