Help please Sam Ward

Before I start I know this is not an original copy, but I am trying to find out if it's a legit repress or a straight boot?
I can't find out by a search anything about it being repressed and I would like to know how many were pressed and by whom?
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I did do a search and couldn't see anything.

Sam Ward.jpg

Social source share

seem to remember they were illegal boots done by SS via Selecta Disc, Selecta was raided and stock taken, which included a new delivery of Sam Ward before they were put out for sale, only a handful were ever sold. 

Seem to recall reading that the boot is actually rarer qty wise than the orig

Edited by PaulDonnelly
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Going by that picture it looks like a brand new record, a bit like those Magnetics that were done a short while back.

The old boots are easy to spot, one with white label & black lettering - done in vinyl. Then there was another with blue label & black lettering, think these were styrene with slightly wrinkly labels.

Edited by pottsy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, pottsy said:

Going by that picture it looks like a brand new record, a bit like those Magnetics that were done a short while back.

The old boots are easy to spot, one with white label & black lettering - done in vinyl. Then there was another with blue label & black lettering, think these were styrene with slightly wrinkly labels.

More of a flesh colour and black were'nt they.? The pic above had got the swirl in the ink,like the others.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Swirl in the ink just like all the other recent lookalike pressings. I have leads to where these presses come from but can't reveal them until I have some evidences.

Hi Benji

I thought that had already been discussed on SS - and that the individual(s) had been identified? I am a bit dim though and could be confusing that with a different set of boots.

Social source share

9 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Benji

I thought that had already been discussed on SS - and that the individual(s) had been identified? I am a bit dim though and could be confusing that with a different set of boots.

Yes, that's correct. IL is behind this. But I'm talking about who had them pressed for him and who's distributing them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!