Remove glue from run in groove ?

Kegsy

I have a £500 record that is in M- condition except for some dry/hardened glue on the run in. It had been kept in an paper sleeve that had been sellotaped along the bottom. The record has picked up a small amount of the glue, not much, the record can still be cued up carefully. What's the best way to remove the glue.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

I have a £500 record that is in M- condition except for some dry/hardened glue on the run in. It had been kept in an paper sleeve that had been sellotaped along the bottom. The record has picked up a small amount of the glue, not much, the record can still be cued up carefully. What's the best way to remove the glue.

I've only had to do this once, I used warm/hot water and soap with extreme patience, good luck.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Give you a fiver for it :lol:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 11:32, trev thomas said:

if its styrene use chris's method, if its vinyl meths / surgical spirit should do the trick

Tested meths on a C&W record everything looks fine, trouble is the record now plays in the style of a pub singer !!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!