Anyone Into The Blues

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

Im doing fine mate

was at Mo's the other night saw frank etc.......

we will have to get together again sometime.Try and get Mo out.

keeping it musically

whats THE WOLF up to in attatched pic......LOL

wolf.jpg(post-6164-1160148403_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

does anyone remember Sailor Vernon's"Sailors Delight" Blues fanzine in the 80ts?.....it was a good source of cheap soul 45s...(although he was somewhat disparaging about them)......it was a laff as well......very entertaining........heres a sample Sales page......i rang up for number 5055 but it had gone....... :lol:

I do indeed a great read and like you say great sales lists, sold blues 78s too, got a few pieces off him both blues and soul 45s, Paul Vernon was his name ( I think) called his house Ora Nelle Villas after the record label that put out Little Walters first record.

Like you say Jim a laff as well, remember the story of the three friends who loved the blues and used to get together have a few cans and play their records, on hearing of a scientist who could erase parts of the memory decided to club together so one could have the musical side erased and so find out what it would feel like hearing the blues again for the first time knowing of the pleasure it had given him before, off he goes, the prof does his job and our hero returns and his friends can't wait to see his reaction as they put on his favourite Elmore James track, he asks them to put on another so they put on his favourite Tommy Johnson and he begins to cry, his mates look at each other and try to imagine the emotions their friend must be feeling as he's sat there hearing his favourite blues " Does it really sound that good?" they ask him, shaking his head, he says " No, you can take it off now, I don't like it at all".........OOPS :yes:

Social source share

• 13 years later...
On 06/10/2006 at 13:14, Platters 81 said:

does anyone remember Sailor Vernon's"Sailors Delight" Blues fanzine in the 80ts?.....it was a good source of cheap soul 45s...(although he was somewhat disparaging about them)......it was a laff as well......very entertaining........heres a sample Sales page......i rang up for number 5055 but it had gone....... :yes:

Yes, I remember them, in fact I try to collect them whenever they pop up. Do you have any that you'd like to pass on to a good home? If you do, please let me know which ones you have and how much would you like for them?

Social source share

On 03/10/2006 at 11:47, Guest melandthensome said:

Can never name a top anything mate

could never commit myself :thumbsup:

I did a big thread with Robb Klein on Soulful Detroit Forum a while ago covering a lot of blues RnB sounds with Cobra scans etc on there its in the archives if you ever go on there.

Nice to see you back, Mel!  Stay safe from The Virus.  I love too many Blues songs to make a short list, and don't have time to make a long one.🤓  Now semi-retired, still writing and drawing a few comic book stories.  But, stuck in L.A. because of The Virus.  Haven't been back to Holland or Denmark for a whole year!

Social source share

On 06/10/2020 at 01:05, Robbk said:

Nice to see you back, Mel!  Stay safe from The Virus.  I love too many Blues songs to make a short list, and don't have time to make a long one.🤓  Now semi-retired, still writing and drawing a few comic book stories.  But, stuck in L.A. because of The Virus.  Haven't been back to Holland or Denmark for a whole year!

The post is 14 years old, Bob !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert