Flyers

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OUR FLYERS REALLY WORTH THE TIME I PUT A LOAD OUT AT THE LAST FEW VENUS AND THEY END SCATTERED AROUND THE FLOOR THEY MIGHT BE THE ODD 1 BEING PICKED UP IS IT WORTH ALL THE HASSEL WORD OF MOUTH IMO. BILLY

they should be on a table on the way in/out. Maybe all promoters should think of doing it this way?

Word of mouth does influence many but you have to get the info out there in the first place, that's why I believe the internet is far more benificial than flyers these days.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

they should be on a table on the way in/out. Maybe all promoters should think of doing it this way?

Word of mouth does influence many but you have to get the info out there in the first place, that's why I believe the internet is far more benificial than flyers these days.

I agree Chalky, never just scatter flyers about the room. Should be near the entrance/ exit, and/ or given out to people. Venue owners and staff hate them being scattered around, they have to clear them up.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I agree Chalky, never just scatter flyers about the room. Should be near the entrance/ exit, and/ or given out to people. Venue owners and staff hate them being scattered around, they have to clear them up.

'Hand to hand' distribution at the end of the night is the best way to do this. Generally, in my experience of promoting events at University, this is the best form of event promotion/marketing; however, I agree that the internet plays an increasing important role in promoting events.

Social source share

OUR FLYERS REALLY WORTH THE TIME I PUT A LOAD OUT AT THE LAST FEW VENUS AND THEY END SCATTERED AROUND THE FLOOR THEY MIGHT BE THE ODD 1 BEING PICKED UP IS IT WORTH ALL THE HASSEL WORD OF MOUTH IMO. BILLY

Thanks anyway Billy :D .

Just another 5000 to go whistling.gif

If you hand them to people they seem to fold them up and put them in their pockets or hanbags.Leave them on the table, just used to mop up the beer..

Generally the ones i leave on the door seem to go better.

I pick flyers up but when i go out i check the events page to see whats on.

Need both imo.

Social source share

Thanks anyway Billy :D .

Just another 5000 to go whistling.gif

If you hand them to people they seem to fold them up and put them in their pockets or hanbags.Leave them on the table, just used to mop up the beer..

Generally the ones i leave on the door seem to go better.

I pick flyers up but when i go out i check the events page to see whats on.

Need both imo.

NO PROBLEM BENNY ALWAYS LIKE 2 LEND A HAND. BILLY

Social source share

Maybe promoters should get together, do away with flyers all together and publish a monthly gig guide? Maybe make better use of "On The Scene"? Is it still running? not seen one for a while?

Didn't Chris W start a flyer with loads of venues on one flyer, great idea IMO, saves money and enviromentaly friendly biggrin.gif

Better than having a mountaine of paper on your table can be a right pain in the arse some times :lol:

Social source share

Didn't Chris W start a flyer with loads of venues on one flyer, great idea IMO, saves money and enviromentaly friendly biggrin.gif

Better than having a mountaine of paper on your table can be a right pain in the arse some times :lol:

Chris did do one for a while, but was forever chasing outstanding debts for adverts, and on a monthly print run it can soon add up to a silly amount of money.

Its a great idea in concept, as advertising cost was very reasonable (£25 for a quarter page of a 10k full colour print run if I remember correctly?) and if all promoters involved distributed their share of print run in their own area it could achieve effective nationwide advertising.

Social source share

Didn't Chris W start a flyer with loads of venues on one flyer, great idea IMO, saves money and enviromentaly friendly :P

Only good fer` writing phone numbers on anyway :huh: thats if they`re not soggy,yuk!!,worse than talc,i`ve slipped on a soggy flyer before,didnt sue tho` unsure.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i not mind how you get flyers as long as they are out there. i always look at them all left on table. usually that's how i know when the next ones are on locally or dad's friends says see you at next one.

You can use flyers to write on at back when its plain especially if you hear a song you like so you wait to here who it's by and write it down

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert