"The Record Players" Book

I came across this book today while looking for something else.

"The Record Players" is a book that came out in 2010. It features interviews with various DJ's from different era's and styles.

I hadn't come across this before and enjoyed reading the chapters on "Farmer" Carl Dene, Kev Roberts, Ian Levine and Ian Dewhirst. Kev and Ian being members on here.

I thought I'd post a link in case anyone fancies having a look.

Cheers

Kev Bod

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CCHy-FcMP1EC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes a good book.  The interviews are those for DJ History site when it was most active.  You may enjoy the earlier 'DJ saved my life' by the same authors and the recent book by Dave Haslam.

The USA early dance/soul DJs are very interesting too in the book.  Venues such as The Loft, Paradise Garage are legendary.  

If you haven't read it the Keith Rylatt book on Twisted Wheel is a vital addition to Record Players.

Good also to have such as Jeff Dexter properly interviewed in the book, I wish such as Guy Stevens, Steve Barrow and Count Suckle were in there too. Also later DJs such as Greg Edwards are interesting to read interviews with.

Edited by ThinkSmart
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!