Ungrateful feedback

Dean

Just like to register the feedback from a French buyer thevinylrecords on ebay: Posted a Marvelettes - I'll Keep Holding On and a Mighty Joe Young - We Love You Baby following ebay auction. I must have had a message every second day on holiday to which I replied to every one saying I would refund when home if still not arrived. Refunded full amount including postage, taking at their word records not arrived.

In fairness they have left + feedback but in the comments section they have written 'nothing' , as in the word 'nothing', I'm ever so so slightly annoyed.

Social source share

:wink: Feedback sounds fair enough to me -  and he hasn't slated you. You refunded and got a positive feedback. The potential buyer may have decided to ignore similar copies and waited to bid for yours. He may have watched it patiently and placed the winning bid(s) in the final seconds rather than snipe it. Then he gets nothing for his efforts. It wasn't your fault but the buyer is probably feeling ever so slightly annoyed. Whats he supposed to say? - what a top transaction it was? Sorry but I just don't get it when either sellers or the system let you down and just because you're not out of pocket at the end of the day you're expected to enthuse over the whole deal.

:hatsoff2:- Kev a.k.a. Grumpy

Social source share

2 hours ago, chatty said:

Surely he should have mentioned getting a no quibble full refund, a confidence filler feedback if ever there was one?

Yep, you're right. Told you I was grumpy.

With this particular buyer it does seem strange that he's given the same feedback so often (thanks Philippe). Is he claiming that all of those 'nothing's failed to be delivered? Surely not. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, KevinKent said:

:wink: Feedback sounds fair enough to me -  and he hasn't slated you. You refunded and got a positive feedback. The potential buyer may have decided to ignore similar copies and waited to bid for yours. He may have watched it patiently and placed the winning bid(s) in the final seconds rather than snipe it. Then he gets nothing for his efforts. It wasn't your fault but the buyer is probably feeling ever so slightly annoyed. Whats he supposed to say? - what a top transaction it was? Sorry but I just don't get it when either sellers or the system let you down and just because you're not out of pocket at the end of the day you're expected to enthuse over the whole deal.

:hatsoff2:- Kev a.k.a. Grumpy

I don't expect him/her to enthuse about what turns out to be a blank/poor deal, but I do expect some courtesy how he/she has been dealt with. At best I think there may be something lost in translation regarding 'nothing'. if a potential buyer/seller sees feedback comments that says 'nothing' it hardly coveys that that the buyer has had a full refund, including their postage, with no questions asked. I sent details confirming proof of postage. I think there's something in this of treat others how you would like to be treated.

I'm not sure of the process regarding claiming from the PO (I don't expect ebay/paypal to much help) so asked after I'd refunded if he/she would confirm the non-arrival and refund to support any postage insurance. Oddly I've not heard anything since, which given that I'd had 6 or 7 messages previously over a 12 day holiday doesn't impress me.

Dean a.k.a (for the moment) even grumpier

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

That's interesting, perhaps there is something lost in translation. Thanks Philippe

Looking down the feedback I'm wondering if all the times thevinylrecords has put nothing is when nothing has arrived. I mention this because following the link Philippe provided there are 8 'nothing' comments on the first page of feedback, the second  page has a more informative 'nothing, thanks for the refund'.

I'm starting to smell a con, or either a very very unlucky buyer or crooked postie.

Edited by Dean
bad spelling
Social source share

46 minutes ago, KevinKent said:

Yep, you're right. Told you I was grumpy.

With this particular buyer it does seem strange that he's given the same feedback so often (thanks Philippe). Is he claiming that all of those 'nothing's failed to be delivered? Surely not. 

Sorry Kev I didn't see this whilst typing my responses above covering the same point. 

Social source share

He is obviously a man of a few words lol - His feedback as a buyer is generally just the one word whether good or bad. His feedback as a seller looks highly suspicious to me - out of 98 feedbacks of items that he has "sold" 96 of them are from just 2 buyers and the actual feedback from these two "buyers" is just one or two words - he was maybe selling to himself to build up his feedback scores. I wouldn't trust this guy at all and I'd block him from my ebay sales if I didn't already limit my sales to UK only.

Social source share

I'll put another topic in eBay sales to warn. I've contacted others who had 'nothing' feedback, and similarly they have refunded claims of non arrival. Among the messages I had whilst on holiday regarding (somewhat premature) 'late' arrival of the records I'd sent, the buyer answered that he bought a lot of records from the UK and had not had any postal problems. That is either a lie or the buyer is fraudulent , I suspect the latter. 

Social source share

20 hours ago, Dean said:

Just like to register the feedback from a French buyer thevinylrecords on ebay: Posted a Marvelettes - I'll Keep Holding On and a Mighty Joe Young - We Love You Baby following ebay auction. I must have had a message every second day on holiday to which I replied to every one saying I would refund when home if still not arrived. Refunded full amount including postage, taking at their word records not arrived.

In fairness they have left + feedback but in the comments section they have written 'nothing' , as in the word 'nothing', I'm ever so so slightly annoyed.

I'm assuming the total slaes price would have been + - £60.00, any reason you didn't send registered, signed for ?

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Chris L said:

I'm assuming the total slaes price would have been + - £60.00, any reason you didn't send registered, signed for ?

No, Chris recognise I should have in retrospect. I tend to have an imaginary barrier at £50 and above for registered signed for, think the total was £48. I don't sell a lot, I tend to buy more, but over the years have just accumulated too many and so sell to fund more expensive purchases. The buyer had already questioned the postage cost as the auction page said I'd post 2 for 1 but the auto ebay system had billed the buyer for £8 (2 x £4) postage, which they'd complained about before I had chance to personalise the invoice. Looking at the feedback and communication with other sellers I'm suspecting that when the buyer receives a record not signed for they claim non-delivery.

Edited by Dean
checked figures and corrected
Social source share

10 hours ago, Dean said:

No, nothing back. I did put  return address details on the package

Morning Dean. I did have a record sent to Spain the took about 5/6 weeks to arrive,,,via Thailand...it had Thai stamp on it.Maybe the record might still land in France.

Whether you get to know or not is another matter.See you soon.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, KevH said:

Morning Dean. I did have a record sent to Spain the took about 5/6 weeks to arrive,,,via Thailand...it had Thai stamp on it.Maybe the record might still land in France.

Whether you get to know or not is another matter.See you soon.

Trying not be unfair Kev, but i contacted other sellers last night,  very reputable in my opinion, who had received 'nothing' feedback and had issued refund for non-delivery.

Not feeling so forgiving hence providing name above.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Do not send tunes there without tracking if you dont know them. If they do not arrive you can see why, if they are lying you can see that too and so can paypal. Its so easy to avoid. 

That said this is one of the reasons I do not sell on ebay any more. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Dean said:

I'll put another topic in eBay sales to warn. I've contacted others who had 'nothing' feedback, and similarly they have refunded claims of non arrival. Among the messages I had whilst on holiday regarding (somewhat premature) 'late' arrival of the records I'd sent, the buyer answered that he bought a lot of records from the UK and had not had any postal problems. That is either a lie or the buyer is fraudulent , I suspect the latter. 

Can't you report the guy to ebay ?, if there are other sellers having the same problems surely they should act.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:05, Dean said:

Trying not be unfair Kev, but i contacted other sellers last night,  very reputable in my opinion, who had received 'nothing' feedback and had issued refund for non-delivery.

Not feeling so forgiving hence providing name above.

Hadn't read the "nothing" feedback. Something not right with it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!