James Walsh Gypsy Band - Lp Vs. 45

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

can someone tell me if the lp mix of cuz it´s you girl is any different to the 45 (in length or sound)? i only have the 45... smile.gif

thx,

grooveop

Dont know,sold me LP..........should have chekced blush.gif rest of the albums is a no no tho` whistling.gif

Social source share

wow, that was fast. thx for info.

hmmm, thought about getting rid of my 45 and buy the album, get some xtra tracks tolisten and some extra cash to spent on my next vacation... but if the rest isn´t any good maybe i should give it a second thought...

Social source share

There are at least 4 other good tracks on the LP. Not northern or soul perhaps, but if you're into soul-influenced pop, you should be able to find some good stuff on there. And considering that the LP can be picked up for $10 or less, it's not much of a gamble to pick it up and try it.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

There are at least 4 other good tracks on the LP. Not northern or soul perhaps, but if you're into soul-influenced pop, you should be able to find some good stuff on there. And considering that the LP can be picked up for $10 or less, it's not much of a gamble to pick it up and try it.

Are you mad, :yes:

Social source share

yep, seb n sunny are right. theres several nice trax on the lp if ya like hall n oates type stuff ( i do). reference cuz it,s you girl, i depends on which 45 you have. the uk 45 plays the same version as the album, where as the usa one is edited by over half a minute.

best, bri

Social source share

yep, seb n sunny are right. theres several nice trax on the lp if ya like hall n oates type stuff ( i do). reference cuz it,s you girl, i depends on which 45 you have. the uk 45 plays the same version as the album, where as the usa one is edited by over half a minute.

best, bri

No he's not mad, there's another really good fingersnapping track on the LP with loads of appeal to the northern scene, "dont let go " or something like that (can't be arsed to dig it out) :thumbsup:

I`m sure i had a listen,me fingers never snap`d once. :)

Social source share

quote:" where as the usa one is edited by over half a minute."

i have the us stock copy, so at least i´ll get 30 sec more quality modern sound with the lp.

different opinions and tastes :) , that´s what it´s all about, thanks all for your thoughts. interesting enough, me thinks i´ll check it out for myself and give the lp a try, and watch my fingers and see whether they start snapping or stuffing my ears. i´ll let you know. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sure i saw a 45 go through ebay recently by "Gypsy" recenlty, titled 'cuz it's you girl', not on the R.C.A label. Went for around a ton. Is this a different version or an earlier/later pressing?

Many years ago I bought the white label test press of it off Adam (I think or it might have been Pat Brady) and all that was hand-written on it was 'Gypsy' & 'cuz it's you girl'; Adam alway used to introduce it as Gypsy

The group Gypsy turned into the James Walsh Gypsy Band in the 70's - I googled the name a few months ago and found a web site dedicated to the band, might still be there.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

so, now i got the LP. listened to the other tracks, no finger-snapping, i´m afraid. huh.gif 2-3 songs are kind of right direction, kind of nice, but just a little too popish for me... but anyway, i got the 30sec extra of "cuz it´s you girl", that´s cool, and my 45 of the track is up for sale now, so if interested check out in the sales-section. thx everybody! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert