Help in Identifying record .

Fishdockroad

Hoping that I've posted in the right area here? Listening to a Mixcloud mix entitled 'In the modern room volume 14' and there is a record that is new to me that I cant identify. I've done all the usual stuff like guessing the title and searching, posting the lyrics into google but so far no joy !! Mainly male vocalist but female backing comes in at the chorus and hopefully if I post the lyrics someone might recognise it. Thanks for any help as its driving me mad !!

Sitting all alone, by the telephone .... Baby!

You've got me wondering what to do, ever since you , up and you and left me.

I was such a fool.... treated you so cruel. Now its my time to beg and that's why I'm here to say

I'm begging please, Baby please, have some sympathy, Oh baby please,please I'm down on my knees have some sympathy for a fool like me.

I've learnt my lesson and I'm counting my blessing till you come back to me. And there will be no need, no need to beg and plead for your sympathy. i have ????? i'm a brand new guy theres nothing left for me to do if i dont get back to you etc etc.

If I had to guess I'd say title was either

'Begging please, Baby please' or 'Have some sympathy' something along those lines.

Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

12 minutes ago, Fishdockroad said:

Thanks Pete, I'm looking at them now lol. Anyone know what year it's from as it doesn't seem to say on the label and I cant find details anywhere else other than it being quite big in the 80's ?

I would say mid 70's. Think it was a Mecca spin too. From memory Steve Mannion spun it at CH. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert