New to the Scene and looking for advice

Guest gramfin

8 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Never ceases t amaze me how many times the lack of soul in so called northern soul records occurs is it because some people don't really understand soul music maybe they should go back to basics and start listening  to some commercial Motown ,the stuff we cut our teeth on  suppose Marvin's what's going on is out of the question

Yep, I guess you must be right. I dont really understand soul music. However, anyone who thinks that the record by The Sheep is Northern Soul, yet alone real soul, obviously understands less than me - and, honestly, I know fcuk all about anything. So that says something about you. 

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Never ceases t amaze me how many times the lack of soul in so called northern soul records occurs is it because some people don't really understand soul music maybe they should go back to basics and start listening  to some commercial Motown ,the stuff we cut our teeth on  suppose Marvin's what's going on is out of the question

Listening 2 the lyrics brings back memories of the banana splits ! 

Social source share

Guest Spain pete
30 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

One banana, two banana, three banana, four.................La, la, La,

Ot, o it's danger island.

:sweatingbullets: :thumbup:

I like ripe banana s de LA come and l wanna go home  think it was on the ric tic label

Social source share

14 hours ago, kempy said:

Hoping your well,will be in the City of CULTURE in August if not before(culture in Hull ?:D,never thought i'd say that)

Mike

You live in Burnley now so compared to that Hull is a city of culture...........one of the few places to make us look posh :lol:

Drop me a line when you are around in August might be able to catch you for a pint?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

15 hours ago, hornet said:

Nowt wrong with Ernie kept T. Rex's jeepster off  the U.K.s number 1 spot ! Snappy B side 2 !!

don't forget two ton ted from teddington , who drove the bakers van  , a stale pork pie caught him in the eye and and ernie bit the dust , classic lyrics :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest BabyBoyAndMyLass

I get it now, reading back it seems that The Sheep record was a spin at the Wheel back in the early days, that explains it!

Social source share

4 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Mike

You live in Burnley now so compared to that Hull is a city of culture...........one of the few places to make us look posh :lol:

Drop me a line when you are around in August might be able to catch you for a pint?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

As I don,t live in Burnley couldn,t agree more ( gonna have to be careful here as i,m dj'ing at Burnley Miners on the 18th lol) the road sign says i'm still in Gods Own County :thumbup:

Gonna be at Shauns wedding,so a beer sounds a good bet

Best

Mike

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!