Dave Rimmer

• Replies 136
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all my first post and i gotta say this is the best laugh ive had in ages!!

Although not my first post I haven't been on as often as I used to be and this thread is fantastic ... I do like it when people have a go at Mr K Roberts ... maybe he got the initials mixed up and he thought they were referring to "KRC" and not "KFC" :unsure:

Social source share

Although not my first post I haven't been on as often as I used to be and this thread is fantastic ... I do like it when people have a go at Mr K Roberts ... maybe he got the initials mixed up and he thought they were referring to "KRC" and not "KFC" :unsure:

What's the C stand for Mandy?. Somebody mentioned the other day on the Rochadale thread that he was a consultant, maybe that's it :huh:

Consultant on what I dont quite know, maybe chicken :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

very misleading and anyone who claims to have invented Northern soul was lying.

It just happend when certain types of records got played in clubs. it just got given a term after all these clubs that started playing same type or songs. unless people think differently

Social source share

Hi Rob,

Yes I think it was, blimey the memories, looking through a load of rubbish i have stashed under the bed last week, found a boxing day special ticket( pale blue), 1983, price £1.50 for trotters, Kev Roberts, Dave Evison, and i think it may have been Gary Rushbrook, dont know if you went to this one Rob, but I can remember it being stacked out.

Never Missed 'em, great venue.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

very misleading and anyone who claims to have invented Northern soul was lying.

It just happend when certain types of records got played in clubs. it just got given a term after all these clubs that started playing same type or songs. unless people think differently

I dont think Kev was trying to claim he invented Northern Soul.

He just struggled to get 'Brand Leader' in there.

Social source share

I dont think Kev was trying to claim he invented Northern Soul.

He just struggled to get 'Brand Leader' in there.

The basic problem is that when folk try to make a living out of an art form they either end up doing it in a way which supports the art form or has a parasitical relationship with it. It seems to me that a lot of people view KR as being in the latter category. I don't think that's true, but his personal PR is very bad.

Social source share

112245649d668df19.jpg

Bloody hell ! :thumbsup:

Nice one Dave.. :yes:

What's actually the highest number of views of a topic (Excluding those looney tunes in freebasing !!!) This monster I created appears to be averaging nearly 80 views an hour, every hour over the past 48 hours.

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Social source share

What's actually the highest number of views of a topic (Excluding those looney tunes in freebasing !!!) This monster I created appears to be averaging nearly 80 views an hour, every hour over the past 48 hours.

==========

Remind me again who it was who started SSCDT? :lol:

Wouldn't mind betting the most views would have Kev Roberts or Ian Levine in the title, or as the subject matter :shades: Dayo's thread about a track we all liked had about 400 replies I think, that must be up there as well :D

Social source share

==========

Remind me again who it was who started SSCDT? :lol:

Wouldn't mind betting the most views would have Kev Roberts or Ian Levine in the title, or as the subject matter :shades: Dayo's thread about a track we all liked had about 400 replies I think, that must be up there as well :D

Well yes, it did develop from a reply that i wrote to Jamie.......

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PayneyJnr

Top marks for " outing " me , Steve ...... I like it .

Now I can stop disguising the way I walk ...... :rolleyes:

Malc Burton

I thought Malcolm 'Has anyone seen him there's some skinheads trying to get in the toilet window' Moffat was on the door at the Windmill?

Social source share

I thought Malcolm 'Has anyone seen him there's some skinheads trying to get in the toilet window' Moffat was on the door at the Windmill?

Hi David ....

Youv'e lost me - Malcolm Moffat ? ...... Give me a clue ; must be my age .

Your Dad and I usually stood at the top of the stairs ( with a jotty in our hands of course ) , with Susan and sometimes your mum in the ticket / cloakroom box .

Malc ( Uncle ) Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest PayneyJnr

Hi David ....

Youv'e lost me - Malcolm Moffat ? ...... Give me a clue ; must be my age .

Malc ( Uncle ) Burton

Wore the ubiquitous moustache, from Stainforth - perhaps he was on the door at the Thorne White Hart when Dad was doing that with Gary Welsh rather than the Windmill?

Besides, I thought you only needed Sue on the door in those days?!

Social source share

Guest PayneyJnr

Dad trying to keep his fring out his eyes and you doing your best Barnbrough version of Magnum PI (with just a hint of Terry McDermott)?

Moffat must have been later at the back room of the White Hart.

Social source share

Dad trying to keep his fring out his eyes and you doing your best Barnbrough version of Magnum PI (with just a hint of Terry McDermott)?

Moffat must have been later at the back room of the White Hart.

I can confirm that the 'Doorman' at the Windmill was "Shelagh Payne & Susan Burton".

More than enough for any man!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Social source share

Guest PayneyJnr

Thanks Sean. I'll pass on your regards, warmest wishes to all. I'll be 'home' on the 27th-28th, and by co-incidence Mum, Dad and soon to be 18 year old sister Harriet will be visiting me down here in Suffolk this weekend.

Dad will be angling for a trip to the local Wetherspoons, he's not too keen on Southern beer prices in the normal pubs. Landlords around the county accustomed to the Yorkshire battle cry of "How much!?!?!"

And don't get him started on the price of the pool table....

All this from a man who deliberatley bids for records he's got and doesn't want on ebay, simply because he hates the idea of someone getting a record undervalued.

I think he's taking some sort of Knight's Templar vow to protect soul records from going cheap.

Edited by PayneyJnr
Social source share

Thanks Sean. I'll pass on your regards, warmest wishes to all. I'll be 'home' on the 27th-28th, and by co-incidence Mum, Dad and soon to be 18 year old sister Harriet will be visiting me down here in Suffolk this weekend.

Dad will be angling for a trip to the local Wetherspoons, he's not too keen on Southern beer prices in the normal pubs. Landlords around the county accustomed to the Yorkshire battle cry of "How much!?!?!"

And don't get him started on the price of the pool table....

All this from a man who deliberatley bids for records he's got and doesn't want on ebay, simply because he hates the idea of someone getting a record undervalued.

I think he's taking some sort of Knight's Templar vow to protect soul records from going cheap.

Top Comments !

That's Why your dad will always be one of the top men in my book . :thumbsup:

Have a good christmas young Payney .

Malc ( uncle ) Burton

Social source share