• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vic-shot

Hi anyone out there got any info re this track for me i.e label price etc etc

Hi Dawn,it came out on UK Doctor Bird,I think this is about £350-£400 and also on a Jamaican lable which I think is Stang??I've only ever seen one copy on this lable and Ady Lupton has that.

Great Record BTW.

Social source share

Hi Dawn,it came out on UK Doctor Bird,I think this is about £350-£400 and also on a Jamaican lable which I think is Stang??I've only ever seen one copy on this lable and Ady Lupton has that.

Great Record BTW.

Jamaican label is Stag. As someone who has collected the Doctor Bird label for many many years, that price tag is ridiculous. £250 absolute maximum in the real world. A reggae/ska collector wouldn't pay more than £40 for it.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Great Record BTW.

...I hate to think how many copies of this that I left behind in London junkshops in the 70s after I had bought one, decided it was crap - an opinion that I still hold, by the way - and threw it back into the next pile of things that I sold to the nearest available junkman.

Back in the day nobody wanted it, soul fans or reggae collectors, and I had plenty of good soul and reggae records to listen to without bothering about such an amateurish piece of Jamaican recorded R & B...

To this day I'd much prefer to own a copy of Miller's other Doctor Bird release, "Rocksteady Party", if anyone knows anyone who's selling one...

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

...I hate to think how many copies of this that I left behind in London junkshops in the 70s after I had bought one, decided it was crap - an opinion that I still hold, by the way - and threw it back into the next pile of things that I sold to the nearest available junkman.

Back in the day nobody wanted it, soul fans or reggae collectors, and I had plenty of good soul and reggae records to listen to without bothering about such an amateurish piece of Jamaican recorded R & B...

To this day I'd much prefer to own a copy of Miller's other Doctor Bird release, "Rocksteady Party", if anyone knows anyone who's selling one...

TONE :thumbsup:

And there's the rub, as they say - I've never seen a copy of Rocksteady Party but I've seen a dozen copies of Where Is The Love - yet one is priced ten times higher than the other.

Social source share

dawn..

it was also available on a 10" album in 2002..

fab-u-lus northern soul..fbubx 012..

eight tracks..glen miller was 1st track on side 2..

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert