Ebay - When Something Isn't What It's Made Out To Be

macca

Hi all,

I made my first duff Ebay purchase in 5 years this week. the item in question was listed 'Check Scan 100% original great oldie'. I bid for the record (nobody else did :thumbsup: ) & won it. the record arrived yesterday & I stuck it on the deck as pleased as punch. then whilst trawling through JM's list I decided to check the record out. it turns out I've bought a boot. the original is considerably different to the thing I've bought. I feel gutted. I have contacted the seller, but so far no word. ho-hum...I guess the moral of the story is to always double check a record's 'lineage'. what would you do in these circumstances?

Mac.

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all,

I made my first duff Ebay purchase in 5 years this week. the item in question was listed 'Check Scan 100% original great oldie'. I bid for the record (nobody else did :thumbsup: ) & won it. the record arrived yesterday & I stuck it on the deck as pleased as punch. then whilst trawling through JM's list I decided to check the record out. it turns out I've bought a boot. the original is considerably different to the thing I've bought. I feel gutted. I have contacted the seller, but so far no word. ho-hum...I guess the moral of the story is to always double check a record's 'lineage'. what would you do in these circumstances?

Mac.

if you paid with paypal cant you claim your money back. ? just a thought

Social source share

Don't go in there with all guns blazing. :thumbsup:

I would use the gentle aproach and tell the seller that you are not happy with the goods and want to return them for a full refund,do it via ebay so that the message is logged and all official like,also check their returns policy and keep within any time limits.

If all this fails then go for the jugular thru paypal,hope this helps,John... :lol:

Social source share

If he says it was an original and it turns out to be a bootleg he has no alternative to refund your money, he's lied! Put a claim in via paypal and also contact ebay about the fact he's sold you a counterfeit...worked for me last week when someone did the same. Oh, and threaten him with tradings standards as well. Not from Yorkshire is he?

Social source share

Hi all,

Mac.

Hi Macca,

Sorry to hear that you appear to have been mislead, I think I can safefully say that most of us have been there in this same situation especially in cases where the boot is so much alike the original, I suppose we can all learn from this so although I don't expect you to name the dealer this early in the negotiations maybe if you tell us the record and the differences between your copy and the boot wecan make sure we don't make a similar

mistake. Always bear in mind the dealer may not know that it was a bootleg.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Hi all,

Mac.

what was the record?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'm in spain mate. perhaps you could go for me. :P

can do, should I take,

a/ blow torch

b/ 2lb club hammer

c/ pliers

d/ a couple of big, strapping lads

e/ bunch of flowers/'get well soon' card

f/ all of the above??

:thumbsup::)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I still have faith in humanity I'm afraid. I'd like to think it's all been a horrendous mistake. he has 100% feedback. I think he's made a mistake, in fact I'm sure of it. who would jeopardise a track record of 392 transactions over twenty frigging quid?

macca.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I still have faith in humanity I'm afraid. I'd like to think it's all been a horrendous mistake. he has 100% feedback. I think he's made a mistake, in fact I'm sure of it. who would jeopardise a track record of 392 transactions over twenty frigging quid?

macca.

probably. He must have known it was booted tho' as he did say '100% original', which implies he is aware of boots, so why didn't he check? Just send it back, and ask nicely for a refund, after all, as you say, its only £20, hardly worth ripping you off for :thumbsup:

Social source share

guy came back to me. gonna refund my dish. all a terrible mistake. he bought the record off a dealer in the 70's as a bonafide original, didn't think to double check before sticking it on ebay. could happen to anybody I guess. all's well that ends well...

M

Edited by macca
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert