Kev Roberts Myspace

Dave Rimmer

Guest in town Mikey

Er... he wasnt alone with this look in the 80s blush.gif:yes::D

Dont look now Byrney. I think Dave Thorley has nicked your log in :lol:whistling.gif

Something esle Kev can add to his blog.

By adding my name to the title of a thread Soul Source gets nearly as many posts as the Legendary Ian Levine thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 136
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

At what time did he aquire the Groucho Marx eyebrows that he currently sports now?

==============

You wake up one morning and they're there sad.gif Then for some reason they keep growing out until they reach the stage where a topiographer would have a field day. At the same time, they seem to get smaller on the horizontal, till if you're not careful, you have little Hitler moustaches over both your eyes........ its very sad honestly sad.gif

Social source share

Priceless reply...lol Eggs you can boil them, poach them, fry them, make cakes with them and bugger me

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Seems like a very generous offer whistling.gif

Social source share

Something esle Kev can add to his blog.

By adding my name to the title of a thread Soul Source gets nearly as many posts as the Legendary Ian Levine thumbsup.gif

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif:yes::D

Social source share

Guest markmtfc

Hi Rob,

Yes I think it was, blimey the memories, looking through a load of rubbish i have stashed under the bed last week, found a boxing day special ticket( pale blue), 1983, price £1.50 for trotters, Kev Roberts, Dave Evison, and i think it may have been Gary Rushbrook, dont know if you went to this one Rob, but I can remember it being stacked out.

Social source share

more than enough topics running through this thread now. can i suggest to those discussing other stuff to raise the topics elsewhere please. i am sure they would be welcomed.

cheers

Shane

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Andy Stewart , 8 weeks on the chart, number 4 high position dec 89 on Sloane records

Nice

...I've got a 12 inch white label promo of it, if any Kev obsessive out there wants to make me an offer laugh.giflaugh.gif

TONE

Social source share

more than enough topics running through this thread now. can i suggest to those discussing other stuff to raise the topics elsewhere please. i am sure they would be welcomed.

cheers

Shane

The topic is Kev Roberts...has anyone gone off topic?

Social source share

The topic is Kev Roberts...has anyone gone off topic?

i suppose not after i gave it a 2nd read. i just kept seeing things about eyebrows laugh.gif

carry on folks. my apologies thumbsup.gif

shane

Social source share

If I mention Ian Levine then and the fact (!) that there's a CD due soon of new Levine productions via Kev Roberts, will that make the thread number go right through the roof?

The CD has some fantastic stuff on it !

Social source share

If I mention Ian Levine then and the fact (!) that there's a CD due soon of new Levine productions via Kev Roberts, will that make the thread number go right through the roof?

The CD has some fantastic stuff on it !

With superbly well written sleeve notes and a beautifully designed cover, it should make them both an absolute fortune, I'm sure folks will wish them all the best with it . . . wicked.gif

Social source share

With superbly well written sleeve notes and a beautifully designed cover, it should make them both an absolute fortune, I'm sure folks will wish them all the best with it . . . wicked.gif

Nice of you to join in Roger. So what's your view of Kev Robert's claim to have created the music in the popular KFC ads ?

It's clear the other sycophant doesn't have anything to add of value, but perhaps you do ?

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Not to get off topic, but I read your post on that thread, Simsy. I understand your reaction to the songs used in the KFC ads...is it because it is a chicken chain or the purity of the music? I would assume that the powers that be are paying the royalties to the RIGHT person as in the recent TALBOT'S ads who were using Smokey Robinson/Miracles IT'S A GOOD FEELING, which I remember discussing on another soul forum. What irks me is when songs such as these are being used, as stated on the thread you posted, the record goes up AND there seems to me more of a demand for this "new" record, especially among younger audiences as these ads are aimed for the younger viewing audience. Another thing...as a DJ whenever I play this music, I also get annoyed (not visibly) when someone tells me what they heard on the ads is new music when I have to "school" them and say "no darling...it was around even before I was thought of"! laugh.gif

Now to the subject here, I find it interesting if not amusing that what I have read before and what it's proven here is a bit surreal, especially after attending the last SoulTrip. wink.gif

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

Not to get off topic, but I read your post on that thread, Simsy. I understand your reaction to the songs used in the KFC ads...is it because it is a chicken chain or the purity of the music? I would assume that the powers that be are paying the royalties to the RIGHT person as in the recent TALBOT'S ads who were using Smokey Robinson/Miracles IT'S A GOOD FEELING, which I remember discussing on another soul forum. What irks me is when songs such as these are being used, as stated on the thread you posted, the record goes up AND there seems to me more of a demand for this "new" record, especially among younger audiences as these ads are aimed for the younger viewing audience. Another thing...as a DJ whenever I play this music, I also get annoyed (not visibly) when someone tells me what they heard on the ads is new music when I have to "school" them and say "no darling...it was around even before I was thought of" wink.gif

Now to the subject here, I find it interesting if not amusing that what I have read before and what it's proven here is a bit surreal, especially after attending the last SoulTrip. wink.gif

Yeah was written quite a time ago that one, as you may notice by the number of (now) unregistered members!

It was a little bit over the top looking back at it. However my problem was that I preferred the music be underground, maybe pure etc to be appreciated by true soul fans. Rather than sold on for a fast buck. Just cheapened it a bit for me and left a bit of a sour and somewhat greasy taste in the mouth.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Yeah was written quite a time ago that one, as you may notice by the number of (now) unregistered members!

It was a little bit over the top looking back at it. However my problem was that I preferred the music be underground, maybe pure etc to be appreciated by true soul fans. Rather than sold on for a fast buck. Just cheapened it a bit for me and left a bit of a sour and somewhat greasy taste in the mouth.

I understand...I thought that was what you were referring to! yes.gif

Social source share

Nice of you to join in Roger. So what's your view of Kev Robert's claim to have created the music in the popular KFC ads ?

It's clear the other sycophant doesn't have anything to add of value, but perhaps you do ?

Sycophant?? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

C'mon Soul Sourcers! With a bit of team effort I'm sure we can push this thread over the 2000 hits mark by the end of the day.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

And now you look like SBC's other creation, Bruno :shhh:

Top marks for " outing " me , Steve ...... I like it .

Now I can stop disguising the way I walk ...... :lol:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

No, but you will be banned from my car, if you bring that bloody mobile again :shhh:

:lol: She needs that ringtone when she is out with me :lol:

You'll never offer me & Bridget Jones a lift again :yes:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

They're probably not real friends but boots he bought off ebay :yes:

...oh come on why would Kev need to buy friends, he could get someone to press him a few up :shhh::lol::lol:

Social source share

Alas, that is sadly true :shhh:

Anymore of us with the 80's Kev style out there ? Come on don't be shy !

Oh go on then .....

the photograph is from 1981 at The Windmill , Rotherham .

Left to right - Bill Payne , Andy Newbold , Sean Hampsey , and the original young

Borat ( yours truly ) .

No , I was not sick down my shirt ..... :lol:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Oh go on then .....

the photograph is from 1981 at The Windmill , Rotherham .

Left to right - Bill Payne , Andy Newbold , Sean Hampsey , and the original young

Borat ( yours truly ) .

No , I was not sick down my shirt ..... :shhh:

Malc Burton

=============================================================

malc, your picture, like mr robberts 25 friends is conspicious by its absence

Social source share

Quite an interesting claim that Kev makes on his Myspace page:

https://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=86441985

"Created the music for the popular KFC TV Ads"

I honestly thought it was the original artists and musicians who created the music. Never realised that Kev was that talented. All credit to him :unsure:

Hi Dave HOW DARE you my all time fave DJ still playing and enthusing about the top 500 ...only kidding of course........ATB Steve PS when are you close to Manchester next?

ATB Steve

Social source share