More Dreadful Repro 45s

Guest Paul

Anyone seen those dreadful "look-a-like" repro 45s on eBay from a seller called amnesiarecords? They also have a website www.amnesiarecords.co.uk

I'm not sure if they are vinyl pressings or dub plates but they certainly aren't legal and I hope people don't buy them. The seller claims they are limited editions (500 copies) and his supplier is someone whose e-mail address is davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net

Please consider the rights of artists, writers, producers and copyright owners and don't support bootleggers (or sellers) by paying for their cheap and nasty products.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

• Replies 144
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone seen those dreadful "look-a-like" repro 45s on eBay from a seller called amnesiarecords? They also have a website www.amnesiarecords.co.uk

I'm not sure if they are vinyl pressings or dub plates but they certainly aren't legal and I hope people don't buy them. The seller claims they are limited editions (500 copies) and his supplier is someone whose e-mail address is davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net

Please consider the rights of artists, writers, producers and copyright owners and don't support bootleggers (or sellers) by paying for their cheap and nasty products.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Paul

there's already a thread on here somewhere about these dip-sh*t boots. Let's hope nobody buys them and the seller is in debt to the pressers, who should know better.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Had a thread about this guy a while back, lotsa people mailed him to complain about em. Dodgy character. Link to his own site was closed cos of his 'dubious tastes in girls' :angry:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

These are all very nice sentiments but isn't it a bit hypocritical coming from a scene where people have always bought bootleg records & certain cds where the rights haven't been sort, surely this is just one more person doing the same thing.

Simon :thumbsup:

P.S. I won't be buying any though! :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Paul, this actually came up on here a couple of weeks ago, as others have mentioned. Several of us have reported him to eBay for selling bootlegs. If I find out who's behind the "House For Sale" boots especially, I will sit on him, and I'm not the sylph like lad I used to be back in the day so he will know he's been sat on!

TONE :thumbsup:

PS: Since typing this I've just been onto eBay and reported another ten of his items as bootlegs. I thought that they were supposed to suspend people who blatantly trade in illicit goods but it seems that eBay don't give a flying fcuk about 'em. However I shall keep on bombarding them with reports about his illegal trading activities as long as this cnut keeps listing these shoddy fake 45s up, or until some action is taken by eBay.. Hope some others will care to join me...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Paul, this actually came up on here a couple of weeks ago, as others have mentioned. Several of us have reported him to eBay for selling bootlegs. If I find out who's behind the "House For Sale" boots especially, I will sit on him, and I'm not the sylph like lad I used to be back in the day so he will know he's been sat on!

PS: SInce typing this I've just been onto eBay and reported another ten of his items as bootlegs. I thought that they were supposed tosuspend people who blatantly trade in illicit goods but it seems that eBay don't give a flying fcuk about 'em. However I shall keep on bombarding them with reports about his illegal trading activities as long as this cnut keeps listing these shoddy fake 45s up, or until some action is taken by eBay.. Hope some others will care to join me...

Tone,

Might have told you before, but Ebay were quick to suspend me when my daughter listed a fake Chanel purse!! Took me a month to get back on.

Al

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Could and should have added that Millie J. now knows about the "House For Sale" 45 and is not best pleased that someone is chiselling her out of royalties that are rightfully hers...

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Emailed the guy asked did he do wholesale this was his reply.

Not personally. If you contact davidjonesrecords@fsmail.net, they can advise if and when this title will be aavailable. I currently only have test pressings

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

Could and should have added that Millie J. now knows about the "House For Sale" 45 and is not best pleased that someone is chiselling her out of royalties that are rightfully hers...

Not condoning this but playing devils advocat, how much would she lose out on on say a 500 run that probably wont all sell? Can you still purchase a "HFS" 45 legally with royalties onforwarded to her. What about her record label doing a legal reissue, obviously there is/was some demand for it, why didnt they pre-empt this situ.

Maybe one of the purchasers of the dodgy one will begin to trawl her catalogue. And all this cafuffle is at least some promotion for Ms Jackson.

As said just an alternate take, and no wont be buying one, (bought it 1st time round)

danny

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not condoning this but playing devils advocat, how much would she lose out on on say a 500 run that probably wont all sell? Can you still purchase a "HFS" 45 legally with royalties onforwarded to her. What about her record label doing a legal reissue, obviously there is/was some demand for it, why didnt they pre-empt this situ.

Maybe one of the purchasers of the dodgy one will begin to trawl her catalogue. And all this cafuffle is at least some promotion for Ms Jackson.

As said just an alternate take, and no wont be buying one, (bought it 1st time round)

danny

I work for "her record label", who own the masters of all of Millie's Spring recordings, and who pay her royaties in a timely and scrupulous manner, unlike the thieving git who pays her not a penny and who has probably mastered his bootleg off of one of our CDs anyway.

Doesn't matter if he sells one copy or a million copies, he has no right to deprive Millie of a single penny of what is righfully hers.

'This kerfuffle' is not promotion for Millie, or for Ace's extensive catalogue of Millie Jackson CD reissues, it's only promoting the size of this cnut's bank account. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

I should mention, too, that this twat is selling bootleg copies of Otis Redding's "Loving By The Pound" - a track that was never released on anything at all until it was discovered by my boss nearly 30 years after Otis passed, on a tape in the vaults of the nowadays owners of Stax Records. It was first put out by Ace on a CD, and has never been licensed out for reissue by anyone. Especially not the person who's bootlegged it.

You do have a point when you say "why don't record companies pre-empt these bootlegs with reissues of their own". Via Kent., Ace does occasionally issue batches of Northern-related 45s but the sad fact is that people would often still rather buy a shoddy bootleg, pressed on crap vinyl and with an obviously counterfeited US label, than a properly remastered, direct from the original mastertape and with royalties paid to the artist and songwriter, copy on a legitimate UK pressing. More fool them , of course, but the market isn;t always big enough to sustain a legal reissue once a bootlegger's been in there and done his business.

However, after the event it may be, but I'm going to go into work today and suggest that we do a legit reissue of "House", with the instrumental version on the flip that I was recently involved in the creation and mixdown of...

TONE yes.gif

PS to souladequate - yes, as I've said before on here in a thread devoted to it, Millie does know about 'Harold Melvin', she's heard it and thought it was both audacious and hilarious, but again she wasn't actually pleased about it.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Frank Popp should be honoured Pete that someone actually must like his stuff enough to want to boot it laugh.gif

Well he and the Unique lable could well be as I've just informed them.

Knowing some of the band and the lable and knowing the stories to the faces (kids, mortgage, economic situation in Germany presently etc pp ) I hope that the bootlegger gets his balls in the mangle, the swine!

Social source share

Rich,

Its got the GOLDSOUL logo on the page.

So... are GOLDSOUL in any way connected?

Sean

Who knows - But as Tony R pointed out it -

"It was first put out by Ace on a CD, and has never been licensed out for reissue by anyone. Especially not the person who's bootlegged it. "

It seems nothing is sacred when it comes to Ebay / Boot sellers. Some people should know better.

Rich

Social source share

I can't imagine why anybody would be interested in such tat.

I'd have a third reich style public burning of all this stuff.

I would even invite dealers to stop selling 're-issues', '2nd issues' etc;

but then again I am a detective chief inspector in the aaaargh.... soul police...

flog me, flog me...

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I can't imagine why anybody would be interested in such tat.

I'd have a third reich style public burning of all this stuff.

but then again I am a detective chief inspector in the aaaargh.... soul police...

flog me, flog me...

The world needs more people like you, Macca laugh.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

flog me, flog me...

I feel exactely the same, surley any one selling these are breaking the law, so why is it only the ebay scum that get a flagging for it????

Im pretty sure its not hard to source where such reocrd come from is it if every ones selling them or do these so called lookalikes of recent times fall from the sky, it all smacks of hypocrticy...............take the booters out give them a right good shoe-in, hell it might even help sales of proper records..........think about it

Rant over ph34r.gif

Social source share

it's very easy to be taken in though. remember those lou pride repros on suemi?

we had firm assurances that they were legit reissues. sometimes it's difficult.

is there a failsafe method in order to determine whether they are legit issues or not?

one thing is a bonafide uk release on a recognisable major label, another is a lookalike job on a long dormant US label, for example. I often wonder...

macca

Social source share

What link - it goes to an under construction home page and the you click reissue 45's but no link to anything????

I feel exactely the same, surley any one selling these are breaking the law, so why is it only the ebay scum that get a flagging for it????

Im pretty sure its not hard to source where such reocrd come from is it if every ones selling them or do these so called lookalikes of recent times fall from the sky, it all smacks of hypocrticy...............take the booters out give them a right good shoe-in, hell it might even help sales of proper records..........think about it

Rant over ph34r.gif

Baz if you don't know where most of these come from you must be the only one who doesn't...

Social source share

What link - it goes to an under construction home page and the you click reissue 45's but no link to anything????

Baz if you don't know where most of these come from you must be the only one who doesn't...

I've got a good idea, not the place to say it here due to legal issues, but i'll PM you and you can tell me if im correct or not.

So it comes to my question again why is notheing ever done about it? every one moans all the time about bootlegging but it just gets swept under the carpet :)

Social source share

Who knows - But as Tony R pointed out it -

"It was first put out by Ace on a CD, and has never been licensed out for reissue by anyone. Especially not the person who's bootlegged it. "

It seems nothing is sacred when it comes to Ebay / Boot sellers. Some people should know better.

Rich

This situation seems to be getting worse and there are at least 4 people regularly selling photo copied boots of originals on Ebay. And they are always done in "limited numbers" as if that justifies it. Ripping off is ripping off whatever the numbers.

Re the Otis Redding french copies. I ordered something (not a boot) a while back off the Ebay seller and it came from Gold Soul. Have been thinking for a while that they have been getting more and more uncaring about what they do.

Are Ace concerned enough to take on people bootlegging tracks that they own the rights too?

Ace against KRL, now thats a contest that I would buy a ringside seat for!! :)

Social source share

Guest Trevski

On his ebay adds last time we discussed him, if you clicked on the amnesia logo, it opened his home page where he had lots of pics of 14yr old girls on his 'favorites' list. He has wisely for him, removed this link now.

the old thread was here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...c=35771&hl=

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...I can't respond directly to Mormar44's posting for some reason, but I can assure him that - even though it's not always a matter of public record - Ace is always working on nailing people who not only steal the company's owned repertoire, but also its audio (i.e. the source material that the bootlegs are mastered from). 9 times out of 10 we get to the root of the problem and shut the bootlegger down - not just for soul, but for all the types of music that the company owns catalogue on - but the problem we're always facing is that it's like a hydra, you cut one head off and another three grow in its place.

However, we're always firmly committed to putting a lid on this sort of thing and always will be...

TONE :)

Social source share

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

theres always someone who wants to run a do and dj without paying there dues as it were, no wonder i cant sell originals at the right price!! who wants to collet fakes!!!
Social source share

I agree with the point someone made earlier in the thread about legally re-issuing stuff, the reason these bootleggers are able to thrive is because they're exploiting a gap in the market.

These tunes are obviously sought after so need to be legally issued on 45s.

Simon

Social source share

...I can't respond directly to Mormar44's posting for some reason, but I can assure him that - even though it's not always a matter of public record - Ace is always working on nailing people who not only steal the company's owned repertoire, but also its audio (i.e. the source material that the bootlegs are mastered from). 9 times out of 10 we get to the root of the problem and shut the bootlegger down - not just for soul, but for all the types of music that the company owns catalogue on - but the problem we're always facing is that it's like a hydra, you cut one head off and another three grow in its place.

However, we're always firmly committed to putting a lid on this sort of thing and always will be...

TONE :lol:

Tony, (with my tongue firmly positioned in my cheek) what are you going to do if some henious b****** posts up the 'Millie J' or 'Otis R' tune on this forum ?? :lol::):lol:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

I've got a good idea, not the place to say it here due to legal issues, but i'll PM you and you can tell me if im correct or not.

So it comes to my question again why is notheing ever done about it? every one moans all the time about bootlegging but it just gets swept under the carpet :)

===========

Why are there legal implications in naming this person? If said person is doing something illegal and its a proven fact, can't see why there should be a problem. If said person isn't doing anything illegal, or there is no hard evidence then I could see a problem. Can someone clear this up, is what we're reading conjecture or fact?

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Tony, (with my tongue firmly positioned in my cheek) what are you going to do if some henious b****** posts up the 'Millie J' or 'Otis R' tune on this forum ?? :lol::):lol:

bogue

go and read the refosoul info page and guide page and you will see one of the aims apart from the refosoul being a clip reference is to increase artist awareness and encourage sales

in the final/later version each track will feature info and a link to cd/other media availbility which hopefully will encourage sales

no tracks can be downloaded direct and all members are asked to avoid uploading tracks which are offically released and clip if possible

the forum does encode every track automatically to a lot lesser than cd mp3 format before making it available and all tracks submitted will be peroidically clipped

feel the final setup does satisty legal copyright issues however if any label/company does expresses concern will look and will do best to resolve

thanks

mike

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I agree with the point someone made earlier in the thread about legally re-issuing stuff, the reason these bootleggers are able to thrive is because they're exploiting a gap in the market.

These tunes are obviously sought after so need to be legally issued on 45s.

Simon

Ah, but they're NOT exploiting a gap in the market. All of "These Tunes" are widely available on CDs that should comfortably fill any such 'gap', rather than filling the bank accounts of thieves via some spurious illegal pressings.

None of the tunes that Amnesia Records is selling are so rare that anyone really 'needs' to own them on 45s, especially given the fact that most can be bought on CD, in superb sound, for not a lot more thatn the price of a bootleg 45.

Let me just tell you that it's nigh on impossible to make money on the legitimate reissue of a northern soul 45, unless you own the copyright in the sound recording. You have to pay the owner of the master, who has in turn to pay artist and songwriter royalties You then have to pay a mastering engineer to create a master of releasable quality. You also have to pay a legitimate pressing plant to make the 45. You have to pay for your labels, you have to pay for your sleeves - and so it goes. The bootlegger pays nobody except the pressing plant - he's usually ripped off the label design from an original record and, if he's mastering from CDs, all the other work is already one for him.

He probably can turn a vast profit on a run of 500 45s - which is below the average sale for Kent's TOWN prefix 45s but not by much - as his overheads are so low. Kent's are not so low, unfortunately, and thus we've really got to be sure that we're on a 'can't lose' horse before we back it. If we license in a track from, say, Motown, we'd probably need to sell around 2000 copies to make it worth anyone's while doing so (including the people who have to get clearances sorted out and raise paperwork that makes it all official),

Believe me when I tell you that the market for thes kind of 45s is not anywhere near 2000 customers...

Putting out a 45 is not just a matter of waking up one morning and saying "let's put this out on a single for a couple of hundred possible customers (and their dog) who might buy it". If it was, Ace would be putting out about 30 singles a week. However pure our feelings are to the music we love, we still have to eat, and losing money on limited runs of specialist 45s is not high on our list of weekly priorities - nice though it probably is for the unenlightened soul fan to imagine it to be...

Social source share

Ah, but they're NOT exploiting a gap in the market. All of "These Tunes" are widely available on CDs that should comfortably fill any such 'gap', rather than filling the bank accounts of thieves via some spurious illegal pressings.

None of the tunes that Amnesia Records is selling are so rare that anyone really 'needs' to own them on 45s, especially given the fact that most can be bought on CD, in superb sound, for not a lot more thatn the price of a bootleg 45.

That's the whole point though Tony, people don't want them on CDs they want them on vinyl & these bootleggers know this, that's why they're selling them & filling a gap in the market.

Let me just tell you that it's nigh on impossible to make money on the legitimate reissue of a northern soul 45, unless you own the copyright in the sound recording. You have to pay the owner of the master, who has in turn to pay artist and songwriter royalties You then have to pay a mastering engineer to create a master of releasable quality. You also have to pay a legitimate pressing plant to make the 45. You have to pay for your labels, you have to pay for your sleeves - and so it goes. The bootlegger pays nobody except the pressing plant - he's usually ripped off the label design from an original record and, if he's mastering from CDs, all the other work is already one for him.

He probably can turn a vast profit on a run of 500 45s - which is below the average sale for Kent's TOWN prefix 45s but not by much - as his overheads are so low. Kent's are not so low, unfortunately, and thus we've really got to be sure that we're on a 'can't lose' horse before we back it. If we license in a track from, say, Motown, we'd probably need to sell around 2000 copies to make it worth anyone's while doing so (including the people who have to get clearances sorted out and raise paperwork that makes it all official),

Believe me when I tell you that the market for thes kind of 45s is not anywhere near 2000 customers...

Putting out a 45 is not just a matter of waking up one morning and saying "let's put this out on a single for a couple of hundred possible customers (and their dog) who might buy it". If it was, Ace would be putting out about 30 singles a week. However pure our feelings are to the music we love, we still have to eat, and losing money on limited runs of specialist 45s is not high on our list of weekly priorities - nice though it probably is for the unenlightened soul fan to imagine it to be...

I appreciate all that Tony & i can see exactly where you are coming from but at the end of the day there are peeps like myself who don't buy cds & who only want the things on vinyl, now myself i will search & save for the original 45 but if there was a legal re-issue released with good sound quality i would be more than happy with that cause the money would be going to the artist infact this would be better for the artist than buying an original issue as that money only goes to the seller.

Simon

Social source share

Guest Julian P

===========

Why are there legal implications in naming this person? If said person is doing something illegal and its a proven fact, can't see why there should be a problem. If said person isn't doing anything illegal, or there is no hard evidence then I could see a problem. Can someone clear this up, is what we're reading conjecture or fact?

Winnie:-)

Driza Bone - one of my releases from my Fourth & Broadway days - is up there. I'll forward the info to Universal's legal dept.

Social source share

Have you all checked out this persons website?????Majestics, Tony Galla, Herb Ward RCA, and the list goes on! all fake, all bootlegs, i reckon whoever is behind this is simply sticking two fingers up to not only the legal implications but also to the scene in general, it matters very little to me personally as i never subscribe to these type of records...sorry that's an insult to records because these are not in the true sense of the word.

I would suggest that these are not being pressed in the UK as i'm sure the likes of Tony/Ace etc. could with a little digging trace the source in the UK, I bet my Majestics Linda Demo that these are being made in the USA via a UK connection, as for Ebay well they as Tony pointed out don't give a toss do they? they just coin in the fees and f*** the rules and guidlines they claim to set out, having said that if people did'nt buy these records then that would simply shut these fuckers down.

Still bootlegs have gone hand in hand with this scene since pretty much it's inception......still that don't make it right does it? never has and never will in my book.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Have you all checked out this persons website?????Majestics, Tony Galla, Herb Ward RCA, and the list goes on! all fake, all bootlegs, i reckon whoever is behind this is simply sticking two fingers up to not only the legal implications but also to the scene in general, it matters very little to me personally as i never subscribe to these type of records...sorry that's an insult to records because these are not in the true sense of the word.

I would suggest that these are not being pressed in the UK as i'm sure the likes of Tony/Ace etc. could with a little digging trace the source in the UK, I bet my Majestics Linda Demo that these are being made in the USA via a UK connection, as for Ebay well they as Tony pointed out don't give a toss do they? they just coin in the fees and f*** the rules and guidlines they claim to set out, having said that if people did'nt buy these records then that would simply shut these fuckers down.

Still bootlegs have gone hand in hand with this scene since pretty much it's inception......still that don't make it right does it? never has and never will in my book.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I'll wage againt that Mark, dont be so sure its not hard at all to work out where all the 'lookalikes' come from, and it is solely UK based and very, very connected with the scene, how ever i do agree that some will come in from the USA.

Win as to your question its fairly common knowlage as to where these come from, how ever for me (or any one) to name them on a public forum i could be faced with not only a letter through my door, but a letter through mikes door too, as i have no hard proof, hell i could proberly pose as a dealer and go through the motions and record the whole deal on tape....always fancied being a undercover detective :lol: i could post the facts, but going up against these people takes alot of time and money two of the things that is lacking at the moment for me :)

Social source share

I'll wage againt that Mark, dont be so sure its not hard at all to work out where all the 'lookalikes' come from, and it is solely UK based and very, very connected with the scene, how ever i do agree that some will come in from the USA.

Win as to your question its fairly common knowlage as to where these come from, how ever for me (or any one) to name them on a public forum i could be faced with not only a letter through my door, but a letter through mikes door too, as i have no hard proof, hell i could proberly pose as a dealer and go through the motions and record the whole deal on tape....always fancied being a undercover detective :lol: i could post the facts, but going up against these people takes alot of time and money two of the things that is lacking at the moment for me :)

Point taken Baz, but if it's so easy to work out the source of these and who is behind them then why the need for this thread???? i guess we all have an idea of who is behind this but as ever some people think they are untouchable connected with this scene, if people feel strongly about this and have some information then should this not be passed on to the correct bodies i.e. the BPI, MCPS and all the record companies concerned such as Ace who have the right to seek litigation if they so desire, i suspect nothing will happen on this one and the protaganist will be left to ply their trade and continue to suck every last penny out of this practice and in the end the scene.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Point taken Baz, but if it's so easy to work out the source of these and who is behind them then why the need for this thread???? i guess we all have an idea of who is behind this but as ever some people think they are untouchable connected with this scene, if people feel strongly about this and have some information then should this not be passed on to the correct bodies i.e. the BPI, MCPS and all the record companies concerned such as Ace who have the right to seek litigation if they so desire, i suspect nothing will happen on this one and the protaganist will be left to ply their trade and continue to suck every last penny out of this practice and in the end the scene.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I completely agree Mark my arugument is these threads keep popping up about another ebay seller selling boots,............... so............ so does nearly every dealer in the country :) its quite laughable really, people are quick to knock a ebay seller they dont know, but its the people making and distributing them that are the real crooks, ok these home made boots are summin else along with people trying to pass off boots as the real deal, come on show me your b****cks and do summin about it

Social source share

I completely agree Mark my arugument is these threads keep popping up about another ebay seller selling boots,............... so............ so does nearly every dealer in the country :) its quite laughable really, people are quick to knock a ebay seller they dont know, but its the people making and distributing them that are the real crooks, ok these home made boots are summin else along with people trying to pass off boots as the real deal, come on show me your b****cks and do summin about it

Nice one Baz....lol as i said i don't personally subscibe to these type of records, people have tried to take on bootleggers before and failed as i say it's always been there and i take your point regarding these 45's not just being sold via Ebay oh and i have no desire to do anything about it as again repeating myself it has nothing to do with the way i collect, i have nothing to gain by getting involved where as the likes of Tony/Ace etc. do and i'm sure they will follow up any solid leads that come there way, may i suggest we keep our bollocks out of this lol, nice one respect!

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Baz, my e-mail address is tony.rounce@acerecords.co.uk and if you or anyone else who knows for sure who's behind these wants to drop me an e-mail naming names, it will be treated with the utmost confidence and never mentioned within the constraints of this particular public forum again. You have my word on that...

TONE :lol:

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Speaking from my point of view, many of my music I try to get legally, which includes music downloads (e.g. iTunes). Sometimes it's not until afterwards that my purchase was a bootleg. THAT'S when I get upset because of the after-purchase deception (which is why I don't really frequent eBay anymore). Also, I, like many, scoffed at the prices for Import CDs (just purchased a couple recently online), but I'd rather spend the money (after saving little by little) than getting a bootleg because at least I know I am getting an official product.

Now as for record shows, I am a frequent visitor as well as the record shops that sell vinyl. So is that to say that record shops shouldn't remain open and record shows be abolished, even though there are some that make an HONEST living not selling boots?

Social source share

Social source share

Rich,

Its got the GOLDSOUL logo on the page.

So... are GOLDSOUL in any way connected?

Sean

Yesmanone is (one of) Goldmine/Goldsoul's eBay presences. They also sell off their deleted CD stock on eBay at less than the wholesale price: one of the reasons I stopped buying wholesale from them :thumbsup: to resell via the These Old Shoes web site.

Social source share

Win as to your question its fairly common knowlage as to where these come from, how ever for me (or any one) to name them on a public forum i could be faced with not only a letter through my door, but a letter through mikes door too, as i have no hard proof, hell i could proberly pose as a dealer and go through the motions and record the whole deal on tape....always fancied being a undercover detective :thumbsup: i could post the facts, but going up against these people takes alot of time and money two of the things that is lacking at the moment for me :thumbsup:

===============

That's why I asked about legal implications being a problem. There's a few posts on this thread that imply the culprit is known, but if that were the case something would have been done about it. So basically, it's conjecture. Thats not condoning what's happening, it's clearly wrong, but the persons or peoples in question don't seem to be hiding their trail particularly well, yet still nothing is done. Begs the question is what they are doing illegal?

Win

I think earlier in the thread someone stated that selling is'nt illegal its the manufacture that is. That would explain why certain people are openly selling them as it is probably much harder to prove where the original source is.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert