Female Record Collector's ... How Many Are There Really

Sanquine

No matter how large or small your collection ....... Interested to find out just how many of us are there ....... If you got the passion and love for the record's you collect that's all that matter's ....... :P

Maybe you guy's can help out with female collector's who are not ss member's :lol:

I'll start with my best mate Jo Brock

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No matter how large or small your collection ....... Interested to find out just how many of us are there ....... If you got the passion and love for the record's you collect that's all that matter's ....... :D

Maybe you guy's can help out with female collector's who are not ss member's :P

I'll start with my best mate Jo Brook

Karen

Do you mean Jo Brock :lol:

Shes had some great tunes through her hands - didn't Trev assume they were his though :P

Social source share

No matter how large or small your collection ....... Interested to find out just how many of us are there ....... If you got the passion and love for the record's you collect that's all that matter's ....... :D

Karen

I`d spell her name right first tho` :P "Brokc"me thinks,but i`m no expert. :lol:

Social source share

OK, I'll admit to collecting records

Mostly cross-over as that's what I like best. I'm not addicted like some, so there are some weeks when no records drop through the letterbox at all - but other times a little parcel arrives every day!

Theres not many records on my "I'll pay whatever I need to" wants list, but if I see a tune thats a good price, and we both like it, and there's money in the record account - then I have it!

I say I, but technically as I haven't worked in over 4 years and had no income - its Michaels money I spend. I regard it as payment for raising his 2 children.

Social source share

Do you mean Jo Brock :P

Shes had some great tunes through her hands - didn't Trev assume they were his though :P

Oops, too busy multi-tasking :P Yes I know - she's living with me, so how could I get it wrong - well ..... :lol:

Kirsty - For the rest of your post :D

:D Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I collect records of all types...I would never class myself as a northern collector though. (I know, anyone whose ever heard me play, would certainly agree)

I love my tunes with a passion, whether theyre in the 'playbox' or in the 'for my ears only box' I nurture them, clean and look after them, and If I want one I will go through hell and high water to get it. and I do not need to ask permission to buy or sell if I wish to.

As a couple...we do not collect together...I am very selfish,....whats mine is mine. We have got very close to blows over records...we don't buy from each other...but we do swop and trade....much to the amusement of our friends.

nashee xxx

Social source share

OK, I'll admit to collecting records

Mostly cross-over as that's what I like best. I'm not addicted like some, so there are some weeks when no records drop through the letterbox at all - but other times a little parcel arrives every day!

Theres not many records on my "I'll pay whatever I need to" wants list, but if I see a tune thats a good price, and we both like it, and there's money in the record account - then I have it!

I say I, but technically as I haven't worked in over 4 years and had no income - its Michaels money I spend. I regard it as payment for raising his 2 children.

Kirstly even though your spending Michael's money :P are the record's you buy for your own collection or a joint one with Michael......

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest DonnaD

I collect records of all types...I would never class myself as a northern collector though. (I know, anyone whose ever heard me play, would certainly agree)

I love my tunes with a passion, whether theyre in the 'playbox' or in the 'for my ears only box' I nurture them, clean and look after them, and If I want one I will go through hell and high water to get it. and I do not need to ask permission to buy or sell if I wish to.

As a couple...we do not collect together...I am very selfish,....whats mine is mine. We have got very close to blows over records...we don't buy from each other...but we do swop and trade....much to the amusement of our friends.

nashee xxx

I completely understand your selfishness when it comes to records. If Ady has a record that I really want for my own collection I'll hunt down a copy rather than borrow it. It's just not the same - I have a need to possess a record and have it live in my own little record box. I don't collect obsessively but only because I don't have the means to :P .

Social source share

Oops, too busy multi-tasking :P Yes I know - she's living with me, so how could I get it wrong - well ..... :P

Kirsty - For the rest of your post :D

:P Karen

She should be living with me :lol:

Social source share

Kirstly even though your spending Michael's money :lol: are the record's you buy for your own collection or a joint one with Michael......

Karen

that's a hard question :P

some are definately MINE, some I wouldn't want (they're his) - some I would want but have bought them for him as a present (Ella Woods is a good example)...

they all live together happily, so I would class them as joint, but if push came to shove they would stay with me along with the kids :P:D

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I completely understand your selfishness when it comes to records. If Ady has a record that I really want for my own collection I'll hunt down a copy rather than borrow it. It's just not the same - I have a need to possess a record and have it live in my own little record box. I don't collect obsessively but only because I don't have the means to :lol: .

AHHH I feel so much better now I know that it's not just me....Borrowing would be the same as playing a bootleg...OH Horror of Horrors :P

I have to say......I am completely obsessive

nashee

BTW...Great to meet you Saturday

Social source share

Oops, too busy multi-tasking :P Yes I know - she's living with me, so how could I get it wrong - well ..... :P

:P Karen

Top lass Jo, had a couple of nice pieces off her in the 90s, you can tell her I'm still looking after "The Sea Shells" :shades:

Derek

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

All of the above...I NEED a record, I won't borrow someone else's records with the exception of Dave Rimmer & my first set at Cleethorpes (which I wasn't told about), it's my money, they're MY records and bollox to anything or anyone who gets in the way - oh, and you don't touch my records once they're in my play box even if you're a mate, else I'll break your fookin' fingers....but apart from that, I'm not dysfunctional....Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Bought my first record when I was 15ish, bought the last one yesterday....

Never sold any, cause I only buy what I love, so no reason to sell afterwards.

Have lost some over the years....broken, stolen, borrowed.... wicked.gif

Wouldn't class myself as a record collector because that's the other halfs job but I am passionate about the few I have got.

Anyway, who says that size matters... :thumbsup:

Come on Ken, we are waiting for the two good reasons.... :lol:

Social source share

Got to give a mention to Janice Price & our very own Julia Nicol from Modernism.

Both doing a spot in the modern room at The Earl in Doncaster tomorrow night so it should be a good'un.

Must also give a shout to Soul Underground's Lin Taylor & future Modernism guest Jane Carter.

Probably gonna get shot down in flames for this (what's new!) but i think you lasses put more thought into the music than most of the blokes who dj.

You girls will play a tune because it's good but most of the blokes will have to play a tune because it's rare or it's a demo or because Manships got it in't auction or i'm on before him so he can't play it etc etc. :lol:

Fire away...

Social source share

No matter how large or small your collection ....... Interested to find out just how many of us are there ....... If you got the passion and love for the record's you collect that's all that matter's ....... :lol:

Karen

My friend JO LAW will murder me for this :lol: She has infinate knowledge and a fabulous collection....and has put me onto great semi-knowns.....Heres to you Jo :lol::D ATB Steve

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

My friend JO LAW will murder me for this :lol: She has infinate knowledge and a fabulous collection....and has put me onto great semi-knowns.....Heres to you Jo :lol::lol: ATB Steve

i second that :P

brilliant girly mid-tempo knowledge

Shane

Social source share

I collect, have done since about the age of 14 (can just remember) Love me records, and like others dont like to share, whats mine is mine etc etc, its very rare that I sell any of them either only if my memory gives up on me and I double up on any. Love them all, and still collecting... bought my last one bout 10 minutes ago :thumbsup::lol: As a youngster used to love getting the soul packs through the post and getting a cracker every so often ( once in a blue moon) and still like the occasional "buying blind" for the buzz of finding a gem. The old charity shops aint as good as they used to be anymore and carboots round this area dont hold fruitful... But if its in the blood to sniff out a northern gem then guess that makes me a collector.... :D:D:lol:

Social source share

I sell to quite a few girls but they mainly live abroard. A couple of major collectors in Australia, a couple in Spain.

Christina and another girl (sorry cant remember her name) played awesome sets at Rimini this year.

My Ex collects records, started by robbing me when i got back from my US trips!

Chris

Social source share

All of the above...I NEED a record, I won't borrow someone else's records with the exception of Dave Rimmer & my first set at Cleethorpes (which I wasn't told about), it's my money, they're MY records and bollox to anything or anyone who gets in the way - oh, and you don't touch my records once they're in my play box even if you're a mate, else I'll break your fookin' fingers....but apart from that, I'm not dysfunctional....Jo

I can also let everyone know that you won't sell records from your sales box either :yes: . The number of times I've picked three or four out just to be told "they're not for sale!" ...

I've also learnt not to tell you about records on eBay after you outbid me for that Shep - Fool to Fool/I'm Sitting In after I told you about it even tho you had a copy. :yes::wicked:

Don't come between a woman and her records!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I can also let everyone know that you won't sell records from your sales box either :thumbsup: . The number of times I've picked three or four out just to be told "they're not for sale!" ...

I've also learnt not to tell you about records on eBay after you outbid me for that Shep - Fool to Fool/I'm Sitting In after I told you about it even tho you had a copy. :D:D

Don't come between a woman and her records!

I rest my case :D I'm more ruthless than a contract killer....when it comes to vinyl :D Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert