The Tune I Can't Forget

Guest Marisa

Thanks everyone for posting mounds of quality sounds.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out with identifying another tune that I heard on a tape, back in early eighties but have never heard of or come accross again. Perhaps it's an album track but if anyone out there knows it or better still could post it up it would solve one of those mysteries that has been singing away at the back of my mind for the past 20+ years.

Here goes with the lyrics:

"I wanna thankyou heavenly father, for shinin' your light on me."

" You sent me someone who really loves me, and not just my body"

"It makes me happy, so very happy, I don't know how to feel"

"It's been a long time, since I found someone to love me"

"I owe my thanks to thee"

"I know it couldn't have happened without you... ou ....ou without you......oouu"

It is a female vocal from early eighties but can't remember who by so to solve this mystery that has been lurking away at the back of my mind all these years would be great. Would fit nicely into sunday's modern theme!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks everyone for posting mounds of quality sounds.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out with identifying another tune that I heard on a tape, back in early eighties but have never heard of or come accross again. Perhaps it's an album track but if anyone out there knows it or better still could post it up it would solve one of those mysteries that has been singing away at the back of my mind for the past 20+ years.

Here goes with the lyrics:

"I wanna thankyou heavenly father, for shinin' your light on me."

" You sent me someone who really loves me, and not just my body"

"It makes me happy, so very happy, I don't know how to feel"

"It's been a long time, since I found someone to love me"

"I owe my thanks to thee"

"I know it couldn't have happened without you... ou ....ou without you......oouu"

It is a female vocal from early eighties but can't remember who by so to solve this mystery that has been lurking away at the back of my mind all these years would be great. Would fit nicely into sunday's modern theme!

Hi,

It's ALICIA MYERS - I WANT TO THANK YOU - MCA RECORDS

Derek

Social source share

Twenty years and Derek clears it up in under 20 mins.......great version by Chante Moore from the 90s too.....

Cheers Girth

S'right Derek. Can't help thinking I've got a version by Candye Edwards too :lol:

Highly likely. same set up... Al Hudson, Kevin McKord ... One way etc.

Good tune!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

:thumbsup: Thanks Derek. So how do I get to listen to it? Is it available on CD or vinyl. Would love to hear some of the other versions. How about a version excursion?

Can't wait to hear it again.

Social source share

smile.gif Thanks Derek. So how do I get to listen to it? Is it available on CD or vinyl. Would love to hear some of the other versions. How about a version excursion?

Can't wait to hear it again.

Hi Marisa

You can get it on a US 7" here's a couple of links to copies for sale

https://www.gemm.com/item/ALICIA--MYERS/I--...U/GML853554117/

OR

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/116929/MYERS%2C+ALICIA

cheers

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source