• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello Kev,

The full 5:45 version is on the CD The Hotlanta Soul of Loleatta Holloway (Kent CDKEND 135) along with another 22 of her Aware tracks.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hi yer,

Can any body remember,Cry to me,by Loleatta Holloway.On AWARE.

I loved this record,Any one got sound bite?

Regards,Kev.

A Beautiful Slice of Sam Dees...

As well as the LP it also came out on 45 on US Aware, and also on UK RCA (which is nice!) but this copy is the most desirable for collectors!

Sean

Cry_To_Me.JPG(post-4120-1160648194_thumb

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

A Beautiful Slice of Sam Dees...

As well as the LP it also came out on 45 on US Aware, and also on UK RCA (which is nice!) but this copy is the most desirable for collectors!

Sean

in my top 10 anyday! bought it as new release on Aware and the album of course - but I cannot remember it on UK RCA at all! and where is that issue from?

Mike

Social source share

in my top 10 anyday! bought it as new release on Aware and the album of course - but I cannot remember it on UK RCA at all! and where is that issue from?

Mike

Sorry Mike,

Not ignoring you, been a few days since I've been on here.

The RCA is a Black issue from mid 80's.

The scan I put up is the rare Aussie copy.

Nice innit!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Guest marco i

Hi yer,

Can any body remember,Cry to me,by Loleatta Holloway.On AWARE.

I loved this record,Any one got sound bite?

Regards,Kev.

From the same Aware LP I love the tune "I Can't Help Myself".

Does anybody knows if it exist on 7"?

Marco

Social source share

Nice indeed - you must have a few overseas releases?

Why did it get re-released in 80's ?

Mike

Yes Mike, I do have loads of unusual overseas 45's.

Might start a thread on the subject at some point.

Got a bit of a weakness for Ozzie releases, having first picked up a quantity some years ago whilst in Sydney & Melbourne on business.

Also got quite a few Israeli, Lebanese and European label Soul 45's, but the Greek Frankie Beverley has, so far, evaded me.

Guess the "Cry To Me" got released on RCA on the strength / success of "After All".

Same label design and around the same period.

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

Yes Mike, I do have loads of unusual overseas 45's.

Might start a thread on the subject at some point.

Got a bit of a weakness for Ozzie releases, having first picked up a quantity some years ago whilst in Sydney & Melbourne on business.

Also got quite a few Israeli, Lebanese and European label Soul 45's, but the Greek Frankie Beverley has, so far, evaded me.

Guess the "Cry To Me" got released on RCA on the strength / success of "After All".

Sean

My French Warner Bros 45 of Linda Jones 'You Can't Take It' is my pride and joy :lol:

Mike

Edited by Mike Lofthouse
Social source share

Sean

Hi Sean, bought both these as new releases. "Cry to me" was around 1984 and "After All" 1989. I don't think "After all" could have sold many at all. I found loads probably hundreds of the 12" in a chuck out shop in the Manchester Arndale. I bought as many as I could carry, told them that I was Sam's biggest fan and promptly swapped them for a microwave.

Always hated that microwave, I would have glady carried on using my two hob Belling just to see Sam on Top of the Pops.

Why "Cry to me" was re-released in 1984, who knows, but I'm glad it was. It could simply be the case of an A&R guy having taste and believing in a record. I can't put my hands on the record but seem to remember the b-side being a contempory, ie 1980s, release.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Hi Sean, bought both these as new releases. "Cry to me" was around 1984 and "After All" 1989. I don't think "After all" could have sold many at all.

Eyup alan,

You're right mate. The numbers are way apart, having checked. And yes, the flip "So Can I" is another goodie.

Sam's "After All" did sell quite well though and found its way onto a couple of 'Pop' compilations having garnered extensive radio play.

Anybody else got a UK RCA CD copy of "After All"?

I picked two up when new but its apparantley pretty scarce.

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert