Dave Fleming

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Regarding a light blue copy, were there various releases?!

Them,they are the same song but completly different the Blue one being a nice midtempo Modern dancer,the latter green one is a slow/ballad version,i think JM has sound clips of both.

Dave f...............

Hi all,I`m looking for a copy of,

Will Hatcher-You haven`t seen nothing yet-Wheelsvile (light blue copy)

Please PM me if anyone can help out.

TIA

Dave f...............

Thanks to all,sorted now blue one on the way thumbsup.gif

Dave f............

Social source share

Them,they are the same song but completly different the Blue one being a nice midtempo Modern dancer,the latter green one is a slow/ballad version,i think JM has sound clips of both.

Dave f...............

Thanks to all,sorted now blue one on the way :shhh:

Dave f............

Is that right Dave?

The Green one is also a nice midtempo dancer... in my book.

I, genuinely, always thought that the only difference was the tinkly piano intro... from memory.

Tim Brown originally found this (the light blue copy) and used to play it at Thorne. When the Green ones came through I thought that, other than the intro, they were exactly the same.

Must give them both another listen.

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Is that right Dave?

I, genuinely, always thought that the only difference was the tinkly piano intro... from memory.

Tim Brown originally found this (the light blue copy) and used to play it at Thorne. When the Green ones came through I thought that, other than the intro, they were exactly the same.

:shhh:

Sean

I'm glad you said that Sean - That's just what I thought :lol:

It'll save me hunting my green un out :lol:

Social source share

BE CAREFUL.I HAD THE GREEN 1.BUT WAS TOLD THAT WAS 2ND ISSUE?.WAS TOLD TO BUY THE BLUE COPY CAUSE IT WAS ORIGINAL & HAD DIFF INTRO.SO BOUGHT BLUE 1 OFF MANSHIP.WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE GREEN IN TUNE & LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE OFF SAME PRESS BUT DIFF COLOUR.IVE SINCE HEARD THE 1 WITH DIFF INTRO.PLUS SOUNDS A TOTALY DIFF TAKE. :shhh:

Social source share

Hey Dave I posted a clip of the blue one ,on the forum . Plus I was told by John Anderson , some time back that this was the first pressing and the green was a legit' second pressing . It was also spun way before Thorne if memory serves me right

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Hi all,I`m looking for a copy of,

Will Hatcher-You haven`t seen nothing yet-Wheelsvile (light blue copy)

Please PM me if anyone can help out.

TIA

Dave f...............

just curious..how much is the light blue one going for? :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Apologies all round :unsure: i was going from memory on the green copy and got it mixed up with the flip side,

"Ain`t that lovin you" which is the slow/ballad track i had in my mind.

Dave f............

HELLO DAVE,

JUST AS A FOOTNOTE, I HAVE THE ORIG BLUE WHICH I BOUGHT FROM TIM B. AT THE TIME THEY TURNED UP WHEN HE USED TO PLAY IT , BUT,

I ALSO HAVE TWO DIFFERENT REISSUES ,WHICH ARE VERY CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL, IN BOTH GREEN AND BLUE. WITHOUT CHECKING,I CANT BE SURE BUT I DONT RECALL THERE BEING ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE RECORDING FROM THE ORIG...........

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE PRINTING ON THE REISSUES[bOTH], WASN`T AS CLEAR. BUT IT WAS DEFINATELY REISSUED ON AN IDENTICAL LIGHT BLUE LABEL FORMAT. AS WELL AS GREEN............

BE CAREFUL,

BEST, IVOR

Social source share

the blue & green i had were the same tune.the blue i bot for 50 off manship i sent back.i take it was a boot like the green.i heard the original on solar 2week ago.it is diff from the boot.it had diff intro & the hole tune sounded diff from the boot.took half way through the record to realise it was the will hatcher 1.hope this helps :thumbsup:

Social source share

HELLO DAVE,

JUST AS A FOOTNOTE, I HAVE THE ORIG BLUE WHICH I BOUGHT FROM TIM B. AT THE TIME THEY TURNED UP WHEN HE USED TO PLAY IT , BUT,

I ALSO HAVE TWO DIFFERENT REISSUES ,WHICH ARE VERY CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL, IN BOTH GREEN AND BLUE. WITHOUT CHECKING,I CANT BE SURE BUT I DONT RECALL THERE BEING ANY DIFFERENCE IN THE RECORDING FROM THE ORIG...........

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE PRINTING ON THE REISSUES[bOTH], WASN`T AS CLEAR. BUT IT WAS DEFINATELY REISSUED ON AN IDENTICAL LIGHT BLUE LABEL FORMAT. AS WELL AS GREEN............

BE CAREFUL,

BEST, IVOR

Cheers Ivor that`s as clear as mud mate wacko.gif:thumbsup:

anyone have scans of the Blue reissue and the Orig blue issue,cheers.

Dave f.............

Social source share

dave youll find now youve turned 50 , loss of memory and confusion will happen more often :D

Cheeky Sod a few more years to go yet unlike you laugh.gif ,

you could of had my copy of "V Copeland-Chaos" for the £15 i paid for it many moons ago, but as you`ve got one now you won`t need it laugh.gif ,

you Northern boys always playing catch up to us Modern/Xover boys :D:thumbsup::shades::lol:

Dave f................

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Cheers Ivor that`s as clear as mud mate wacko.gif:lol:

anyone have scans of the Blue reissue and the Orig blue issue,cheers.

Dave f.............

RIGHT DAVE,

I`VE MANAGED TO FIND THEM. THE BLUE ORIGINAL HAS IN ITS RUN-OUT GROOVE THE FOLLOWING INFO...............SUPERDISC WV 001-A 705433A 323OM IT IS A STRONG LIGHT BLUE COLOUR LABEL, AND YES ,I WAS MISTAKEN,IT HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SLOW PIANO BUILD-UP ON THE RECORDING...........

MEANWHILE, THE BLUE REISSUE HAS A MORE FADED LOOKING COLOUR TO ITS LABEL,MORE UNCLEAR PRINTING AND NO SLOW START AND THE FOLLOWING

INFO IN THE RUN-OUT GROOVE.................AR-8155-1 IT`S ALSO PRESSED ON A LATER LOOKING VINYL[sIMILAR TO THOSE SOUL-KING THINGS DONE AT THE SAME TIME. I.E. EARLY 90`S]. I HOPE THATS MORE HELPFULL TO YOU, BEST, IVOR

Social source share

RIGHT DAVE,

I`VE MANAGED TO FIND THEM. THE BLUE ORIGINAL HAS IN ITS RUN-OUT GROOVE THE FOLLOWING INFO...............SUPERDISC WV 001-A 705433A 323OM IT IS A STRONG LIGHT BLUE COLOUR LABEL, AND YES ,I WAS MISTAKEN,IT HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SLOW PIANO BUILD-UP ON THE RECORDING...........

MEANWHILE, THE BLUE REISSUE HAS A MORE FADED LOOKING COLOUR TO ITS LABEL,MORE UNCLEAR PRINTING AND NO SLOW START AND THE FOLLOWING

INFO IN THE RUN-OUT GROOVE.................AR-8155-1 IT`S ALSO PRESSED ON A LATER LOOKING VINYL[sIMILAR TO THOSE SOUL-KING THINGS DONE AT THE SAME TIME. I.E. EARLY 90`S]. I HOPE THATS MORE HELPFULL TO YOU, BEST, IVOR

Thanks Ivor, This is the copy i got through the post this morning (see scan),

in the run out it says "AR-8155-1" not "superdisc" also the outer edge seems to have a slight lip on it,so by the look of it this could be a light blue reissue.

Dave f...........

post-2848-1164466675_thumb.jpg

Social source share

in the run out it says "AR-8155-1" not "superdisc" also the outer edge seems to have a slight lip on it,so by the look of it this could be a light blue reissue.

Dave f...........

Has anyone got a sound clip of the light blue copy with "SUPERDISC WV 001-A" in the run out.

TIA

Dave f.................

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Has anyone got a sound clip of the light blue copy with "SUPERDISC WV 001-A" in the run out.

TIA

Dave f.................

[

HELLO AGAIN DAVE.

JESUS,THIS IS GETTING TEDIOUS ! :lol:

I`D STATE MY LIFE ON THAT BEING A REISSUE MATE..........

I WOULD SEND YOU A SOUNDCLIP MYSELF,BUT I`M USELESS WITH TECHNOLOGY........... HOWEVER YOU CAN PHONE ME ON 07901 652933

AND I WILL PLAY YOU A BIT DOWN THE PHONE THE OLD FASHIONED WAY..............................

BEST, IVOR

Social source share

C`MON SIMON ! GET WITH THE PROGRAM NOW.............! :lol:

:P

Ok, mine hasn't got 'Superdic' on the run out groove so does that mean it's the light blue tinkly piano intro'd reissued remix of the other light blue issue tinkly pianoless mix or not ? A simple yes, no or maybe will suffice :lol:

Social source share

You haven't seen nothing yet - will hatcher - wheelsville

12013 refosoul

I think this is the blue label version - without piano intro?

I found it on a CD I'd got - still not come across my green copy yet though!

Have you got a CD with the tinkly piano intro version on John?

If not I'll do one for you.

Sean

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Ok, mine hasn't got 'Superdic' on the run out groove so does that mean it's the light blue tinkly piano intro'd reissued remix of the other light blue issue tinkly pianoless mix or not ? A simple yes, no or maybe will suffice :unsure:

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........ NOT SURE...........! :D
Social source share

Dave f...........

Right here we go again,this copy has been sent back to sender,

So has anyone got the first light Blue issue with the piano intro for sale,

please PM me,cheers.

TIA

Dave f..................

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest mel brat

Is that right Dave?

thumbsup.gif

Sean

NOT TRUE, Damn it!, I bought this "blind" from record dealer Ady Pountain in 1980 or '81 after he had just come back from Detroit. I paid £2 for it and played it to all and sundry via tape swaps for several years. As far as I know it was bootlegged shortly after getting popular at Thorne, though whether these are the pale green ones or not, I really don't know. However the originals are sky blue with black type.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

NOT TRUE, Damn it!, I bought this "blind" from record dealer Ady Pountain in 1980 or '81 after he had just come back from Detroit. I paid £2 for it and played it to all and sundry via tape swaps for several years. As far as I know it was bootlegged shortly after getting popular at Thorne, though whether these are the pale green ones or not, I really don't know. However the originals are sky blue with black type.

Which bit?

The bit that Tim Brown found it?

Well I never. Didn't realise it was around in 1980.

Sean

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Guest mel brat

This is the copy I bought from Ady Pountain C.1981. But it would probably have been considered far too slow to spin then anyway, as the modern scene was still blowing too strongly from a "Northerly direction" for my taste...

post-4950-1170468322_thumb.jpg

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

It originally came out in 1975/6 and was actually remixed for release on Wand in 1976 by Tom Moulton no less. That of course is a much better version.

Are you sure? I know he had another one on Wand, but not this song... :shades:

Social source share

Source Advert