Info Please

Guest Bearsy

Hi all,

does anyone have any info on this tune for me, ie- cost, label, availability etc,

Dickie Wonder - Nobody knows

thanks in advance,

Bearsy :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't help with prices but there are three releases that I know of:

1. Sound of soul label - with girl backing singers

2. Sound of soul label - No backing singers

3. Golden triangle label - No backing singers - this is a second issue (legit) as far as I know released in the 70's as part of the 'free angela' campaign in the USA. Angela being someone they wanted to get outta jail rather than give away with the 45 :)

Sure someone will give you current prices on them :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike B

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Nov 12 2006, 12:02 AM) link
Can't help with prices but there are three releases that I know of:

1. Sound of soul label - with girl backing singers

2. Sound of soul label - No backing singers

3. Golden triangle label - No backing singers - this is a second issue (legit) as far as I know released in the 70's as part of the 'free angela' campaign in the USA. Angela being someone they wanted to get outta jail rather than give away with the 45 laugh.gif

Sure someone will give you current prices on them shades.gif

Cheers

Mike B

The release with girl backing is distributed by Cameo Parkway. Expect to pay around £350 or more. Touch less for release without girl backing. Have seen Golden Triangle all prices, £150, £200, £250.....all down to demand and what someone willing to pay I suppose. Also on the Free Angela lp.....have seen for £50 or so.

Anyone got mp3 of the one with girl backing.

Social source share

Thanks to you all for your advice and knowledge its much appreciated, :)

If one does become available im now not sure which one i prefer, female backers or not, :thumbsup: saying that it would be nice to have the choice

Bearsy

Social source share

This is no word of a lie, about 3 months ago I bought this on Golden Triangle off a UK based record shop website - for £10 where it was listed as a reissue. Sold it on my list the day it arrived, I kept thinking they weren't going to send it!

You lucky boy Pete,

just been offered the very same for an awful lot of money but to be honest i would prefer a Sounds of soul one.

its nice when you find something like that after all the hours you spend trawling through websites/shops etc with not much success, it is a re-issue after all but one with a good value that they was`nt aware of,

Did it sell on ok with a bit of a profit no doubt.

that never happens to me like that but i have had some good value purchases recently so maybe soon my luck may change.

Bearsy

Social source share

You lucky boy Pete,

just been offered the very same for an awful lot of money but to be honest i would prefer a Sounds of soul one.

its nice when you find something like that after all the hours you spend trawling through websites/shops etc with not much success, it is a re-issue after all but one with a good value that they was`nt aware of,

Did it sell on ok with a bit of a profit no doubt.

that never happens to me like that but i have had some good value purchases recently so maybe soon my luck may change.

Bearsy

Yeah I sold it for 125 or 150 quid, can't remember. But if I were you I'd seriously consider buying that version, it's just as good.

Social source share

Yeah I sold it for 125 or 150 quid, can't remember. But if I were you I'd seriously consider buying that version, it's just as good.

Nice when that happens Pete,

i was offered one on that version in m- condition for £350, id pay £150 but i would want the original for that kind of money,

is that the version with the female backing singers as i would prefer that one but with or without its still a cracking tune.

cheers again Pete

Bearsy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert