Strangeloves Stomper Heard In Tv Advert

Guest NS101

A couple of weeks ago i nearly fell out of my chair when i heard the Strangeloves on a cider advert.

I'd class this as one of my all time favourite stompers, yet i dont think it ever got much if any plays at venues. Or did it?

Is it an unknown.

Will it now get a spin or has the advert killed it?

The disc came out on UK London and USA Bang.

I first heard this off an LP in 1974 and i remember seeing a London single in Reddingtons, Brum (RIP) around 1976 and priced at 40 quid. Too pricey for me so i left it.

Richard Domar

www.domarrecords.co.uk

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A couple of weeks ago i nearly fell out of my chair when i heard the Strangeloves on a cider advert.

I'd class this as one of my all time favourite stompers, yet i dont think it ever got much if any plays at venues. Or did it?

Is it an unknown.

Richard Domar

www.domarrecords.co.uk

Never heard of it being played at an NS doo Richard...in fact I hadn't heard it since the 60's but sad bugger that I am ID'd it straight away when a non-NS mate rang and asked me about it! I believe it actually came out as B-side to two different US 45's.

Hippo.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Is it an unknown.

I first heard this off an LP in 1974 and i remember seeing a London single in Reddingtons, Brum (RIP) around 1976 and priced at 40 quid. Too pricey for me so i left it.

Richard Domar

www.domarrecords.co.uk

Pretty sure it was on 'Nuggets' compilation album ('60s Garage band stuff) -that's whereI know it form anyway.

Social source share

Strangeloves who did I Want Candy and CaraLin

Tell you what tho`,i`m talkin` b****x or am i!!,have a look at me beacon albums later,there stuff is on imediat,pink things

Edited by ken
Social source share

Shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, but this wasn't played, most of the garage-y records played were a little more brassy i.e. Outsiders,and a little less "rocky" the exceptions being The Seeds "Pushing Too Hard" which to my knowledge wasn't played until the latter days of Wigan...

Waiting to be shot down.....

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Guest uroffal

...And as Gary U.R. Offall stated best known from Lenny Kayes "Nuggets" comp. which is where it should stay!

Good records in their field but, not SOUL!!!

I don't think it was ever played either Tony. Certainly ain't SOUL as you say. Bad enough some of the other 'garage' stuff that's been played without this getting an airing!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Like Mr. Smith, I'm pretty sure that "Night Time" has never been played on our scene.

However, "Shakey Jakes" on Sire by the same group - recorded and released as by "The Strange Bros. Show" - certainly had a couple of spins, I believe (although I've never actually heard it played out myself...)

TONE biggrin.gif

Social source share

...Like Mr. Smith, I'm pretty sure that "Night Time" has never been played on our scene.

However, "Shakey Jakes" on Sire by the same group - recorded and released as by "The Strange Bros. Show" - certainly had a couple of spins, I believe (although I've never actually heard it played out myself...)

TONE biggrin.gif

The last time i visited Middleton,Tone......couldnt believe it laugh.gif posted it up somewere,chekc my extentive clip libary whistling.gif its had a few listens too!!,they must be our deaf vewer`s,came out on uk polydor aswell,got it!!,got a sire one for £15 if anybody wants one,cant see it tho` tongue.gif

Social source share

How about "Watch The People Dance" released as by Giles Strange on BOOM. It's the same bunch of people who did that. Both sides on that 45 are superb.

Social source share

How about "Watch The People Dance" released as by Giles Strange on BOOM. It's the same bunch of people who did that. Both sides on that 45 are superb.

Not like this tho` :lol: ,i like the sheep,on boom :yes: .

Social source share

Is it an unknown.

Richard Domar

www.domarrecords.co.uk

I was going to ask about this record as well Richard , glad I know what it is now !! Thanks ,Eddie

Social source share

Is it true that the Bobby Fuller Four's "The Magic Touch" on Mustang was actually played at Wigan - or elsewhere on the scene - back in the 70's or was that a "myth" that arose because Melba Moore's unreleased version later became so popular ?

=======

yes bobby fuller was played at wigan,,for sure in 78,,may have been much earlier

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert