Posted Images

OH RUSS COME ON

YOU KNOW YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHATS ON THE

EVILBAY

YOULL GET A WRIST SLAPPING

OR PISS SOMEONE OFF

BUT YES WEVE ALL SEEN IT

HAHA

I've been wracking me brains Gash to try and remember what cd I had the track on to do you mp3...no need now as someone already done it :yes: at least I now know what cd it's on thanks to the ebay link :wicked:

Social source share

anyone?????????

TIA..le gasher

hi mate, still pleased with perk lee, went to burnley niter last friday, with steve green, best SOUL niter i have been 2 for ages ! also talked to STUART< is it? nice lad who djed, awesome! anyway him and steve were talking up the sheepherders, then there it is in e bay, then i see tonight you were interested in it, class will out eh? have to meet up one night, im at middleton on 28, tough call with andys do on as well but its nearer, good record hunting EZZIE
Social source share

ahh this was really really good. got curious seeing it go for big $ on ebay. track of the day for me :lol:

Fantastic record got it on a US cd with some other brilliant stuff spread over 2 volumes.

Someone (possibly Andy Killick ?) had one for sale a little while ago for 2grand I think?

How much did this one go for anyone ?

Social source share

Fantastic record got it on a US cd with some other brilliant stuff spread over 2 volumes.

Someone (possibly Andy Killick ?) had one for sale a little while ago for 2grand I think?

How much did this one go for anyone ?

Personally don't think th O'l Virginia Cds are that good :thumbsup: doubt you could make one good one from the two IMO :unsure: I've listened twice, second time just to make sure I was right in thinking that they were pretty poor over all. Few good tracks IMHO and thats all, and I don't think much of the Sheepherders either shades.gif:lol:

Social source share

Personally don't think th O'l Virginia Cds are that good :thumbsup: doubt you could make one good one from the two IMO :unsure: I've listened twice, second time just to make sure I was right in thinking that they were pretty poor over all. Few good tracks IMHO and thats all, and I don't think much of the Sheepherders either :shades::lol:

Certainly agree Chalky that for a "double" you'd probably be pushed to make one good cd,

but as one of the few people in the world not online at home blush.gif & having no sound at work they certainly give me the opportunity to hear some stuff that I may not otherwise have the chance to listen to & imo some brilliant tracks on there including the Sheepherders by the way :lol:thumbsup.gif:lamsey:

.....................& great sleevenotes :yes:

Social source share

Certainly agree Chalky that for a "double" you'd probably be pushed to make one good cd,

but as one of the few people in the world not online at home :yes: & having no sound at work they certainly give me the opportunity to hear some stuff that I may not otherwise have the chance to listen to & imo some brilliant tracks on there including the Sheepherders by the way :shades::thumbsup:lamsey.gif

.....................& great sleevenotes :lol:

agree with you Dave, good way to hear something different, worth the money I paid just for the read :lamsey: There are some excellent tracks on the cds, BArbara Stant probably the berst.

For those who don't have the cd's, I've scanned the SheepHerders bit from the booklet, photo as well :unsure: Hope you can read and see it.

sheepshaggers.jpg(post-225-1161185186_th

Social source share

Not been on ss for a few day's - just seen this thread -

This is a fantastic record, followed it on Ebay (not that I can afford to buy it) :unsure: as uroffel said in earlier post went for £626. :lol:

Marie played it in the early hours at Middleton - sounded brilliant :thumbsup:

Strange choice of name though....

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Personally don't think th O'l Virginia Cds are that good :thumbsup: doubt you could make one good one from the two IMO rolleyes.gif I've listened twice, second time just to make sure I was right in thinking that they were pretty poor over all. Few good tracks IMHO and thats all, and I don't think much of the Sheepherders either :D:thumbsup:

Hey Chalks

I know the guy that compiles these CD's personally & he is a top bloke. The CD's are not aimed at the Northern Scene. This guy is just trying to highlite black music from the state of Virginia, which I feel he should be highly commended for, particularly as he puts an amazing amount of time, money & effort into them. They are all completely legal & the liner notes are very accurate & have taken a very long time to compile. It just happens that within the 2 CD's there is an odd tune that the NS & Funk scenes have either played in the past or have picked up on from the CD's, so please listen to them in the context that they were compiled & not as a Northern Soul compilation.

BTW the Sheepherders is the absolute bollocks & was recorded in the city of Norfolk VA. It took me awhile to get my copy, but I will always cherish it as it will remind me of VA Beach USA were the Sheepherders did a lot of live gigs on the front here.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Hey Chalks

I know the guy that compiles these CD's personally & he is a top bloke. The CD's are not aimed at the Northern Scene. This guy is just trying to highlite black music from the state of Virginia, which I feel he should be highly commended for, particularly as he puts an amazing amount of time, money & effort into them. They are all completely legal & the liner notes are very accurate & have taken a very long time to compile. It just happens that within the 2 CD's there is an odd tune that the NS & Funk scenes have either played in the past or have picked up on from the CD's, so please listen to them in the context that they were compiled & not as a Northern Soul compilation.

BTW the Sheepherders is the absolute bollocks & was recorded in the city of Norfolk VA. It took me awhile to get my copy, but I will always cherish it as it will remind me of VA Beach USA were the Sheepherders did a lot of live gigs on the front here.

Russ

Agree with you Russ entirely. There are some top sounds on the cds and the liner notes are great, the cds are worth purchasing but like I said there are a few tracks that will be of no interest to most soulies.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Marc, please can you clarify about the different versions of the 'Sheepherders' as I am quite interested, living in the area where they from etc.

Russ

HI Russ, one version is by Gene Allison if I remember right. Don`t know who sings the third version. It came up in a conversation with another collector who told me about two other versions of this tune. I will contact him to see if we can shed more light on this and will get back :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert