Bobby Moore & Rhythm aces?

Yep, I was certainly the first (and will probably be the last) to play it :lol:.

I picked up the LP for penny's several years ago as I had the UK Chess copy and didn't want to burn it up.

Was shocked to find the unreleased bonus tracks on there, 'Can't Get Away' being particularly playable.

I broke it first at 'Just Soul' under the guise of Chico Jenkins (the actual lead singer) and then at Soul Essence / Yarmouth weekender.

It's still bubbling under and people should grab them while they can. The track is 100% Solid Soul gagging to be given lots of play.

A Muscle Shoals masterpiece.

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 2
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Sean Hampsey said:

Yep, I was certainly the first (and will probably be the last) to play it :lol:.

I picked up the LP for penny's several years ago as I had the UK Chess copy and didn't want to burn it up.

Was shocked to find the unreleased bonus tracks on there, 'Can't Get Away' being particularly playable.

I broke it first at 'Just Soul' under the guise of Chico Jenkins (the actual lead singer) and then at Soul Essence / Yarmouth weekender.

It's still bubbling under and people should grab them while they can. The track is 100% Solid Soul gagging to be given lots of play.

A Muscle Shoals masterpiece.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Evening Boss :hatsoff2:

Yep, it's a great soul record isn't it - a proper one. 

Hope all is good Sean.

All the best mate.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

No mate, not 100% sure at all Mike. The 'Searcing For My Baby' 45 was obviously recorded at Fame. After Chess signed the act an album was then recorded, also at Fame, and I understood the out takes, or extra tracks, were from that session. They were Alabama boys and sound like the same players to me, but I don't have the CD so, not having read the notes, wasn't aware that they recorded in Chicago at all. Seems odd, particularly after the success of SFMB and when Chess were sending artists such as Etta James and Irma Thomas to record in Muscle Shoals. But may well have been a year or so later and trying to recapture that 'sound' in Chicago didn't come to anything. 

Cheers Mike for the info. See you in a few weeks!

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!