Jerry Williams BIN $700

Jon18

21 minutes ago, tommypotts said:

Great record, stupid price. I know it's recently gone up in value, but to me this will always be a 40 quid record. 

if youve got one ill give you forty for it a 73 issue sold for over 500 dollars lol which we all know is crazy

Edited by Flanny
Social source share

The one Chris L  as posted is the re isssue of the original with 1973 at the bottom of the label

There is another re issue with 1973 on the right hand side of the label which has the different mix 

original has Daisy matrix stamp & Bell Sound stamp in the run out ,Original  Re issue just has Bell Sound matrix in the run out 

Not had the other re issue in my hands so don't know whats in run out 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Kev John said:

The one Chris L  as posted is the re isssue of the original with 1973 at the bottom of the label

There is another re issue with 1973 on the right hand side of the label which has the different mix 

original has Daisy matrix stamp & Bell Sound stamp in the run out ,Original  Re issue just has Bell Sound matrix in the run out 

Not had the other re issue in my hands so don't know whats in run out 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Whatever is what £670 is a lot of money I was buying the 1973 white demos for about £30-50 :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It is funny old game. I bought the original first issue on Ebay USA  last year for £40 ish and sold it for £255 on eBay uk. I got very lucky. there are loads of the re-issues around but the real deal first issues are a bit thin on the ground due to demand I guess?

Social source share

2 hours ago, chalky said:

Another example of how desperate and clueless collecting/collectors have become.   Who is paying these prices? Surely no serious clued up collector is?

But it won't sell at that price. I found one in the States a few days ago in lesser condition but left it behind. It is a common record. Even though it is a great tune in nice condition, the record will not sell. Maybe everyone should save it in their 'Watch' list to build up the seller's hopes - then we can watch the price come down.

Social source share

7 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

But it won't sell at that price. I found one in the States a few days ago in lesser condition but left it behind. It is a common record. Even though it is a great tune in nice condition, the record will not sell. Maybe everyone should save it in their 'Watch' list to build up the seller's hopes - then we can watch the price come down.

But Flanny says a 73 reissue did sell?

Herbert Hunter for £500 the other day, another example of an overpriced record that isn't rare.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, chalky said:

But Flanny says a 73 reissue did sell?

Herbert Hunter for £500 the other day, another example of an overpriced record that isn't rare.

I'm sure there's a reason why these records suddenly sell for such huge amounts, I just can't think of what that is though. 

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!