Al Williams - I Am Nothing

£3200 wow, I was gifted an issue on La Beat 30 years ago by the late Ian Martin, my best friend, who was an up and coming dj on the scene in Scotland who just quit. I have it along with the remainder of his collection at the time and I still have have them all. Couldn't part with them but think I should maybe get them valued. Could anyone recommend someone who could help? Cheers

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Dave65 said:

£3200 wow, I was gifted an issue on La Beat 30 years ago by the late Ian Martin, my best friend, who was an up and coming dj on the scene in Scotland who just quit. I have it along with the remainder of his collection at the time and I still have have them all. Couldn't part with them but think I should maybe get them valued. Could anyone recommend someone who could help? Cheers

Any of the dealers, or put them up on here and enjoy the arguments as people come on and tell you how much they were worth in the 1980's. :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, dobber said:

i would imagine a fair few considering its in 4 formats..labeat issue and demo,and palmer issue and demo,it seems rare cos the bugga's never come up for sale!

I've never seen a Palmer issue, anyone got a scan or picture?

I remember a few years ago somebody must have found a small box of Palmer demos, and quite a few came up on eBay, all mint. The Palmer has far superior sound quality too.

Social source share

20 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Cos it's one mean soul record. Probably a a contender in the top five soul records of all time - super dance record. 

Purely subjective, but I'm confident some people will concur. I've always loved it and still do. 

:elvis:

I would definately put in my top 3! I can still remember hearing it the for first time. Twas like being smacked over the head with a sledgehammer. I'm normally abit giddy but this rendered me useless for the remainder of the nighter! 

You would be hard pushed to find  a better tune imho. You can't beat the excitement of hearing something as good as this first time. What a feeling, Love it!

Brian

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'm going to be in a complete minority here, I get the 'sound' , if you hear something that takes you right there, there is nothing better, I like the track, it's rare and sort after, but overall my ears tell me it's not really that exciting....

Mal 

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Mal C said:

I'm going to be in a complete minority here, I get the 'sound' , if you hear something that takes you right there, there is nothing better, I like the track, it's rare and sort after, but overall my ears tell me it's not really that exciting....

Mal 

You complete minority!

:lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Gilly said:

For those who like instrumentals it makes for a good one, vocal better of course

What does someone say after "I am nothing, take 3"?       "I know ???????"

Was that instrumental the only alternative take etc, to come to light?

Social source share

1 minute ago, simon t said:

What does someone say after "I am nothing, take 3"?       "I know ???????"

Was that instrumental the only alternative take etc, to come to light?

As far as I know, Dave Weldings is your man on that one Simon

• Helpful 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, Mal C said:

Mal 

just what a i was thinking mal.... lightweight backing and mediocre vocal..... but yet i still like it... nearly bought a palmer white demo when it was worth hundreds.. wouldnt even contemplate buying one now

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!