• Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That's a really nice track!

Cheers,

It`s quite recent ( last year if I remeber rightly)and taken from a cd titled "Naturally" on Daptone lablel. They also put a few 45`s out from same cd but Ime not sure if that was one of them.

If your intrested there are copies on Amazon UK

New it`s a bit pricey but used ones are cheapish

Trev

Edited by Neece
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

watch your close friend, girl - gloria bouschell - mercury d.j. 243

11358 refosoul

Probably not everyones cup of tea, but a nice track none-the-less.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Get on up and do it, baby (try it, you'll like it) - marie adams & the three tons of joy featured with the johnny otis show - command performance records 121

11360 refosoul

Funky Soul written by Johnny Otis.

Social source share

Some more info & a nice video of "How Long" on the Daptone website on this link.

https://www.daptonerecords.com/pages/stable_sharon.html#

Love Sharon Jones :thumbsup: Haven't got a full soundbyte but try her version of Janet Jackson's What Have You Done For Me Lately https://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/med...c=1&track=3

It was one of the early Daptone vinyl releases. I read somewhere on the Daptone website that Sharon Jones actually wrote WHYDFML and recorded it in the late 60's but didn't know if it was a spoof as those tinkers at Daptone have been known to have a bit of a laugh now and again

Also love her version of What Condition

Edited by richard
Social source share

Cheers,

It`s quite recent ( last year if I remeber rightly)and taken from a cd titled "Naturally" on Daptone lablel. They also put a few 45`s out from same cd but Ime not sure if that was one of them.

Trev

I am surprised its so new....I will check it out thanks

Ian :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers,

Trev

Here ya go, for sale at Juno records https://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/163558-01.htm

post-664-1163275612_thumb.jpg

Edited by miff
Social source share

"Strange Feeling" - sugarpie de santo - jasman 45

11368 refosoul

this is the flip of the Jasman 45 "Git Back".....which i'm listing on e-bay at the moment..proceeds will go to the artist via Jesse (kidinquisitive)..(a clip of "Git back" is on Jesses auction of the lp)..see posts on the topic elsewhere.....please bid to help the artist...Thanks Jim B.

Social source share

:):thumbsup: Wondered how long it would be before y'all started to get funky with you're bad selfs, but stop playing safe, go on, let's see how low and gritty and hardcore you lot can go with your collections, if i knew how to post toons meself, i would join in, but for now, i will keep enjoying all soul music, Del xx
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert