David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love

Pete S

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers Pete, absolute top drawer stuff. David Ruffin for me was THE male vocalist of Motown and whilst this does not come up to the standard of the very best of the Temps I still rate the vocals on this . 70's disco shite! - hope I sussed the irony

Social source share

Brief lesson on how to post from youtube would be useful, mate.

In the meantime there's stuff there from Bobby Bland and Tyrone Davies that might be of interest

Well it depends if you want to post your own clips or link to someone else's. I've posted up 170 of my own clips and I think I've linked to 3!

Anyway it's very easy.

Find a clip you like - in this case I'll use a random one of mine, Eric Morris from This Is Ska.

On the right of the viewing screen you'll see the URL, it looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCOou0SejI

so what you do to make the clip appear on your actual page is to take everything that appears after the equals sign in the URL, in this case

OwCOou0SejI

then all you do is type this: (actually not showing up but it's one of these [ followed by the word tube then closed by one of these ], add your piece of the URL then another of these [with a slash immediately following / and then the word tube again and then close it with another ]

and in between the two, you add the part of the URL that you save, like this

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Well it depends if you want to post your own clips or link to someone else's. I've posted up 170 of my own clips and I think I've linked to 3!

Anyway it's very easy.

Find a clip you like - in this case I'll use a random one of mine, Eric Morris from This Is Ska.

On the right of the viewing screen you'll see the URL, it looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCOou0SejI

so what you do to make the clip appear on your actual page is to take everything that appears after the equals sign in the URL, in this case

OwCOou0SejI

then all you do is type this: (actually not showing up but it's one of these [ followed by the word tube then closed by one of these ], add your piece of the URL then another of these [with a slash immediately following / and then the word tube again and then close it with another ]

and in between the two, you add the part of the URL that you save, like this

Thanks Pete for info - I see Google have bought/about to buy Youtube which hopefully will not make much difference to the concept which is fascinating in it's simplicity.

Social source share

Apologies if posted before...

I always have no hesitation IMHO in saying that David Ruffin was quite simply the greatest male soul singer that ever lived, even ahead of such legends as Marvin Gaye or James Carr.

And that is based on consideration of all factors including primarily the quality of the voice but also factors such as versatility, live performance , commercial success , recording history etc etc etc

HE WAS THE BEST !!!

:unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert