Lou Courtney - Let Me Be The One???

Hi all, this may have been aired before but any info would be appreciated. I recently came across a Riverside boot of Lou Courtney, purporting to be 'Me And You (Doing The Boogaloo)' backed with 'If The Shoe Fits'. (A proper copy of 'If The Shoe Fits' is on Popside, backed with 'It's Love Now'.) I've seen a number of blue issues of this boot, but this was a white demo. And the tracks were actualy two versions (possibly by different artists) of something that I think is called 'Let Me Be The One'. I can't find any reference to this title anywhere, except one short comment, somewhere, that it may originally have been a 70s LP track. It's actually quite a decent northern dancer.
Thanks in advance,
John
Edited by John Moffatt
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

John, I think this is the song called ' I'll let it be you'..2 x versions which i think are Karl Evans/ Louise Lewis..both legit tracks on Skyway..this strange WD release i think is related to the bootlegs which came on the Skyway but seems to be quite scarce..I asked a similar question some years back and Ian Dewhirst said he had some info on it re Simon Soussan?..that info never materialised..i suspect it sneaked out as a mis press about the same time in late 74 early 75..

Social source share

22 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Karl Evans is Arin Demain apparently.

Dx

Sounds as if it could be Dave. I have to say that Arin Demain is far more appealing as a name than Karl - leave Chalky out if it! Silent Treatment is one of my favourite oldies.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

And mine - perhaps THE favourite. Though I DO love Miss LL (a real record for when you're massively over-cooked) - one I won't sell. 

Anyone know where it was first played - the boss couldn't remember.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

I'm sure that Miss LL''s was played at Wigan I can recall it being hammered one night '75 along with the instrumental by Music Box .

As far as i know there are at least 4 versions

Louise Lewis (backed with Matches) dark blue Skyway original

Karl Evans/Music Box  vocal/instrumental  yellow Skyway  never seen an original of this so guess its a boot

Louise Lewis (backed with Matches) light blue Skyway boot

Louise Lewis/Karl Evans  light blue Skyway  boot

Anyone know if an original of Music Box exists or was it a SS 'special' like the Modern things

Miles Grayson was the producer he's responsible for a few northern tunes. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert