Need To Look A Little Bit Closer

Pete S

• Replies 6
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's a job lot on ebay with some great titles but I don't think people have read the advert properly - the description makes it sounds like a really good lot but if you read it closeley, they are nearly all reissues...

https://cgi.ebay.com/Job-Lot-150-Jukebox-7-...tem160049705363

Pete,

What will they think of next? Selling ex juke-box records with a smattering of Northern Soul 45s thrown in and getting a bid of £200+. You've got to admire the imagination that went into this offering..or I could be wrong and it's the best bunch of records you could ever get for £200.. Perhaps the winning will let us know..

I

Social source share

Pete,

What will they think of next? Selling ex juke-box records with a smattering of Northern Soul 45s thrown in and getting a bid of £200+. You've got to admire the imagination that went into this offering..or I could be wrong and it's the best bunch of records you could ever get for £200.. Perhaps the winning will let us know..

I

Thing is John, if you just take a cursory glance at it, it looks good, then you see "Willie Huch and Bobby Hutton demo" and MVP's with the B side and think...hang on a minute...I reckon people just read the first few titles and assumed they were US originals.

Social source share

I think it's pretty obvious from the beginning with blue vinyl boot of Wakefield Sun. However I don't think that Father&Sons 45 was ever pressed and no idea what Johnny & Jammers is on Big Beat[same label as Cherries?] There may be the odd original 45 in there but whether they're Northern is another matter.

May be worth the money for that Bobby Crush 45 who I believe was a big influence on Popcorn Wylie's style of piano playing.

I looked at feedback and couldn't see any Northern or record selling history.

ROD

Social source share

Just a typical Mid 70's Wigan Boys record collection!

Even got a Ringo Starr and a Wings 45 in there!

wicked.gif

Sean

Anyone remember an instrumental version of the Ringo Starr track "Oh my my" being played briefly back in 1975?? Was by David Hentschell or something like that. Definitely played though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert