• Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Keep Me Satisfied - j.p. robinson - blue candle

11625 refosoul

It was a toss up as to which side to play for this one. I think you might enjoy this side.

id love the mp3ss of both sides :D:D

:yes::yes::yes:

id love the mp3ss of both sides :(whistling.gif

a dream seven

on my xmas wishlist!!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

Social source share

QUOTE(mark.b @ Nov 16 2006, 12:43 PM) link

is this the hidden track on the album

mark

No, Mark, it's on their Fantasy album, 1979, Mercury Records. Don't think it's hidden??

i have the album but one of the tracks is not listed it sort of starts right after another track if you know what i mean, think it is this one no mention of title on the track listing. mark
Social source share

Mornin troops, what a great selection of X-over toons yesterday,very very high quality..... :D ......Thank you all....you've done yerselves proud...my rating... a double and half foive :(:D ...only because there were more music postings on RnB wednesday....so next X-crossoverThursday,let's try and get 150+...I'm sure you all wont dissapoint....right off to the loony bin.. catch up with all you later for Northern Friday...over and out...oh btw..thanks to the kind peeps who played my request and also for correcting me on Find my Way-Cameo..knew it began with C,!!...anyway.. :wave:ta ta for now..Del xx

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Mornin troops, what a great selection of X-over toons yesterday,very very high quality..... :D ......Thank you all....you've done yerselves proud...my rating... a double and half foive beer.gif:( ...only because there were more music postings on RnB wednesday....so next X-crossoverThursday,let's try and get 150+...I'm sure you all wont dissapoint....right off to the loony bin.. catch up with all you later for Northern Friday...over and out...oh btw..thanks to the kind peeps who played my request and also for correcting me on Find my Way-Cameo..knew it began with C,!!...anyway.. :wave:ta ta for now..Del xx

Hats off to everyone who put up the crackin tuneage yesterday.why some of these dont reach a wider audience is beyond me.went straight on Gemm and got me a Three Degrees minter $5 and the Natural Four albumn $15. Cheers all. :yes::D

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Hats off to everyone who put up the crackin tuneage yesterday.why some of these dont reach a wider audience is beyond me.went straight on Gemm and got me a Three Degrees minter $5 and the Natural Four albumn $15. Cheers all. biggrin.gif:thumbsup:

yep, many thanks from me as well, managed to get the Tavares, Notations, Heaven&Earth and 3 degrees, not bad..for someone who wanted to stop buying for a couple months blush.gif

Hope I can contribute myself soon, but so far I haven't figured out how to insert the records into the CD burner of my laptop..they're too big :lol:

Hope I'll get beyond the technical problems before the thread is no longer on,

Best,

Stefan

Social source share

yep, many thanks from me as well, managed to get the Tavares, Notations, Heaven&Earth and 3 degrees, not bad..for someone who wanted to stop buying for a couple months :lol:

Hope I can contribute myself soon, but so far I haven't figured out how to insert the records into the CD burner of my laptop..they're too big :thumbsup:

Hope I'll get beyond the technical problems before the thread is no longer on,

Best,

Stefan

ne mind sweetheart,,,,get it sorted for the next Thursday X-CROSSOVER session and look forward to hearing your records...Delxx

Social source share

Picked up a copy of the " New Concepts...Give me another chance...Phillips " a few weeks ago , and think this track is top notch. Noticed on the credits its written by Jack Daniels and Johnny Moore, and has Jaden music on the credits too, another link to Johnny Moore. Does anyone have any background on this track, would be interested.........

Social source share

find my way - the three degrees - roulette

11617 refosoul

I know it's all down to personal choice, & no offence to you Miff, but i think that's an awful rendition of a classic tune.

Should think it made Larry Blackmon want to put his Codpiece over his ears !

I read somewhere that Cameo originally recorded 'Find My Way' as the New York City Players, did it ever get a release as them ? anyone ?

Bugger ! Realised iv'e just elevated Sleepover Thursday to the top of the pile again ranting_1.gif:D

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

To Give Love - sweet thunder - lp track

11596 refosoul

Another under rated group.

Hello Roger,

I've been playing out this tune ocasionally, and always have good reaction in the dancefloor, absolutely fantastic one.

Is the first time I saw someone else talking about it thumbsup.gif , maybe is a very common Lp, and has the lack of beeing expensive or rare :yes:

Unfortunatelly I don't have the skill to put some files here :)

GOOD JOB mate

Best

Aitor

Social source share

I've been playing out this tune ocasionally, and always have good reaction in the dancefloor, absolutely fantastic one.

Is the first time I saw someone else talking about it thumbsup.gif , maybe is a very common Lp, and has the lack of beeing expensive or rare :yes:

Unfortunatelly I don't have the skill to put some files here :)

GOOD JOB mate

Best

Aitor

Hi Aitor, there's other gems like that tune on all their albums - 'I Leave You Stronger' on their Horizons album is an all time favourite of time, I'll put that one up on Thursday.

Cheers

Roger

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

I read somewhere that Cameo originally recorded 'Find My Way' as the New York City Players, did it ever get a release as them ? anyone ?

I seem to recall when the record first got spins it was as by the Players on Chocolate City records. Then shortly afterwards copies appeared as by Cameo.

But I just found this piece of 'info' :shades: :

Formed in 1974, Cameo started out as a 13-member group created by former Juilliard student and New York-area clubgoer Larry Blackmon, called the New York City Players. Signed by Casablanca Records to their Chocolate City imprint in 1976, the group soon changed its name to Cameo. Cameo started with a deep, funky sound, but it was obvious from the start that their sights were set on the dance floors. Their first albums Cardiac Arrest, Ugly Ego, We All Know Who We Are and Secret Omen contained dance floor songs such as "I Just Want To Be" and "Find My Way," the latter which was a major disco smash and was included on the soundtrack to Thank God It's Friday.

Not having got a copy by the 'Players' I can't confirm the actual name on the record as to having the 'New York' as part of their name :D

So we still need some confirmation on this one :thumbsup:

Anyone got a scan of the first 45 - were they promos only?

Social source share

I know it's all down to personal choice, & no offence to you Miff, but i think that's an awful rendition of a classic tune.

Should think it made Larry Blackmon want to put his Codpiece over his ears !

The 3 Degrees version was actually out several years before the Players version on Chocolate City.

I

Social source share

I seem to recall when the record first got spins it was as by the Players on Chocolate City records. Then shortly afterwards copies appeared as by Cameo.

But I just found this piece of 'info' :thumbsup: :

Not having got a copy by the 'Players' I can't confirm the actual name on the record as to having the 'New York' as part of their name :yes:

So we still need some confirmation on this one :D

Anyone got a scan of the first 45 - were they promos only?

Hey John,

I always believed it just said 'The Players' on the original 45 (no mention of New York).

I seem to recall some grief from Ohio Players management, hence the quick press name change.

My copy, though, does say "Cameo" as does yours. I also have a 12" somewhere (which I think came out some time later).

Hope you're well mate. Must catch up soon.

:shades:

Sean

Social source share

The 3 Degrees version was actually out several years before the Players version on Chocolate City.

I

Didn't realise that Sean, always thought all Cameo's stuff was self pen'ed.

Still don't like it though :shades:

Social source share

And of course before that release it was done by The Tymes in 1969 on Columbia - (Mines on UK Direction) :D

Yes Sean - we must catch up... it's been a while now :shades:

Looks like Essence will be next chance. Unless you make it to Spondon? Think me and Kev are supposed to be on in the New Year?

Not heard the Tymes version. Stick it up here when you get a mo (save you doing me a CD :thumbsup: ).

Take care mate.

Sean

How rare are the Players/New York City Players copies then Sean ?

I'd say very rare.

I dont have one... and if John Benson aint got one either I'd say they're almost extinct!

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

:thumbsup: Be interested to hear the Tymes version, i've just had a scout around the various juke box sites but couldn't find one.

Just listeneng to thier version of 'The Way Of The Crowd' which was on Karen's (soulgirl) site, like that :shades:

Social source share

Hey John,

I always believed it just said 'The Players' on the original 45 (no mention of New York).

I seem to recall some grief from Ohio Players management, hence the quick press name change.

My copy, though, does say "Cameo" as does yours. I also have a 12" somewhere (which I think came out some time later).

Hope you're well mate. Must catch up soon.

:shades:

Sean

99% sure was the players as well, as have a memory of sending off for it as the players and being suprised when turned up on doormat as cameo

the 12 inch has got to be the version that was featured in thank god its friday film and on the soundtrack lp a few years later, was suprised at time to hear it featured but suppose could have been something to do with simons soussans involvement in film

mike

Social source share

Not heard the Tymes version. Stick it up here when you get a mo (save you doing me a CD :thumbsup: ).

Sean

Actually I haven't CD'd it yet - one of the many, but it's not a bad version.

I've had it since the early 80's, but coincidently Steve G reviewed it not all that long ago for In The Basement if I recall correctly :D

I'll try and make it a date for Spondon - sounds like my kinda 'do' :shades:

PS - 'The Way Of The Crowd' is on their "People" LP also on Columbia / UK Direction

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

Find my way - tymes - columbia / uk direction

11828 refosoul

UK release: August 8th 1969

So it says on the 'A' side - "If you love me baby"

post-5094-1164132632_thumb.jpg

Prefer it to the Three Degrees version :shhh:

Cameo/Players/New York City Players still take the honours though i think. :lol:

Social source share

Guest marco i

I Want Sunday Back Again - maxine weldon - monument

11850 refosoul

Picked up this version on a Monument demo recently.... after a few plays I prefer it to Betty Swann version mesel.... like the way it buildssteve

Nice tune! thumbsup.gif Is it LP only?

Cheers, Marco

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert