Tony Love

Guest martinsbox

Guest martinsbox

How much does his "Crying time is over" go for now-a-days? Just got a copy through on Instant 3324. It was reccomended to me sometime ago . . . can't remember by who though!

Martin

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How much does his "Crying time is over" go for now-a-days? Just got a copy through on Instant 3324. It was reccomended to me sometime ago . . . can't remember by who though!

Martin

Hi Martin,

I played this at the last Soul Essence (listed in the programme as a new spin) and have raved over it a couple of times on here.

It's a very scarce record, being one of the much later Instant tracks and I think it could well become quite pricey if given the exposure.

The only reason it's not an acknowledged 'Big Ticket' item is because hardly anyone knows it.

Pretty sure I wouldn't sell mine for less than £150 because I know it would be difficult to replace.

Sort of a cross between "Shotgun Wedding" (Tempo) and "Girl I Love You".... if you can believe that!

A Top Tip for anyone out there is this baby... get it if you can.

:P

Sean

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Hi Martin,

I played this at the last Soul Essence (listed in the programme as a new spin) and have raved over it a couple of times on here.

It's a very scarce record, being one of the much later Instant tracks and I think it could well become quite pricey if given the exposure.

The only reason it's not an acknowledged 'Big Ticket' item is because hardly anyone knows it.

Pretty sure I wouldn't sell mine for less than £150 because I know it would be difficult to replace.

Sort of a cross between "Shotgun Wedding" (Tempo) and "Girl I Love You".... if you can believe that!

A Top Tip for anyone out there is this baby... get it if you can.

:shades:

Sean

Thanks for that Shawn. A brilliant track from 1975, and one I'd not heard of or heard prior to getting my copy. I couldn't have put it better myself, definately spot on with the "Shotgun Wedding" / "Girl I Love You".

Another record that arrived in the same batch, and one I'd reccomend is Baby Washington on the Master Five label from 1973 . . . "Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind". :P:P This record is awesome. My copy is a double sided stereo/mono dj copy so I don't know how good the other side "You (just a dream)" is . . . ballad?

Martin

Social source share

Had 10 copies of this a couple years back and sold them for 5 Euros each... ranting_1.gif

Thorsten

:thumbsup:

Then somebody's got them somewhere... but everyone I've turned onto it is having a nightmare trying to get one.

The INSTANT label was in decline (going out of business) when this was pressed up so it wasn't promoted and consequently didn't sell.

But I bet it would if you had a 10 box now though Thorsten!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Perhaps with four more copies turning up, it may get a little more exposure.

Martin

Social source share

Perhaps with four more copies turning up, it may get a little more exposure.

Martin

That would be great Martin. Of course it depends who gets their hands on them and with as many as 10 or 15 copies out there I know that some DJ's wouldn't touch it with a Barge Pole :thumbsup: .

Hope it does get more spins (along with your Baby Washington tip, which is also superb) as it's a top drawer 'crossover' tune that has real potential.

Cheers

ranting_1.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

That would be great Martin. Of course it depends who gets their hands on them and with as many as 10 or 15 copies out there I know that some DJ's wouldn't touch it with a Barge Pole :lol: .

Hope it does get more spins (along with your Baby Washington tip, which is also superb) as it's a top drawer 'crossover' tune that has real potential.

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Sean

Just hope not too many d.j.'s have got Barge Poles then!! ranting_1.gif

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

And I assume your price for the spare 3 has at least trebled after this thread!! wicked.gif

That all depends on the condition of the records, looking at how the records were displayed! :thumbsup: There is nothing worse than seeing records treated in this way.

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert