Yvonne Baker Junior I Can't Change

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

Has anyone ever compared the Sensations Junior 1010 with Yvonne Baker Junior 1071

I've got 1071 if anyone could PM an Ex 1010 sound file, I'll compare on Samplitude.

Just had a listen and exactly the same take to my ears. Reckon it was 're-branded' to give Yvonne a push as an artist in her own right.

Could bring along a 1010 demo to the 100 Club tomorrow, though I'm sure your fine with David's mp3 .

:hatsoff2:- Kev

Social source share

On 02/12/2016 at 22:44, KevinKent said:

Just had a listen and exactly the same take to my ears. Reckon it was 're-branded' to give Yvonne a push as an artist in her own right.

Could bring along a 1010 demo to the 100 Club tomorrow, though I'm sure your fine with David's mp3 .

I thought the 1071 release is a 70's reissue!

1010 came out on two different label variations at the time of original release. 

Once as The Sensations featuring Yvonne Baker, and the other design has Yvonne Baker featuring The Sensations. 

Edited by Guest
Social source share

59 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

1010 came out on two different label variations at the time of original release. 

Once as The Sensations featuring Yvonne Baker, and the other design has Yvonne Baker featuring The Sensations. 

:g: Interesting.

I wasn't aware of the 1071 'Yvonne Baker & The Sensations' being a '70's reissue. The story I read was of a rapid name change to promote Yvonne as a solo artist.

I didn't know of the label variations of the 1010 copy either, but just a quick glance at YouTube brings them to light :thumbsup: unless one is a bootleg.

I have a 1010 white demo credited to ' The Sensations with Yvonne Baker'. The other 1010 appears to be credited to ' Yvonne Baker & The Sensations' - with 'The Sensations' being relegated to a substantially smaller font.

Social source share

13 hours ago, solidsoul said:

Thanks I didn't know about the 1010 as YB & The Sensations. I'll compare the different numbers when I remember to bring Kev's copy into work; doh!

Social source share

22 hours ago, KevinKent said:

:g: Interesting.

I wasn't aware of the 1071 'Yvonne Baker & The Sensations' being a '70's reissue. The story I read was of a rapid name change to promote Yvonne as a solo artist.

I didn't know of the label variations of the 1010 copy either, but just a quick glance at YouTube brings them to light :thumbsup: unless one is a bootleg.

I have a 1010 white demo credited to ' The Sensations with Yvonne Baker'. The other 1010 appears to be credited to ' Yvonne Baker & The Sensations' - with 'The Sensations' being relegated to a substantially smaller font.

The name change happened on the 1010 release.  Both variations of 1010 are originals, I have compared them both together, side by side.

Also some copies of 1010 are titled on the flip side as "Mend The Torn Pieces" while others are titled "Mend The Broken Pieces"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert