• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Hi yer,

Do you think Northern Soul was are first love,and thats why we can never forget it, and never let it go.

Every body remembers there first love.

Kind Regards Kev.

Nope, I decided, aged five, I loved girls :shhh: Still do, but northern comes a close second. Mind you, northern never lets you down...... ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Hi yer,

Do you think Northern Soul was are first love,and thats why we can never forget it, and never let it go.

Kind Regards Kev.

I've always felt you should treat your women just like you do your records.

Whip the cover off and get 'em spinning on the table... as often as possible.

Then when you've had your three minutes worth,,,, stick 'em back in the cupboard, under lock and key, where they belong, until you fancy another one!

Works for me!

ranting_1.gif

Sean

Social source share

Then when you've had your three minutes worth,,,, stick 'em back in the cupboard, under lock and key, where they belong, until you fancy another one!

Works for me! Sean

Think you may have SOME female response to this.............. ranting_1.gif

:shhh:

Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

Hi yer,

Kind Regards Kev.

I do know what you mean but I think it was the full package that I fell in love with. I can remember standing up stairs at Oddfellows watching my brother Chas, Stevie Holland, Mudd and all the local lot from Harborough dancing to Seven Souls and thinking I love this. Now I go out and wonder why I m there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to do with being bored with the same old music than anything else BUT I do miss the great people that I used to travel with.

We can all listen to our favourite tunes at home but it doesnt have that vibe does it of hearing it loud at 3 in the morning surrounded by your mates?

Social source share

Guest twoflatsup

Didn't get in to Northern till 10 years ago in my late 20s, so can't say it's my first love (That would have been my right hand, aged about 13) but where else other than a 'nighter can you stick your hand in a strangers box, and then offer them some money for it ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Works for me!

:lol:

Sean

I hope you are going to ask for forgiveness for those statements ........

My first love ? That will be at Butlins , Filey , 1964 .....and we all know about Butlins don't we , old friend ? :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Didn't get in to Northern till 10 years ago in my late 20s, so can't say it's my first love (That would have been my right hand, aged about 13) but where else other than a 'nighter can you stick your hand in a strangers box, and then offer them some money for it ? :lol:

Johnny,

Is it the same as when you asked that women wearing feathers,Do you want plucking :thumbsup:

See soon mate.

Kev.

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

massive thanks to my brothers who drummed into my brain northern soul, 1975 i was 15 and dident have a chance to get into bowie thank fook, traveling to an allnighter in the back of a vauxhall viva with paul anka i cant help loving you was awsome, and will never get that moment again loved it with a passion then and still do now at 46 and still hearing new tunes, say no more. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Works for me!

:yes:

Sean

mount them on your spindle you mean.... :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hi yer,

Kind Regards Kev.

This is a good question. I thought i must have liked something before i discovered northern soul but I can't really remember being really into another kind of music. I was twelve in 1978 so chart stuff would have been Abba, the last days of punk (was too young to be a real punk), crap punk wannabes like the Boomtown Rats, loads of tunes from Grease, MOR rock like Queen and Bonny Tyler and garbage Euro-soul from Boney M. Never really into any of that. Northern must have caught me just at the right time as i was taking an interest in music and pop music was in trasition from 70s to the start of New Wave a year or so later. I was lucky :yes:

Social source share

This is a good question. I thought i must have liked something before i discovered northern soul but I can't really remember being really into another kind of music. I was twelve in 1978 so chart stuff would have been Abba, the last days of punk (was too young to be a real punk), crap punk wannabes like the Boomtown Rats, loads of tunes from Grease, MOR rock like Queen and Bonny Tyler and garbage Euro-soul from Boney M. Never really into any of that. Northern must have caught me just at the right time as i was taking an interest in music and pop music was in trasition from 70s to the start of New Wave a year or so later. I was lucky :thumbsup:

===============

Wasn't that around the time of the quadrophenia revival, could that have had an influence? Just asking, by the way, not saying it was :D

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Tut Tut!

That's just crude!

ranting_1.gif

Sean

And tiny....spindles that is, Sean
whistling.gif
....I don't open my box for anything less than at least a 1 hour session...anything less is just pitiful...oh, and I don't treat my men like my records - the vinyl gets loved and caressed and respected.......and the men...well...
:huh::lol::D
Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

or for 7" Cat...

12".... now your talking!
whistling.gif

You're a greedy girl, Joan - I'd settle for two decent 7" - when one gets groove burn, you've got a back up copy....
ranting_1.gif
Jo

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

===============

Wasn't that around the time of the quadrophenia revival, could that have had an influence? Just asking, by the way, not saying it was whistling.gif

Are you calling me a Mod!! :huh:

No Winnie Quadrophenia (the film) was about a year after i got into Northern, 1979 for sure. It definately wasn't as a result of Quadrophenia because we were all still wearing Spencers (soul bags and pegs) and Nature Treks or Pods, which i seem to remember went out of fashion pretty quickly when everyone started dressing like Mods. I was never a Mod, although i did have a couple of scooters.

I can actually remember almost the exact moment when fashions suddenly change. It was after the summer holidays and i was in my second year at secondary school 1979 (during the first year i had got into northern) it was the first day back and there was a buzz about because the coolest kid in school a couple of years older (Clifton Harper, some might remember him from Wigan) was wearing a narrow tie!... with a small knot! Well that was it, suits , scooters, two tone jackets and trousers, tonics... like i say never really a mod though.

P.s. found some brilliant Quadrophenia goofs on IMDB, including rockers in Motorhead T-Shirts, in 1964? Or was it 1965?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079766/goofs

M.

You're a greedy girl, Joan - I'd settle for two decent 7" - when one gets groove burn, you've got a back up copy....
ranting_1.gif
Jo

:lol::D I'm shocked

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert