Record Store Day 16.04.2016

Guest Polyvelts

Guest Polyvelts

Anybody got any good tips ?

Soul Brother are doing a ltd vinyl  re-issue of the much indemand  Eleanor Mills LP

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

there is some good House stuff getting re released,  Ecstasy Club - Jesus Loves the Acid, Chip E - Like This, taken from the DJ International label, in fact a few from that label, Soul Brother records are putting out Dee Edwards - (I Can) Deal With That,  and some unreleased tracks from Erma Franklin entitled "Hold On, I'm Coming" / "Light My Fire" two cover versions then....

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Mal C said:

there is some good House stuff getting re released,  Ecstasy Club - Jesus Loves the Acid, Chip E - Like This, taken from the DJ International label, in fact a few from that label, Soul Brother records are putting out Dee Edwards - (I Can) Deal With That,  and some unreleased tracks from Erma Franklin entitled "Hold On, I'm Coming" / "Light My Fire" two cover versions then....

Hi Mal

The Erma Franklin tracks were previously released on her Brunswick "Soul Sister" album

Dave

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Mal C said:

and some unreleased tracks from Erma Franklin entitled "Hold On, I'm Coming" / "Light My Fire" two cover versions then....

Both of these tracks are from her Brunswick Soul Sister LP.  From a Soul perspective I haven't seen anything of any real interest, just lazy reissues. 

Edited by John Reed
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

must say this has been the first RSD that i've thought, "whatever". over the last few years theres not been one record i've wanted that i've not been able to get without setting foot in a shop, and i don't see this year being any different. its just become the next way to hype you out of your hard earned. if you like something you'll buy it when ever its released, not just because its RSD. but hey that's just my opinion, don't take my word for it.

mr grumpy :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As usual looks like the US and elsewhere get the best new soul first on RSD..Colemine Records have pressed up 500 of the new 45 from Gene Washington & The Ironsides - Next to you / I still love them all.:thumbsup: Appreciate this might not "do it" for many on here but it certainly got my attention when I listened to both sides last week.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Scotters said:

As usual looks like the US and elsewhere get the best new soul first on RSD..Colemine Records have pressed up 500 of the new 45 from Gene Washington & The Ironsides - Next to you / I still love them all.:thumbsup: Appreciate this might not "do it" for many on here but it certainly got my attention when I listened to both sides last week.

Certainly like this one, not sure about the white vinyl though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Soul Brother in East Putney, London carrying a lot of RSD stuff
Plus Natasha Watts & Tony Momrelle will be doing in stores for folk into contemporary soul and Tony and band will be playing at the Beer Boutique in Putney at 4pm: free!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Jason S said:

Soul Brother in East Putney, London carrying a lot of RSD stuff
Plus Natasha Watts & Tony Momrelle will be doing in stores for folk into contemporary soul and Tony and band will be playing at the Beer Boutique in Putney at 4pm: free!

one of the good sides to RSD, and as such it should be commended :thumbsup:

Social source share

On 4/7/2016 at 11:40, polyvelts said:

Anybody got any good tips ?

Soul Brother are doing a ltd vinyl  re-issue of the much indemand  Eleanor Mills LP

The bonus 45 plays I'm Gonna Get You & Same Routine , not the listed unreleased tracks, don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!