Some Mid-tempo On A Tuesday

paultp

So, I'm wasting my day off waiting for an engineer to come and fix my brand new glasswasher which worked for a whole 2 days :unsure: . I thought I'd share some mid-tempo stuff which I recorded the other day. My missus has cleverly discarded the track list that I wrote out whilst recording them on to mini disc so I'll have to trust my dimming memory.

Sounds to follow.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I Cant Go On - Deon Jackson - Carla

Really like this tune, would play it out given the opportunity. Is it 70's? This is a disc that has detroit credits all over it: this side arranged by Mike Terry and produced by Ollie McLaughlin, written by Sharon McMahan (Who she?). The other side is quite good too (I Need A Love Like Yours) again arranged & produced by the same duo and written by Wylie & Hestor. In my opinion the distributors have the plug side wrong on this WLP cos I think I Can't Go On is the better side, I always like it when that happens.

Social source share

Then Came Heartbreak - The Jive Five - United Artists

Not listed in JM's price guide, got this fairly cheap off eBay and have heard it played out once at Prestatyn a couple of years ago. Superb tune.

Superb ??? Most definately Paul unsure.png Used to play it early doors @ SITC when we were at Nylon Bar. Paid about 25 quid I think from Pete Smith, reasonable as always tongue.png
Social source share

Should I change by avatar to something that enhances my credibility? Answers on a postcard please.

I found this whilst doing a junk shop rummage a few years ago and couldn't resist, thankfully I can't do a sound clip cos I can't find the record at the mo.

Social source share

Really like this tune, would play it out given the opportunity. Is it 70's? This is a disc that has detroit credits all over it: this side arranged by Mike Terry and produced by Ollie McLaughlin, written by Sharon McMahan (Who she?). The other side is quite good too (I Need A Love Like Yours) again arranged & produced by the same duo and written by Wylie & Hestor. In my opinion the distributors have the plug side wrong on this WLP cos I think I Can't Go On is the better side, I always like it when that happens.

Sharon McMahan recorded for Karen appearing as Sharon McMahan and Sharon McMann - possibly just a mis-spelling. She apparently wrote Johnny Mae Mathews "I have no choice"
Social source share

Thats My Girl - Porgy & The Monarchs - Sylves

One of my all time favourite records which I used to play all the time at These Old Shoes. Always had a stunning effect on people who had never heard it before, remember JO coming down from door duty to see what it was and also Mr Timlin regularly announcing his arrival by shouting repeatedly over the decks at Me Porgy & The Monarchs! Porgy & The Monarchs! until I played it. I'm sure most people who were regulars at TOS bought a copy, generally 20-30 quid though I did once buy one for 7 off someone on eBay. Lovely lovely feel good tune.

Social source share

So, I'm wasting my day off waiting for an engineer to come and fix my brand new glasswasher which worked for a whole 2 days :thumbsup: . I thought I'd share some mid-tempo stuff which I recorded the other day. My missus has cleverly discarded the track list that I wrote out whilst recording them on to mini disc so I'll have to trust my dimming memory.

Sounds to follow.

And they've just phoned to say they are not coming today. Hurrah for Britain! :lol:ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Hi Paul

Long time no see. Must say I prefer the version of this released in the UK on Contemporaries (flip of Love makes the world go round) with the girlie background singers. Will try to post up tonight.

Regards to Helen
Social source share

Then Came Heartbreak - The Jive Five - United Artists

Not listed in JM's price guide, got this fairly cheap off eBay and have heard it played out once at Prestatyn a couple of years ago. Superb tune.

flipping nora not heard this for about a squillion years....

you've made me all tingly thumbsup.gif

Social source share

What effect does this have on you Kirsty?

Just in case you missed it on the Stairsteps Post earlier / elsewhere.

Quality Midtempo if ever...

:lol:

Sean

Just send it to me laugh.gif

I'm not just tingly, but also slightly moist whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!