• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How much does this devalue a record?

Thanks

At least 50%. For instance: I've got a Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop me on Stateside, nice condition but no centre. I'm starting it off at £5 and hoping it'll reach £25. A copy with a centre would be £50 to £75.

Social source share

does this apply as much to reggae / ska records pete as in record collector feature they said that it didnt seem to make that much difference in price but i still class it as damaging the record ?

Doesn't really affect the prices of reggae/ska records Dave because people are happy to get the record in any playable condition usually.

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

At least 50%. For instance: I've got a Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop me on Stateside, nice condition but no centre. I'm starting it off at £5 and hoping it'll reach £25. A copy with a centre would be £50 to £75.

Thanks Pete,

I have quite a few of them here that I ended up with for one reason or another! (not a guilty middle pusher outter IMO :lol: ) Might have to pm you with some valuations if thats ok with you.

i like them, makes them easier to deejay with but without the guilt of actually popping out the middle yourself!

Does this mean youll pay full wack for them :lol:

Chris

Edited by Spinning Vinyl
Social source share

Some UK 45s actually come with the centres already professionaly dinked out, according to J.Manship these do NOT de-value the prices.

There are several around on the Atlantic label, Stax, Liberty especially....I've had 5th Dimension 'Train Keep On Moving' on Liberty Uk with the centre done this way twice now.

Anyone comments....

Social source share

Some UK 45s actually come with the centres already professionaly dinked out, according to J.Manship these do NOT de-value the prices.

There are several around on the Atlantic label, Stax, Liberty especially....I've had 5th Dimension 'Train Keep On Moving' on Liberty Uk with the centre done this way twice now.

Anyone comments....

A lot of the polydor issues/demos are like this,the Mob etc. :yes:

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

I personally never have and never will collect english 45s with the middles out....apart from looking awful as stated devalues a sound.I have a lot of english stuff when I first started collecting aged 11/12yrs of age the sounds I wanted were all uk 45s at that time.

I have 1 uk 45 with no centre thats slim harpo on a uk demo of 'king bee'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert