Johnny Williams On Bashie

Guest Roccia

I had a present from a friend. It's Johnny Williams "Just A Little Misunderstanding" cover on Bashie. The flip is "Your Love Controls My World", and I didn't heard it before. Awesome tune IMVHO...! Anyone knows this? Comments?

TIA

Roccia

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest melandthensome

Hi Roccia

I bought one of these in the 70's with a Johnny Howard 'the chase is on' on a bashie white demo

still got the johnny howard but not the j/williams

nice little memory jerker there for me :thumbsup:

ps

cant remember the flip unfortunatley.....

Social source share

Hi Roccia

I bought one of these in the 70's with a Johnny Howard 'the chase is on' on a bashie white demo

still got the johnny howard but not the j/williams

nice little memory jerker there for me :thumbsup:

ps

cant remember the flip unfortunatley.....

Mel,

I wish you hear this "Your Love Controls My World". It deserves some spins in public methink. Fresh, powerful, and highly danceable :yes:

Anyone can post a soundclip, please...?

Roccia

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Roccia

so what are we talking here

an out and out 4 beats to the bar dancer or what mate

you have got me hook line n sinker now and I gotta hear it......

mel :unsure:

Social source share

Mel,

I wish you hear this "Your Love Controls My World". It deserves some spins in public methink. Fresh, powerful, and highly danceable :unsure:

Anyone can post a soundclip, please...?

Roccia

Hi Roccia,

Why not give it a spin when you dj for us in Feb 07 down in Bournemouth.I'd love to hear it played out. blush.gif

Dave Morris

Social source share

I'll do for sure, Dave... The problem is I'm not a brave man behind the decks, and I always play mega-classics... :unsure: The scare to clear the floor is too big for me... blush.gif Now I'm trying to change this thing, and I'm looking around for some lesser-known tunes...

I think this one could be good.

Roccia

Social source share

Got a UK release too:

WILLIAMS, JOHNNY CONTEMPO 20 JUST A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING / YOUR LOVE CONTROLS MY MIND Released 03/08/1973

Paul, my US Bashie copy has the song title as "Your Love Controls My World" and not "My Mind"...

Have you the chance to post a soundclip, please? I'm very interested to other members opinions...

Roccia

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I had a present from a friend. It's Johnny Williams "Just A Little Misunderstanding" cover on Bashie. The flip is "Your Love Controls My World", and I didn't heard it before. Awesome tune IMVHO...! Anyone knows this? Comments?

TIA

Roccia

Ciao Roccia!

"Misunderstanding" was briefly an old Mecca spin, and I also heard it elsewhere during the early days of the scene. Your Love Controls" is a great record, too.

This, I believe, is the same Johnny Williams who did the all time Philly dance classic, "Slow Motion", too - and also the briefly-played-as-a-new-release 70s 'newie' "You're Something Kinda Mellow"...

...alla prossima volta!

TONE :unsure:

Social source share

Ciao Roccia!

"Misunderstanding" was briefly an old Mecca spin, and I also heard it elsewhere during the early days of the scene. Your Love Controls" is a great record, too.

This, I believe, is the same Johnny Williams who did the all time Philly dance classic, "Slow Motion", too - and also the briefly-played-as-a-new-release 70s 'newie' "You're Something Kinda Mellow"...

...alla prossima volta!

TONE :unsure:

Tony,

at least someone who knows this one. I hope someone can post a soundclip...

Congratulations for your italian...

Roccia

Social source share

Your Love Controls My World - Johnny Williams - Bashie

In process of filing & catologueing at the moment & had this one out only yesterday

JW.JPG(post-5566-1161101061_thumb.jpg

Social source share

The pleasure is mine Roccia' certainly a nice double sider :thumbsup:

Definitely. "Your Love..." will be in my playlists in the next future for sure...

Roccia

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert